Humm Baby...Let's Go Giants!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:11 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Giibo
Why is bandwagonism such a concern to folks? I like my team - nothing will ever change that. Why should it bother me that other people who know nothing about the team now enjoy their success? I like my team and if other people wanna start liking my team, so what?

Everyone's gotta start somewhere. I've been a giants fan all my life and i could care less if the neighbor down the street just now figured out who Tim Lincecum was.

Now...Let the TORTURE commence! I will be at the Public House this Wednesday as early as i can. Come out and support the team and enjoy the game...IT'S THE WORLD FU&#'N SERIES!
I also completely agree. I was fortunate enough to be born into a family of Giatns and Niners fans so I've had no choice but to be a fan forever. Some peoples families don't give a **** about sports and so they are never exposed to it until a later time in their lives. If it takes the giants going to the world series to act as a catalyst for them becoming fans that's not surprising. When first getting into a sport it's hard to appreciate a team that's not doing well because you don't already have that internal feeling that this is YOUR team so you need to support them good or bad. It's just nice that the giants family is growing and more people are around to celebrate with. As for the the phillies fan talking smack about how much "better" and more "passionate" fans they are i have to borrow from Uncle Gary and say, "Nobody...NOBODY cares" no need to bring down the good vibes in this thread. "WHO DOES THAT?!"
Old 10-25-2010, 09:22 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Originally Posted by Redils16
I also completely agree. I was fortunate enough to be born into a family of Giatns and Niners fans so I've had no choice but to be a fan forever. Some peoples families don't give a **** about sports and so they are never exposed to it until a later time in their lives. If it takes the giants going to the world series to act as a catalyst for them becoming fans that's not surprising. When first getting into a sport it's hard to appreciate a team that's not doing well because you don't already have that internal feeling that this is YOUR team so you need to support them good or bad. It's just nice that the giants family is growing and more people are around to celebrate with. As for the the phillies fan talking smack about how much "better" and more "passionate" fans they are i have to borrow from Uncle Gary and say, "Nobody...NOBODY cares" no need to bring down the good vibes in this thread. "WHO DOES THAT?!"
Who has time? well said.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:20 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I used to like Gary but his show has become Giant *** kissing central for the last 10 months. It's not even a sports talk show any more, just the Giant's circle jerk station.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 PM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT Sports
well you have to love gary because of his missing pinkys and his alcoholic whit! but your right, it does get boastful a lot of the time. however, giants fever has swept our town, community and coast.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I used to like Gary but his show has become Giant *** kissing central for the last 10 months. It's not even a sports talk show any more, just the Giant's circle jerk station.
What else would you expect? Would you rather talk about the 49ers, Warriors, Raiders or A's? KNBR is in fact the home of the Giants. Or more of Gary's stories about game shows from the 1950s?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Giibo
What else would you expect? Would you rather talk about the 49ers, Warriors, Raiders or A's? KNBR is in fact the home of the Giants. Or more of Gary's stories about game shows from the 1950s?
It's a 3 hour show. You'd think they could sprinkle in a little bit of the other sports, it doesn't have to be all local, as you well know.... pound it pound it pound it
Old 10-26-2010, 01:32 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Its a combined effort between the beard guy, the freak, and the panda.
Also, recently, "Short Guy With Two First Names". For the record, I'm a fan of both the Giants and the A's. I know it's a blasphemy amongst Bay Area sports fans the same way it's frowned upon if you were a Niners and a Raiders fan. When I was 7 years old, being a kid who batted left handed and threw right handed, I was practicing Will Clark's batting stance and then picked up a tube of tennis ***** to practice throwing side arm pitches like Dennis Eckersley in my backyard. I'm more of a hardcore Bay Area sports fan than anything.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 10-26-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by Hollandaze
I know it's a blasphemy amongst Bay Area sports fans the same way it's frowned upon if you were a Niners and a Raiders fan. When I was 7 years old, being a kid who batted left handed and threw right handed, I was practicing Will Clark's batting stance and then picked up a tube of tennis ***** to practice throwing side arm pitches like Dennis Eckersley in my backyard. I'm more of a hardcore Bay Area sports fan than anything.
I can totally relate. I grew up in Oakland but my parents were always Giants fans. I went to a TON of A's games growing up because the stadium was 5 minutes from the house. Again, up until interleague play was introduced in '95, and aside from the games in '89, I didn't have a reason why I couldn't be both a Giants fan and an A's fan.

-Brian
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
ok, so i dont have a problem with people who are now getting into watching baseball because the giants are in the WS,
but i have a problem with people who have talked **** about baseball, havent watched a game in their lives,
and then all of a sudden they become diehard giants fans, saying that "its our time to win", when they have no idea who is even on our own team...

one kid i know from oakland said that phrase "its our time to win" and someone called him out because he used to always talk smack about baseball
and the SF giants just because he was from the other side of the bridge

never once wore anything with orange and black, or with an SF on it, and now he's all into the giants, posting a new facebook status every 10 minutes and acting like he knows the players...
i bet when the series is over, he wont watch another SF giants game...

similar to what happened when the warriors made the playoffs...
so many people became warriors fans for a few weeks, then the warriors lost and those people stopped caring...

born and raised sf, ive got pride for my city and the bay area teams, regardless of the W/L column
Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I could honestly care less about the bandwagon fans when it really comes down to it. My love for this team began before I was even born and it'll never change. From the moment my mom's water broke at the 'Stick in '78 until the day I die, Giants fan for life!!!

-Brian
Old 10-26-2010, 02:21 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I could honestly care less about the bandwagon fans when it really comes down to it. My love for this team began before I was even born and it'll never change. From the moment my mom's water broke at the 'Stick in '78 until the day I die, Giants fan for life!!!

-Brian
Wait stop the thread

'78 ??!?!?!

as in the year the dodgers won the NL pennant

if the dodgers were in the WS i would expect the same out of all the Giants fans. if not I wouldnt call you guys die hard
Old 10-26-2010, 07:29 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by sigma pi
Wait stop the thread

'78 ??!?!?!

as in the year the dodgers won the NL pennant

if the dodgers were in the WS i would expect the same out of all the Giants fans. if not I wouldnt call you guys die hard
I was walking in downtown Santa Cruz 2 weeks ago, and I spotted this kid with a Dodgers hat, huge fur coat (it was sunny and warm that day), jeans, etc so from across the street so I yelled "Duck the Fodgers!" (there were families around so I didn't want to be too obvious with my wording). The kid stopped and looked at me so I threw my hands up and did a "what" gesture. He put his head down and kept walking. I saw him again a little bit later (i guess he was trolling the streets) and he just put his head down when he saw me. haha

Funny *** story of a ***** *** Dodgers fan.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
I was walking in downtown Santa Cruz 2 weeks ago, and I spotted this kid with a Dodgers hat, huge fur coat (it was sunny and warm that day), jeans, etc so from across the street so I yelled "Duck the Fodgers!" (there were families around so I didn't want to be too obvious with my wording). The kid stopped and looked at me so I threw my hands up and did a "what" gesture. He put his head down and kept walking. I saw him again a little bit later (i guess he was trolling the streets) and he just put his head down when he saw me. haha

Funny *** story of a ***** *** Dodgers fan.
he found that hat. I can assure you
Old 10-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Car Info: 07 legacy
wooo wooooo woooooooooooo
Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 01 Impreza RSTi, 08 Evo MR, and 13 XV
in every sport you will have the "so called hardcore or die hard fan" that always beotches about the casual fan or bandwagon jumper.

I say who cares, in the end that casual fan or bandwagon jumper buys tickets and Giants parafanelia. That in turn goes to the team so that they pay the outrageuous salaries these players make to keep them on the team. So this should make the hardcore/die hard fan happy.

Quick Reply: Humm Baby...Let's Go Giants!!!