Humm Baby...Let's Go Giants!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by R-Dub
Not surprised at all that article was written by a Giants homer. So yea, Giants fans don't see what else takes place in that stadium and even outside the stadium. My point still stands.

And this quote from Mitch Williams says it all,
"In Philadelphia, they mortgage homes to buy season tickets," said Mitch Williams, a former Phillies relief pitcher known as "Wild Thing" in his playing days, now a broadcaster. "It's not a social event, it's a way of life. They're a blue-collar town, they work hard for their money, and if they don't see a good performance, they're going to let you know."
After he gave up the homerun to Joe Carter in the '93 WS, he wasn't even able to return to his home due to death threats. The majority of Giant's fans have no passion. Philly fans live and breathe passion for the sports teams. It's a completely different way of life out there that people from here would never be able to understand.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

How about this kid who was killed at a Giants game. Read the comment from Out of Control in Santa Clara. Like I said, Giants have stupid fans too who are willing to cause trouble.

http://www.topix.com/forum/mlb/san-f...3T53LA24U1F306
Old 10-20-2010, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 2008 specB
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
How about this kid who was killed at a Giants game. Read the comment from Out of Control in Santa Clara. Like I said, Giants have stupid fans too who are willing to cause trouble.

http://www.topix.com/forum/mlb/san-f...3T53LA24U1F306
What sports team doesn't?

It's the ratio of your "passionate" fans to others.

Raider fans for instance.

We won't go to Raider games (or when the 9ners play them) for that reason.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
The majority of Giant's fans have no passion. Philly fans live and breathe passion for the sports teams. It's a completely different way of life out there that people from here would never be able to understand.

That's worth a laugh, we have no passion? You make jest good sir.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:11 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
If passion means puking on other fans or cheering when a player could be dead on the field I'm happy we lack it.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:49 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by R-Dub

That's worth a laugh, we have no passion? You make jest good sir.
Originally Posted by ruehl
If passion means puking on other fans or cheering when a player could be dead on the field I'm happy we lack it.
+100000000

I guess what is seen as passion to some is seen as idiotic and classless to others. There are ways of showing passion for the game other than personally attacking the athletes...
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

I prefer Krukow's quote which holds slightly more validity because he actually played in both San Francisco and Philly:

"If you're not giving a good effort in San Francisco, the fans get on you," said Giants broadcaster Mike Krukow, a former Giant who spent part of his career pitching in Philadelphia. "But the intensity level of hate here is probably 30 percent of what it is in Philly. People here can head to the beach, or go up to wine country and calm their anxieties. I just think they have nothing else to do in Philly."

-Brian
Old 10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ruehl
Everybody always goes back to an instance of a jackass doing something retarded. Funny that a fan ran onto Yankee field and after A-Rod and yet nothing in the media about it.

Cheering about Michael Irvin, hell yea! You people know nothing about a true rivalry. The Eagles/Cowboys rivalry is long and documented. Him getting hurt and going out improves the chances of the Eagles winning. That's a good thing.

And if anybody was listening to Radnich on KNBR today with Tony Bruno and he had a reporter from Philly with him already said what Krukow said. She said that when this is over Philly people have to go to shoveling snow and watching the soap opera that is the Eagles and their QB situation. But that's what breeds true fans. Not fair weather fans like out here when their teams are doing bad and they don't care cause they go to the beach or wine country and take their minds off it, i.e. passion.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Talking

Not fair weather fans like out here when their teams are doing bad and they don't care cause they go to the beach or wine country and take their minds off it, i.e. passion.
I guess I'll take a fewer number of "hardcore" fans and keep the awesome weather and amazing beauty that is Northern California anyday Some of us are secure enough in our passion that we don't have to flaunt it

-Brian
Old 10-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
You used the same example of an individual being stupid but there are just A LOT more cases of philly fans being idiots.

I've heard a lot about the fan going after a-rod to confront him about Cameron Diaz w/ pictures. But how many liquored up philly fans have ran on the field this year, atleast two i can remember, the taser guy and the red jumpsuit guy.

I still find it barbaric the Micheal Irvin incident. I go to every raider home game and when other players are on the field not moving we don't cheer like crazy, even when its been a 49er or a division rival we don't cheer like animals excited by the sight of blood.

You guys threw batteries at your first black baseball player and had a jail/court inside veterans stadium.

I'm oh so sorry we can't be barbaric with passion because we live in a area with bad weather, which obviously makes fans turn into rapid animals. Oh wait fans in other bad weather areas don't act like animals i guess its something in the water.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:29 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I guess I'll take a fewer number of "hardcore" fans and keep the awesome weather and amazing beauty that is Northern California anyday Some of us are secure enough in our passion that we don't have to flaunt it

-Brian
+1

And I can't count myself as one of those fans that 'doesn't care when they are doing bad'; I care all the time, even during the slumps and the droughts.

Go back to 2002 and 2003 when we lost before winning it all - we were right back there at the beginning of the season to go for it all over again, and have been since.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Everybody always goes back to an instance of a jackass doing something retarded. Funny that a fan ran onto Yankee field and after A-Rod and yet nothing in the media about it.

Cheering about Michael Irvin, hell yea! You people know nothing about a true rivalry. The Eagles/Cowboys rivalry is long and documented. Him getting hurt and going out improves the chances of the Eagles winning. That's a good thing.

And if anybody was listening to Radnich on KNBR today with Tony Bruno and he had a reporter from Philly with him already said what Krukow said. She said that when this is over Philly people have to go to shoveling snow and watching the soap opera that is the Eagles and their QB situation. But that's what breeds true fans. Not fair weather fans like out here when their teams are doing bad and they don't care cause they go to the beach or wine country and take their minds off it, i.e. passion.

how about you head back then? Or at least make you're own thread about how "passionate" you are....

....I had a whole diatribe typed here, but realized I was getting "passionate" and wanted to puke my lunch all over you.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SolSurferX
how about you head back then? Or at least make you're own thread about how "passionate" you are....

....I had a whole diatribe typed here, but realized I was getting "passionate" and wanted to puke my lunch all over you.
How about you just STFU?

It's fine, we're used to people thinking how "barbaric" we are cause the media always paints Philly in a bad light. Sorry we all can't be hippy's or children of hippy's screaming peace and love and can't everybody just get along.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Talking

Yeah, let's get this back on track!

GO GIANTS!!!!!

-Brian
Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 PM

How about you just STFU?

It's fine, we're used to people thinking how "barbaric" we are cause the media always paints Philly in a bad light. Sorry we all can't be hippy's or children of hippy's screaming peace and love and can't everybody just get along.
You're the one spouting **** about the Giants and their fans...in a Giants thread...so, no I won't STFU, YOU can GTFO.

...and Go Giants.

Quick Reply: Humm Baby...Let's Go Giants!!!