How upset would you be? (Ebay related drama, pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Car Info: Fast
Yes, meaning yes you are overreacting. The damned thing works!!

Tell you what...go through with your claim. The most likely resolution is that paypal tells you to bugger off because you received the item and it works as it should. I have been through this on both sides, and they tend to favor the party that brings them money. Once they have your money, they do not really give a ****.

As for the feedback, I am pretty sure Ebay will entertain changing your feedback if the seller pushes hard enough, for the same reasons as above. The feedback recipient has certain rights when it comes to negative feedback.

It is clear that he was trying to get a few extra bucks for it by NOT posting pictures, but you are a fool for buying without seeing pictures. Stop playing the victim, and own up to the fact that you leapt before looking.

If you are still not happy, I will give you $100 for it right now
Old 11-30-2009, 01:01 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
So was saving a few $ worth all this headache?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Car Info: 2001 BMW M5
Originally Posted by aboothman
Yes, meaning yes you are overreacting. The damned thing works!!

Tell you what...go through with your claim. The most likely resolution is that paypal tells you to bugger off because you received the item and it works as it should. I have been through this on both sides, and they tend to favor the party that brings them money. Once they have your money, they do not really give a ****.

As for the feedback, I am pretty sure Ebay will entertain changing your feedback if the seller pushes hard enough, for the same reasons as above. The feedback recipient has certain rights when it comes to negative feedback.

It is clear that he was trying to get a few extra bucks for it by NOT posting pictures, but you are a fool for buying without seeing pictures. Stop playing the victim, and own up to the fact that you leapt before looking.

If you are still not happy, I will give you $100 for it right now
Only if you give me what I paid for it. I've been burned a few times, but Paypal has always made it right. Ebay was, is and always will be a buyer's market.

I've sold quite a few things on Ebay, and can say with a 100% confidence ratio, that you take your financial life into your own hands when selling. I make sure every nick, ding, and scratch is shown. I haven't had a single complaint.

If the guy had put "Used STi ipod" for the description, I would eat it. But he spent the time to really toady up the crown as to what great condition it was in and such, produced expectations that it would indeed be as described. "As described" is the magic term that basically decided your fate in the Paypal world.

Anyway, as I've said before, I wasn't expecting a new ipod, just one in great shape, with some pocket scuffs, that wasn't used much.

That being said, this is the most worn ipod I've ever seen. I couldn't do much worse taking steel wool to the back of that thing.

The seller advertised cosmetic greatness, which was false.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mcast
wow, never knew that existed till now, and i would've thought that the stickers would cover more of the back.

if you could find one in pristine condition that would be one badass iPod touch.
What is cool is that they aren't stickers, but actually painted on.

Which also makes it sad that it went through the grinder at some point in its life.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by c32c7
So was saving a few $ worth all this headache?
It wasn't really a matter of saving. Do a search on here, nabisco, and iwsti, and search for this thing. There are few and far between, and most of them went the wayside back in 2008, which is how long I've been looking for one.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
My old iPhone looked a lot worse. I see no dents and it has no impact on the performance of the iPod, and you did not ask for pictures of the pocket scuffs, which you should have since the severity of scuffing is open to interpretation and relativity.

Realize that you bought a used product and scuff marks have no impact on performance. Then quit your *****in'.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
My old iPhone looked a lot worse. I see no dents and it has no impact on the performance of the iPod, and you did not ask for pictures of the pocket scuffs, which you should have since the severity of scuffing is open to interpretation and relativity.

Realize that you bought a used product and scuff marks have no impact on performance. Then quit your *****in'.
"some pocket scuffs" should not mean "washed with steel wool"
Old 11-30-2009, 02:06 PM
banned

Car Info: Honda RVT RC51
Originally Posted by Gouki
I've been burned a few times
And yet it doesn't seem like you've learned from your past experiences.....
Old 11-30-2009, 02:44 PM

In my opinion you are totally overreacting and here is why.

Iphone+case+little bit pocked dirt and lent+stupid chrome= tons of scratches.......thats how iphones are.....I mean it's a cell phone, and its going to be in a case anyways?

if someone tells you something is not brand new, and is lightly used....its on YOU to request pictures or see it ahead of time. Thats the stupidest thing in the world not too, especially if you are going to be picky. Don't buy used stuff online without pictures. Moral of the story.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 11-30-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:39 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by slow04wrx

if someone tells you something is not brand new, and is lightly used....its on YOU to request pictures or see it ahead of time. Thats the stupidest thing in the world not too, especially if you are going to be picky. Don't buy used stuff online without pictures. Moral of the story.
QFT!

As you get older you will realize, as I have been learning lately, that many times the stress is not worth the trouble. I do not mean that people should give up on a legitimate fight. I mean that you should retain the initiative and spend that time avoiding the fights rather than dealing with the BS later. Be prepared and stay one step ahead (retain the initiative and anticipate), and your life will be far easier. Many times you will win the fight, but the toll taken on your sanity is not worth it in the end...unless you are an attorney

Good luck!!

Edit: By the way, do not be too hard on those of us who do not agree with you. You DID ask if you were overreacting, so it is natural that some of us are going to say YES. Hear us out and you might get a feel for other points of view.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Car Info: .

But, he bought it mostly for the looks.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
But, he bought it mostly for the looks.
If he bought it for looks, and failed to request pictures (you know, to see what it looks like) then that is solely his fault.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 11-30-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Hell, I'm happy if the stuff I buy off eBay just plain works.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM

Car Info: .
If he bought it for looks, and failed to request pictures (you know, to see what it looks like) then that is solely his fault.
I'm not disagreeing with you.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
I'm not disagreeing with you.
I couldn't tell if that was sarcasm or a legitimate argument

Quick Reply: How upset would you be? (Ebay related drama, pics!)