How to get an MRI done with metal inside your body?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by glenspen
At BAM it costs $5 for as much food and sodas as you can drink, how broke does a person have to be to if they can't afford that?...and we get to donate a few thousand to a worthy charity that saves lives.

All this talk about Dan buying his STI or house through one BAM event a year is ridiculous, ...rather than being critical, you should thank him for the amazing event he puts on every year.

All those people who ***** and moan about Dan and BAM and don't go because of their feelings towards Dan are missing out bigstyle. Don't bring your negativity to an otherwise superb day, judging by the turnout you are not missed.

Sorry for the rant. Dan is many things, love him or hate him, but he is not dishonest and accusing him of stealing from animal charities is a low act.
hahah, glen, thanks, but Im not worried about it at all... People like irish car bomb probably show up at McDonalds and whine about the fact that they have to pay for their food. carbomb and his little butt buddies are little to no concern of me, they are little *****es that sit behind a computer screen and talk smack to people... Do we really want people like that at BAM? I know I sure as hell don't! irish car bomb contributes NOTHING to this site and his opinions and views mean NOTHING. If he stop posting here we wouldn't lose anything worth while and the site would actually improve.

If you don't like reading my threads then just don't read them... It's like you're trying to get attention by whining about me... So whos the attention ***** now?

Who is irishcarbomb anyway? Has anyone ever met him? I dont think I have...

check the furry friends website where they featured BAIC for our donation. Its proof that they received the donation. 0wn3d

Last edited by brucelee; 03-19-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:37 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
And that differs from my current Kaiser plan how?
You are not forced to pay for other people's inability to take care of themselves.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Warm Fuzzy Admin

Car Info: 97 LOB, 05 FXT, 03 Tundra
I'm tired of seeing all this bull**** speculation about Hammy/BAM year after year. I've been here for 9 years. I've helped with Hammy, and I've seen first-hand how much personal effort goes into it from Dan as well as the rest of the community, and there's always people trying to bring personal issues into it - strangely, it's all the people who aren't involved.

Dan, in the present, past, and future, has nothing but the good of the club in mind, and sacrifices financially and emotionally to make it happen; I completely understand him not wanting to put the effort in again when this is the thanks he gets.

If you don't want to read Dan's posts, don't read 'em, don't respond to 'em. Be an adult instead of a 16 year old girl - it'll help in real life too. I don't want to see any more discussion about BAM 9, period. It's in the past, and noone on either side is going to change their opinions now. You think you can do better? Don't talk about it, be about it.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:14 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by nation
whats wrong with your back?

your doctor would know best.i to have some titanium in my body but the screws holding it place are surgical steel so be careful.
they lay a heavyass lead cover over the area prior to my yearly spine mr(3 compressed disks)
And if the screws are surgical stainless steel then it is also non-ferrous. Booya.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by sybir
IYou think you can do better? Don't talk about it, be about it.
IIRC, someone did last year, asking for transparency with the monies, and a **** storm ensued.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Car Info: 01 forester/08 forester
oops

Last edited by smyamaha; 03-20-2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: taking some of the fuel out of the fire. gonna try to play nice now
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
You are not forced to pay for other people's inability to take care of themselves.
Hey, where do you think my expensive-*** premium goes?
But yeah, I'd hate to have to pay for MORE people's inability to take of themselves.
... Although I am pretty disgruntled with my high premium, ridiculous copays, inability to get adequate that once-in-a-blue-moon that I actually need it, etc. But then again, that's all a topic for another thread, right? :thubm:

Choosing between Kaiser and socialized healthcare is like choosing between death and "oonga-boonga" if you know the old joke
Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by smyamaha
little *****es that sit behind a computer screen and talk smack to people... Do we really want people like that at BAM? I know I sure as hell don't! irish car bomb contributes NOTHING to this site and his opinions and views mean NOTHING. If he stop posting here we wouldn't lose anything worth while and the site would actually improve.

If you don't like reading my threads then just don't read them... It's like you're trying to get attention by whining about me... So whos the attention ***** now?

I've met him, but what do I know, I just run a puppy mill
one or two people and it's likely them......a whole mess of people and it's probably you. Just saying. Funny how most threads with Dan end up this way
Ya know, it's funny. It seems like the only people that have mad issues with brucelee are the ones that have only been on i-Club for a year or two...
Old 03-19-2010, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by sybir
I'm tired of seeing all this bull**** speculation about Hammy/BAM year after year. I've been here for 9 years. I've helped with Hammy, and I've seen first-hand how much personal effort goes into it from Dan as well as the rest of the community, and there's always people trying to bring personal issues into it - strangely, it's all the people who aren't involved.

Dan, in the present, past, and future, has nothing but the good of the club in mind, and sacrifices financially and emotionally to make it happen; I completely understand him not wanting to put the effort in again when this is the thanks he gets.

If you don't want to read Dan's posts, don't read 'em, don't respond to 'em. Be an adult instead of a 16 year old girl - it'll help in real life too. I don't want to see any more discussion about BAM 9, period. It's in the past, and noone on either side is going to change their opinions now. You think you can do better? Don't talk about it, be about it.
Thanks for telling it like it is, sybir.

They are the type of people that sit around and complain, whine, and ***** about other people and about how much they hate others, etc... They don't bring anything positive to the table, it's all a bunch of childish ignorance. They can call me an attention ***** all they want, but at least I'm not a **** talking douchebag without ***** like they are. Bunch of cowards that get off on trying to make others feel bad about themselves (insults, etc)

These idiots don't realize that around 400-500 people show up to BAM and that it costs MONEY to feed everyone, not to mention all the other costs that come along with the event (such as supplies, rentals, etc). We (the group of people who help me each year) bust our asses every year so that everyone in BAIC can have fun... It's not easy setting up such a massive event... It costs around $5-6 to feed each person (burgers, chicken, sausages, plus all the sides, snacks, drinks, supplies like plates, napkins, condiments, etc). Each person pays $5 to get in, and the way I make it so that i don't lose money is by having the vendors pick up the slack, and of course the vendors allow us to keep the cost down to $5 and also cover the rental fees, etc.

I say this every year, and I'll say it again this year... If I do end up doing this event again, you're more then welcome to come to coscto with us and video tape the entire thing... I always offer this up but no one ever takes me up on my offer... why? My theory is because you have no validity and the only reason you give me crap is for the sake of making yourself feel better... Just like a grade school bully. Usually people that bully others have issues at home and have no real control over their own lives so they take it out on others to make themselves feel better, like a sense of power that they don't have in real life.

Offer has stood for the last 3 years... Ive tried proving the BAM thing to all the naysayers over the years but no one has ever taken me on my offer because they'd rather just talk crap then to actually admit that I am right.

One thing I'll never understand is why people complain so much over $5? You mean to tell me that you're SO broke/cheap that you can't afford $5 for entry + food + drink? You can't even go to McDonalds and buy that amount of food for $5, yet you think we're making thousands of dollars off your entry fee? Are you on crack?

Just do the math... 500 people = a lot of food. That food doesn't appear out of thin air and it all needs to be bought. Have you ever tried feeding 500 people (oh wait, this is where you will lie and tell me that you have thrown two dozen parties that had 2,000 people in attendance and you fed everyone for less then $200, )?? It's not just food either, there is so much that goes into that event including the site rental, the insurance that goes with the site (which is bank), the supplies, etc, etc. The park even has to pay to have an extra ranger on staff because of the enormous crowd that we produce... Guess who has to pay for that?

(That was all directed to idiots like irish car bomb and his butt lover spoolin415)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:33 PM

Ya know, it's funny. It seems like the only people that have mad issues with brucelee are the ones that have only been on i-Club for a year or two...
Over the past 10+ years that I have posted on BAIC, idiots like this always come and go. They have nothing positive or productive to add to this forum, all they do is bad mouth people and talk crap to others. Just like the others who came before them, they will be gone before you know it and you wont remember them.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:38 PM

little *****es that sit behind a computer screen and talk smack to people... Do we really want people like that at BAM? I know I sure as hell don't! irish car bomb contributes NOTHING to this site and his opinions and views mean NOTHING. If he stop posting here we wouldn't lose anything worth while and the site would actually improve.

I've met him, but what do I know, I just run a puppy mill
one or two people and it's likely them......a whole mess of people and it's probably you. Just saying. Funny how most threads with Dan end up this way
Dude, really? I thought we were over that... I said what I said and told you that I wouldn't say anything else about your dogs.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by brucelee
Just like the others who came before them, they will be gone before you know it and you wont remember them.
Ah, there we are, it's the lack of longevity
I guess long time i-Clubbers have to happy before they stick around for a while haha.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Dude, really? I thought we were over that... I said what I said and told you that I wouldn't say anything else about your dogs.
sorry then Dan, I don't recall you saying that. I will retract/edit my previous post. Just cause we are new to the game does't mean we don't have a lot to offer, I may not post as much as some of you, but those that know me know I have offered plenty
I for one, will now let sleeping dogs lie ( no pun intended)
Old 03-20-2010, 12:55 AM

it takes 2 to tango, but I think the dance is now done
Old 03-20-2010, 12:57 AM
VIP Member

it takes 2 to tango, but I think the dance is now done

Quick Reply: How to get an MRI done with metal inside your body?