Notices

Hit and Run FTL!

Old 06-13-2009, 12:08 AM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Bummer dude, hope things work out for you. I had the same problem, on my '06. I searched and searched for a CGM passenger side fender and got beat twice for some. I ended just buying a oem one.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 AM

Car Info: $2000 hawkeye
just do it like my bro...he was able to catch dudes in civic with B20 swap (that hit 'n"run his car in the middle of night) in his Ford F350......now he drives a Suby
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Bump.

Some person at work decided to not leave a note after their terrible attempt at parking.

This is the fourth time someone has dinged or crashed into me and not leave a note. Technically probably 10+ times, but those are somewhat minor compared to this.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
People these days disgust me.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
errrrrr =/

i hope it gets fixed asap
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
wow that sucks! i am sorry dude...

by the way are your tires not properly rotated?

edit nvm i dont think theyre directional
Old 08-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
yea, after a while and the million dings on my car I kinda don't ***** as much as I used to. =\
Old 08-14-2012, 09:20 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by iLoqin View Post
yea, after a while and the million dings on my car I kinda don't ***** as much as I used to. =\
Yeah I actually have a ton of scratches and other dings on the car. In fact my rear bumper is a tad chewed up on the corners if you look close from people parallel parking and stuff.

If they at least left a note and apologized I would be satisfied. I wouldn't even have them pay for any damages.

I've taken out maybe 50% of the marks using some Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I can't do anything about the scratches that removed the paint.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
I was outside the bank on the phone and caught someone else hitting and running on another persons car. The lady was in a suv parked next to a sedan, then turned her wheel full out and started backing out. She backed right into the other cars rear quarter panel. Good thing they came out of the bank right after, I told them what happened and which car, and they took off after the old lady.

Originally Posted by dSpec View Post
Bump.

Some person at work decided to not leave a note after their terrible attempt at parking.

This is the fourth time someone has dinged or crashed into me and not leave a note. Technically probably 10+ times, but those are somewhat minor compared to this.
That looks like surface paint transfer. Are there any sections that are through the paint layers? Give me a pm if you are interested in getting that section corrected.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:33 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Fourth time? Damn, that's some bad luck :/. I guess I should consider myself blessed I've only had 2 major hit and runs since I've owned my car (10 years now). A lot of the damage looks like it could be fixed with a good detail though.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 AM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by <3mywagon View Post
did you get the witness name number? call your insurance place and get comprehensive. wait like 2-3 weeks and call it in. it's shady but if you are desperate its a option.
yeah, good call suggesting insurance fraud - a felony - on a public forum frequented by LEOs.

Wow.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:31 AM

Car Info: wrx wagon 05
sorry about all the damages man i hope it gets all sorted out. not suggesting you do insurance fraud but have you changed your insurance policy yet for any future damages? i know this sounds weird but it was actually cheaper for me to have full coverage then liability on a couple of my past cars, since then ive just kept getting full coverage.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by johndabrit View Post
If it's brand new it prob came from the nearest dodge dealer. I would go report it and inspect all the dodge caravans in that color. Dealer plates are only to be used when a dealer moves the car or test drives. If you can nail them the dealership is responsible and your insurance worries are over
This!

Unless its the paper plate then if the police actually do work they could probably track them down.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2006 OBP STI
Jeez man...Ill be on the look out for a messed up caravan with dealer plates. I effin well hate people on their phones while driving. I honked at a lady in front of me yesterday for not seeing the light was green for like 10 seconds because she had her phone all the way up to her face, then she looked at me like I was stupid.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 04GGB again! and a blue car
Originally Posted by STInavyguy View Post
Jeez man...Ill be on the look out for a messed up caravan with dealer plates. I effin well hate people on their phones while driving. I honked at a lady in front of me yesterday for not seeing the light was green for like 10 seconds because she had her phone all the way up to her face, then she looked at me like I was stupid.
She can look at me stupid all she wants, I will effing honk again. Had something similar happen this morning except she wasn't on the phone, she was just a moron. It isn't like it is a SURPRISE that the light turned green.

PEOPLE are the reason why I have full coverage on all my cars.

Last edited by 04GG; 08-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hit and Run FTL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.