Hi hi from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by Matthias555
Hi Guys!

I've written in NASIOC forum nearly the same, but than sombody pm 'ed me, that in the i-club forum is much more activitiy at Bay Area...

I'm Matthias (member of the German Subaru Impreza GT Club), i live in a city near munich. My car is a 04 WRX, but at the moment it's more a STI than a WRX...

But the cause i write into the Bay Area-Forum is:

I'm form 17 Dez. till 4 Jan. in Sunnyvale for visiting one of my best buddy's (he's working for 6 Month at Symyx Co.) And i wan't to buy a few nice part's in the USA (you have to know, that in Germany Subi's are very rare, and so the parts are very expensive or you don't get something.....!)! Were are good and cheap shops arround Francisco?(for subi parts, of course! )? Or is it better to order it online and ship it to my buddy's housing?! Have you regularly meetings arround there, were i can see nice subarus? Or should i know something else, wich is "good to know" ?

Thanks Greets Matt
Guten Abend Matt! Nett Sie kennezulernen. Wie geht es Ihnen? Ich heisse Jeremy. Ich komme aus San Francisco. You have come to the right place in the U.S. if you like Subaru's! there are many shops around here that can get you any US/Japanese parts you want, and MANY good WRX roads to explore, hit me up when you get here and I'll show you around!
Tschuss
J
Old 12-04-2008, 05:47 AM

Car Info: WRX 04 DCCD ;)
Hi thanks for the nice welcome!

it's true that here is a lot more activity at bay-area....

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Daaammnnn...we are going international here! Welcome dude!

Physical location wise...+1 for GST in Hayward, but I take my car there for whatever work, so I am a little biased there

As far as meets...Freemont Cafe Zen meet tonight, Mountain View Krispy Kream meet on Thursday, San Jose Wingstop meet on Friday, Daly City Starbucks meet on Saturday You got options my friend!!!
Nice man!!!

I will be at a meet, definitly!!! So i will see some guys from this thread there...realy looking forward to this!

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
parts parts blah blah...lets drive...we have maybe 1/10th the cool roads you have...but i want to know what you think of them
That's true, the streets in germany are made for subarus!

Originally Posted by rau
croatia? at least spell it right. and no. wiesbaden, germany
Are you or your dad at the army? I think in wiesbaden is an amry base? or?!

Originally Posted by UberMaus
mein freundin komme aus hamburg

Und ich komme aus Taiwan.... Ni hao!!!

If been in Hamburg half a year, working at the Airbus A380. In my opinion Hamburg ist one of the coolest cities in germany!

Originally Posted by Krinkov
Guten Abend Matt! Nett Sie kennezulernen. Wie geht es Ihnen? Ich heisse Jeremy. Ich komme aus San Francisco. You have come to the right place in the U.S. if you like Subaru's! there are many shops around here that can get you any US/Japanese parts you want, and MANY good WRX roads to explore, hit me up when you get here and I'll show you around!
Tschuss
J
@J Thanks I will hit you when i'm in CA!

Ihr sprecht ein bisschen deutsch, Respekt!!!, ist eine schwere sprache zum lernen!

Hey Matt, got any videos of you driving? or what kind of driving you like?
no videos sry,but i like driving on narrow countryroads arround munic or driving into the alps on nice mountain roads, because in germany you are allowed to drive realy fast (not only on the Autobahn)...and if you are too fast, speeding is not so expenisve...

@ All thanks aggain for the nice welcome "at" Bay Area!
I will enyoy my time in CA!

Greets Matt
Old 12-04-2008, 09:22 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Are you or your dad at the army? I think in wiesbaden is an amry base? or?!
Yeah, we lived on the base there. Both my parents were in the service.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Welcome man!

I was born and raised in Germany, in a town called Crailsheim which is south-east of Frankfurt. Although I was born there, I'm not German by blood, I'm 100% Croatian.

Also, wise choice coming to i-club, this place is much better in terms of how people treat each other... NASIOC is just a flame-fest, all they do is talk smack to each other especially in the OT forum. So yeah, we're not like that at all.. Everyone is treated with respect from the first time they post to the very last post... That is unless you are the one insulting and bashing folks, then we bash and flame back. Its a good system
Old 12-04-2008, 10:31 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
No quote to me?****,haha
Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 AM

@J Thanks I will hit you when i'm in CA!

Ihr sprecht ein bisschen deutsch, Respekt!!!, ist eine schwere sprache zum lernen!
Hallo Matt! Danke fur Der Respekt =) Yeah There are many of good Subaru roads around here you should check out. We're trying to get out to Munich for Oktoberfest next year too so maybe you can show me some of the roads out there too!

Originally Posted by UberMaus
mein freundin komme aus hamburg

Und ich komme aus Taiwan.... Ni hao!!!

ok i leave now
should me "Meine Freundin" actually,

soory just bustin your ***** hehe!

Last edited by Krinkov; 12-05-2008 at 01:08 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by chinabox
No quote to me?****,haha
oh man sry!!!, here u get your quote and if i meet some players from bayern, i will tell them best wishes from u! By the way i'm a Bayern fan, too!

Hallo Matt! Danke fur Der Respekt =) Yeah There are many of good Subaru roads around here you should check out. We're trying to get out to Munich for Oktoberfest next year too so maybe you can show me some of the roads out there too!
Hey cool, of course no prob.! In bavaria are very nice roads......

Matt

Last edited by Matthias555; 12-05-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:26 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by brucelee
Welcome man!

I was born and raised in Germany, in a town called Crailsheim which is south-east of Frankfurt. Although I was born there, I'm not German by blood, I'm 100% Croatian.

Also, wise choice coming to i-club, this place is much better in terms of how people treat each other... NASIOC is just a flame-fest, all they do is talk smack to each other especially in the OT forum. So yeah, we're not like that at all.. Everyone is treated with respect from the first time they post to the very last post... That is unless you are the one insulting and bashing folks, then we bash and flame back. Its a good system
how far from Frankfurt? sounds like we grew up in the same area
Old 12-05-2008, 10:22 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
no videos sry,but i like driving on narrow countryroads arround munic or driving into the alps on nice mountain roads, because in germany you are allowed to drive realy fast (not only on the Autobahn)...and if you are too fast, speeding is not so expenisve...
cool...over hear we (the police) call it wreckless driving, which is ironic because wreck-less, without a wreck is exactly what it is lol. i speed and dont even touch the yellow line...i dont see whats wreckless about that, unless youre a deer.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!

should me "Meine Freundin" actually,

soory just bustin your ***** hehe!
Dude all good. I keep getting grammer all messed up. Still learning lol
Old 12-05-2008, 07:15 PM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
cool...over hear we (the police) call it wreckless driving, which is ironic because wreck-less, without a wreck is exactly what it is lol. i speed and dont even touch the yellow line...i dont see whats wreckless about that, unless youre a deer.
seriously, and if you don't stop immediately they get really REALLY upset! start pointing guns and stuff! cops around here just don't know how to have fun I guess.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:07 AM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
oh man sry!!!, here u get your quote and if i meet some players from bayern, i will tell them best wishes from u! By the way i'm a Bayern fan, too!

Matt
thats ok.I was a fan of all famous clubs,haha

W and BMW and Audi is well-selling in china
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Hey there!

after a 26 hours trip and a lost flight in Atlanta, i'm in Sunnyvale!

Tomorrow we're starting our roundtrip Santa Cruz L.A. Vegas Death-Valley Yosemite Sacramento and than back!

So I think I will join a meeting around the 28th Dez

Today i walked a little bit around and in about 30 minutes i've seen 3 Turbo Subies, for you it's normal, but in germany i don't see so much in a whole month

Matt

Last edited by Matthias555; 12-18-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:26 PM

Car Info: 98 RS, 69 camaro, 02 wrx
Hope you have a fun trip!! And I'm sure you'll see a lot more subies coming your way.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:55 AM

awesome! Just got back from vegas again last week, Belaggio has the best poker room going right now, worth the wait, Texas hold-em is my game. be carefull though some real sharks out there

hit us up when you get back to the bay!

Quick Reply: Hi hi from Germany