Hey you... Yeah you; You're the biggest wuss in history.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Hey you... Yeah you; You're the biggest wuss in history.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...59D0BR20091014
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Work smarter, not harder.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
That was a really good read, thanks for posting it!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:57 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Old 11-05-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: .
Not too surprising. Add the emasculation of men today and we really are a bunch of pussies.

I would be interesting to see what portion of the current population could survive if we were reverted back to hunter gatherer overnight.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Not too surprising. Add the emasculation of men today and we really are a bunch of pussies.

I would be interesting to see what portion of the current population could survive if we were reverted back to hunter gatherer overnight.
1%...maybe.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
1%...maybe.
Agreed. The fatties would be the first to go, then the people that don't own or know how to operate guns right after...

It's sad how fat people are today compared to how people were like a thousand years ago... Not only are they fat but they don't do a damn thing about it and "want people to accept them for who they are". I'm not talking about large framed people who are genetically the way they are, I'm talking about obese people who don't do squat in terms of physical activity, eat like garbage, and sit in a chair all day... I doubt they would survive a week back in cave man days... Unless they learned to use rocks and eat young children that hadn't learned to walk yet, and easy meal... What happens when all the kids run out?

You should have posted this in BAIC, it doesn't belong in the politics forum... So I'm moving it for more exposure.

Last edited by brucelee; 11-05-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM

200 years ago, civilized men shot at each other for perceived insults, and it was socially acceptable. Now instead, we sue each other, road rage, damage property and do other passive-aggressive nonsensensical things like shooting random people instead of taking it out on the ones that the anger is really directed at.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by brucelee
fatties would be the first to go, then the people that don't own or know how to operate guns right after...
actually, i think it would be the skinny emo kids that would be first to go. at least the fatties could live off the extra stored energy.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i want to be a samurai. c'mon solar flair, fry our technology.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Many prehistoric Australian aboriginals could have outrun world 100 and 200 meters record holder Usain Bolt in modern conditions.
prehistoric Australian aboriginals needed to outrun predators, modern man does not.

Some Tutsi men in Rwanda exceeded the current world high jump record of 2.45 meters during initiation ceremonies in which they had to jump at least their own height to progress to manhood.
We invented stairs.

Any Neanderthal woman could have beaten former bodybuilder and current California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in an arm wrestle.
H. neaderthalensis is not in our lineage. Even at the time, the neanderthals were larger than our more gracile ancestors. That obviously did not help them survive though, now did it?

I don't understand the point of this article. We built tools so that we did not need to be as large. Smaller body=less calories burned=less food needed=easier to survive.

I don't see how that'd be relevant. We didn't evolve from hunter gatherers to what we are today overnight.

I'd like to see a hunter gatherer do any of the tasks we do today.

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 11-05-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile

I don't see how that'd be relevant. We didn't evolve from hunter gatherers to what we are today overnight.

I'd like to see a hunter gatherer do any of the tasks we do today.
I'm saying if all of our modern luxuries were stripped from us over night and we had to live off the land using our bare hands. How many would survive.

I'm talking in context of the article, saying man is so far removed from what, historically, made him a man.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:04 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
I agree with you guys about people being stripped from their luxuries... When I had to do my survival training for search and rescue, it was amazing what I didn't know about surviving in harsh environments without all the nice things that we even enjoy in camping.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I'm saying if all of our modern luxuries were stripped from us over night and we had to live off the land using our bare hands. How many would survive.

I'm talking in context of the article, saying man is so far removed from what, historically, made him a man.
What made man man is the creation of tools to require less body mass.

Brain mass > body mass.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
What made man man is the creation of tools to require less body mass.

Brain mass > body mass.
Fine.

You're missing the point, but I don't care nearly enough to argue this.

Quick Reply: Hey you... Yeah you; You're the biggest wuss in history.