Hey is this wrecked STI anyone on here???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:26 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by aboothman
I have seen some decent aluminum hoods on Ebay...one in particular that would run about $300 shipped from Texas if you are interested in a link. I would have bought it already (it is even red like my car is, for now!!) but it is the version 1-4 hood.

Hey Guys, if there is not one already, we should start a GC swap thread for the Norcal guys
I saw a couple and that would totally work but I have had 3 hoods shipped to me, all have shown up destroyed and I was a bit reluctant to ruin a special piece of Subaru parts whilst fetching myself another logistical nightmare. I will take another look though. Would be pretty awesome. My car is agean blue so the color combo will undoubtedly cause some vomiting until I can correct it.

I've been seriously lagging, but planning to start a swap thread for my project at least here pretty soon. Had thought it would be cool to do a "Three Amigo's" type thing for the three of us "J-Kids" that are doing swaps, but they will move at their own pace and I only own one sombrero.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I saw a couple and that would totally work but I have had 3 hoods shipped to me, all have shown up destroyed and I was a bit reluctant to ruin a special piece of Subaru parts whilst fetching myself another logistical nightmare. I will take another look though. Would be pretty awesome. My car is agean blue so the color combo will undoubtedly cause some vomiting until I can correct it.

I've been seriously lagging, but planning to start a swap thread for my project at least here pretty soon. Had thought it would be cool to do a "Three Amigo's" type thing for the three of us "J-Kids" that are doing swaps, but they will move at their own pace and I only own one sombrero.
THere are some things that you say, that I just shouldn't try to understand at 7:30 in the morning.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
THere are some things that you say, that I just shouldn't try to understand at 7:30 in the morning.
Hahaha.. I hear you there, but on a serious note I really do only have one sombrero...

And another huge hole in the plan is clearly Jeremy would have to be Martin Short and I am not sure what he thinks about that..

Old 04-06-2010, 10:25 AM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by wombatsauce

In that case, you might check with a reputable local dealership. Mine can get me the hood, they pay shipping, and take responsibility for any damages that occur in transit...not to mention it would be new That is for a V5-6 hood though...

I may just end up with an OBS or RS hood until I can justify the cost of a aluminum hood.

We should definately get a Norcal swap thread going though for this kind of discussion...if not on I-club then on Norcal Subies. Maybe I will fire one up and see if there is enough interest to keep it going. A personal journal will follow of course!!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 AM
VIP Member

I emailed that eBay seller, they have two hoods I like. We'll see. If it's over $300 I am not going to do it. I would pay that much because any other hood I find here will also require me changing the grille and headlights which I would do, but just changing the hood would obviously be easier.

Where do you do a journal? I looked around but apparently not enough.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:16 PM

Car Info: Fast
I am speaking of Jhot Imports out of Texas. They have a red v1-4 hood right now for $200 and they quoted me $85-100 to ship it here. I was thinking of getting it and doing a grille/headlight swap on my 98L (opposite your plans) but as I said I have other priorities right now.

I think there is a special forum on here for Member Journals.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Wow those are my old Morettes! I know that car as we converted the front end on it ages ago!.

Mike
You mean my old Morettes since I bought your HID ones and swapped them out in the parking lot of the old gbmotorsports/mpjperformance shop.

And to answer the question about the no high beam, I think the reasoning was because the car was becoming a track car and didn't need highbeams.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by aboothman
I am speaking of Jhot Imports out of Texas. They have a red v1-4 hood right now for $200 and they quoted me $85-100 to ship it here. I was thinking of getting it and doing a grille/headlight swap on my 98L (opposite your plans) but as I said I have other priorities right now.

I think there is a special forum on here for Member Journals.
Yes, the red one with the black vents and scoop. JHot out of Denton, TX is the one I contacted - they also have another one on there. I emailed them about both of them - if they come back with a quote like that I would do it. Just would be so very sad if this too showed up with corners folded over... So sad.

If you end up doing something like that I would buy your stuff from you or swap for whatever of mine you wanted. Mine is a '95 L so that would probably just be the headlight housings haha.. My purposes are simple - I either need a new hood or a new bumper for an intercooler. Don't really care how it happens really. I would prefer a TMIC at this point mostly because I have two of them.

I'll look harder for the Journal. I wanted to set one up pretty soon.

Just heard back from them. $400 to my door so yeah, forget that. Just like last time 'cept then I lived in San Carlos and now in HMB. I do not see one of these hoods in my future. That's the thing with this stuff, not sure how people get it unless they really pay that much. Would love to have a V1-4 front end but I just do not think it's worth over $1,000 for a beat up hood and bumper.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 04-06-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: JHot just got back to me.