help w/ good eastbay paint shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 07:50 AM

Car Info: fxt
help w/ good eastbay paint shop

well, my java black pearl forester XT got beat up the other day on the freeway by a big a$$ piece of carpet (the ROUGH BOTTOM side of the carpet to be exact). My bumper got he worst of it, and the hood came out with some nasty surface scratches and one of my Work wheels got tagged on the edge after running over the carpet. I might try to find a good detailer to buff out the hood, but I definitely need to have the bumper done. I've searched the forum for paint shops, but havent come up with a solid recommendation for a quality shop here in the eastbay, or out of the eastbay if the shop can do good work.

Any recommendations of where to or NOT to go would be helpful. Thanks.

ant
Old 07-05-2005, 08:12 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
PanelCraft in berkeley or H&H Auto Collision in Oakland.

PanelCraft is quite pricey though
Old 07-05-2005, 09:20 AM
diz

Car Info: 04 sti / 02 wrx / 01 cbr600 f4i
dreams autoworks in oakland. i bapped my rear bumper pretty badly on norris canyon last summer so i needed a replacement. i bought a used aspen white rear bumper from another i-club member and just had it repainted (my car is PSM) and mounted by joeby at dreams. the paint matches beautifully and the bumper still looks like new. a friend of mine also got his integra jdm front end conversion painted there and it came out awesome.

pics of the jdm conversion job:
http://www.hella-low.com/chan.htm

joeby does some really great quality work at a price that'll beat most body shops in the east bay. let me know if you wanna give em a shot i may be able to get you a deal.

-marc
Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 AM

Car Info: fxt
Originally Posted by diz
dreams autoworks in oakland. i bapped my rear bumper pretty badly on norris canyon last summer so i needed a replacement. i bought a used aspen white rear bumper from another i-club member and just had it repainted (my car is PSM) and mounted by joeby at dreams. the paint matches beautifully and the bumper still looks like new. a friend of mine also got his integra jdm front end conversion painted there and it came out awesome.

pics of the jdm conversion job:
http://www.hella-low.com/chan.htm

joeby does some really great quality work at a price that'll beat most body shops in the east bay. let me know if you wanna give em a shot i may be able to get you a deal.

-marc
hey marc, where in the O are they located. I'm actually from oakland. I'll definitely go check them out for a quote at least. I'm going to pay cash unless it's a grip, then I might go thru insurance($500 deductible). Thanks man.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:59 PM
diz

Car Info: 04 sti / 02 wrx / 01 cbr600 f4i
hey i think i remember you i bought an APS bov from you before we met up right by my friend's car wash (high street). anyways, pm sent
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 PM

H & H located in oakland always does great work.. dreams autoworks is a pretty good shop but they always take forever and two months to finish anything.. a couple of my friends have got their cars bodywork done there
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
if you go to dreams tell jobey or however you spell his name haha forgot that simon sent you or if you go to h&h tell raymond simon sent you haha.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:42 PM

kspek gave them good head.. you should expect a big discount! =D