Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp! Pleaaaaaase! America!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT and 06 WRX TR
Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp! Pleaaaaaase! America!!!!!

Good morning everybody!

Is there anyone out there with jackstands and tools so I can adjust my coilovers? Its too low for my taste and would like to have a bit more height on all sides. I have no idea what the hell im doing though..... so any advice would be greatly appreciated. The shop that installed it is closed for the weekend and would like to get the height issue situated.

Coilovers:
Intrax PRO-FLEX coilovers, currently have a 1 finger gap in the rear and slightly higher in the front. I believe I have the saggy butt syndrome.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Coaching is also needed for I have no idea on how to measure the coilovers. I dont have the caliper measuring flux capacitor tool. PLEASE! someone saaaaaaaaaaaaaaave my django!

Last edited by 04FXTURBO; 03-16-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 AM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
where are you located exactly?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by esousa22
where are you located exactly?
in SSF, no tools or room to do it on. the POPOs and the homeowners dont approve of working on cars in our street.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:02 AM

You should take it to a shop. When you raise it up you HAVE to get an alignment and it is also highly recommended that you do corner balancing as well. Go to a shop that does both. Corner balancing is when they have each wheel on a different scale and balance everything out proportionally
Old 03-16-2013, 11:08 AM

You should take it to a shop. When you raise it up you HAVE to get an alignment and it is also highly recommended that you do corner balancing as well. Go to a shop that does both. Corner balancing is when they have each wheel on a different scale and balance everything out proportionally
Any recommended shops near me that u know of, that is open on saturday? I am willing to pay for the labor, its availability that concerns me.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:11 AM

Go through this thread and pick where you'd like. Took me literally 10 seconds. Opened google, typed corner balancing San Francisco and viola!
Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Call up Auto Innovations in Milpitas.

If nothing The Shop in San Bruno can also.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
If you are not tracking your car and measuring everything to the exact weight etc. there is no need to corner balance a daily driver. It's way overkill and a waste of money.

Corner balancing will often result in each corner being slightly different heights and will not solve the cosmetic issue he is talking about.

Adjust your height, measure it, then take it to get an alignment. More then likely if you are just adjusting it a small bit there shouldn't be much to do on the alignment side.

Motorsports Techniques in Hayward does awesome alignments and are open from 10-6 on Saturdays.

http://www.e-motorsport.com/index.htm
Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by apetron
If you are not tracking your car and measuring everything to the exact weight etc. there is no need to corner balance a daily driver. It's way overkill and a waste of money.

Corner balancing will often result in each corner being slightly different heights and will not solve the cosmetic issue he is talking about.

Car Parts, Car Accessories, and Auto Repair - Motorsport Techniques
The same could be said for coilovers on a street car.

The corners will NOT be at heights different enough to notice with the eyes...unless you have bigger issues.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I highly recommend Adam at Edge Motorsports in Mountain View!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by apetron

Adjust your height, measure it, then take it to get an alignment. More then likely if you are just adjusting it a small bit there shouldn't be much to do on the alignment side.

Motorsports Techniques in Hayward does awesome alignments and are open from 10-6 on Saturdays.

Car Parts, Car Accessories, and Auto Repair - Motorsport Techniques
Oh okay, cool! Thanks for that! So OP. What I did, is what apetron said. I made a nice visible scratch on the collars of the locking collar and the collar that the spring sits on and counted them accordingly. I think I'm 35 from the bottom on both the fronts and 40 on both the rears. Just set them to your desired height and make sure the fronts match and the rears match. I didnt make all 4 match because the fact that the stance on an OEM wrx, the front is slightly higher. I tried to match that stance but a little lower equally
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 PM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by aboothman
The same could be said for coilovers on a street car.

The corners will NOT be at heights different enough to notice with the eyes...unless you have bigger issues.
Of course. I more so meant that taking it in to be corner balanced wouldnt solve his rear height issue.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:03 PM

Car Info: WRB Wagon
Don't worry too much about the slightly lower rear Al it's probably the correct height and you're just noticing the little bit of extra travel on the front(which is how it should be)

i used to question my wagons stance on the swifts sometimes but realized the front is just supposed to have slightly more travel by design, as for adjusting the coils tho I'm clueless
Old 03-16-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by RAWeiss
Don't worry too much about the slightly lower rear Al it's probably the correct height and you're just noticing the little bit of extra travel on the front(which is how it should be)

i used to question my wagons stance on the swifts sometimes but realized the front is just supposed to have slightly more travel by design, as for adjusting the coils tho I'm clueless
I think i may be trippin.... the ride quality is great, wasnt as stiff as i thought.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 99 Swap'd GM6
Originally Posted by Heedz
Call up Auto Innovations in Milpitas.

If nothing The Shop in San Bruno can also.
I'm with Heedz. They did my initial alignment after my coilover install, and then again after my end links, sway bars, and later links and coilover adjustment screwed with everything.

They do quality work or a reasonable price. Nice guys, too!

Quick Reply: Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp! Pleaaaaaase! America!!!!!