Head Gasket? Im not sure, please help me figure out

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 02:14 PM

Car Info: 2016 Sti
Head Gasket? Im not sure, please help me figure out

hey guys, very sad lately due to that from what ive heard it sounds like a head gasket issue with my 2003 wrx. so heres the big question: if from what it looks like does coolant mixing with the oil ("muddy oil") mean 100% forsure that it is a blown head gasket or can that mean something else? because the car over heated when it first happened, but only due to no coolant going through so the hot gauge just shot straight up, the car wasnt smoking or anything or didnt even seem like was producing extreme temps coming from the engine when i leaned over it.

also, right when this happened i was doing normal speeds on the freeway, and then my hot gauge just shot straight up, then i pulled over and looked at my engine checked all the hoses that could have been leaking, even the main thermostat hose, everything was fine, then i looked underneath the car and i saw coolant dripping from underneath the engine.

so, from what you guys have heard about my case what do you guys think??? does this mean a blown head gasket forsure? or could it be something that i dont even know about im very curious because if it is a head gasket that means i have to sell my car (((((

thanks guys, and please if you know a anything about this i will much appreciate the feedback, thank you very much.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
It's VERY likely a head gasket. While it's a PITA, frankly it's the option you want. The other way that oil mixes with water en masse is a cracked piston.
Old 10-24-2017, 01:40 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Yes, based on what you said it is very likely to be head gasket. All the symptoms point to that.