Gunfight: You're doing it wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 03:43 PM

Car Info: Hybwid Bugeye on corn juice :)
High speed soldier right there... All he wanted was his CIB lol. Least the description said he survived.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I could see someone panicking under fire and doing dumb stuff... but generally that would involve running away from the firefight.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by irrational x
wtf is this guy doing?
Moving out & drawing fire.

Originally Posted by Lurk
Ignoring the most basic infantry tactics and being a liability to his squad.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Blazingbuda40
why did he move down towards the gunfire?
Because he's INFANTRY...it's what we do.

Originally Posted by DSav408
What an idiot. I feel like this guy is one of those, I'm completely invincible ones.
How much combat have you seen in your life?
Once the bullets start flying, the heart starts starts racing, and when tunnel vision kicks in, people can do silly stuff.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:05 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by FW Motorsports
How much combat have you seen in your life? Once the bullets start flying, the heart starts starts racing, and when tunnel vision kicks in, people can do silly stuff.
A dead squad mate doesn't help as much as a live one, even if he did draw fire. This is a video game tactic, not one to be used in real life, regardless of adrenaline.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
But then again, havent most of the highest ranking medals given out to guys who survived doing extremely dangerous/dumb ****?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by 04GG
A dead squad mate doesn't help as much as a live one, even if he did draw fire. This is a video game tactic, not one to be used in real life, regardless of adrenaline.
Agreed...more shooters on your side the better.
However, there is information not know by us. In reading his comments, I kinda understand why he did what he did when he did it.
Video doesn't show 5 to 10 minutes before or after, so we don't know.

I do know that when pinned down, being ambushed, you DO SOMETHING.
Right, wrong, DO SOMETHING, assault, shoot, kill.

In this case, however "wrong/stupid/idiotic" his actions were, they were correct as he lived to tell the tale.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by w0ng3r
But then again, havent most of the highest ranking medals given out to guys who survived doing extremely dangerous/dumb ****?
Yes, but sometimes posthumously. A dead hero is still a hero.

Originally Posted by FW Motorsports
In this case, however "wrong/stupid/idiotic" his actions were, they were correct as he lived to tell the tale.
I was going to say that too Crazy and foolish yes, but I guess it worked out; and sometimes it does. It says they were firing 7.62 also. I would have expected that to go through body armor even at distance, and it says he got hit IN THE HELMET (you can hear him react). Lucky to be alive. Actually not saying what he did was wrong or right, but at the very least, it was pretty dangerous and ill advised and he almost paid the price for it.

Last edited by 04GG; 10-01-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM

Car Info: 07 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by YFZ450Lynx
Brought back memory of those kids throwing rocks at you?
LOL those afghan kids definitely know how to throw a rock. little bastardss have a pretty good arm
Old 10-01-2012, 08:38 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
This was posted on another forum by a soldier in the same unit as the guy in the video.

I have a huge favor to ask. Please remove this video. This person was in my unit and he is 1) making a bad name for our Company and Battalion. 2) He is lying his *** off about what happened and it is unfair to the guys that were exposed to fire because he wanted to get his CIB to have to see him made out to be a hero. Every man in that element that day knows what happened and I can tell you right now - He was not hit 4 times, he only got scratches. Posting videos that make people like him out to be a hero when he is sitting in Colorado because he pussed out after this incident; which can hardly rank in the top 25 of what we have gone through out here this deployment is absurd and embarassing. I can not think of a bigger insult to the MEN here who have been TRULY WOUNDED and are still fighting. Please from one NCO (who cares about his men) to another, remove this garbage.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:24 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Originally Posted by Lurk
This was posted on another forum by a soldier in the same unit as the guy in the video.
I didn't see anything in the video that would suggest this guy is any kind of hero.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
i only watched the video once. He may have been going down to get to what looked like cover from the angle he was at. Once he gets there its pretty obvious that there is no cover as he takes a few hot ones. He must have some kind of cover near by because he was audibly alerting them rather than using his radio.

My personal belief is as soon as you enter a war zone you have more ***** than most of us. Heroism is open to interpretation.