Got Tint Ticket: Help me sign it off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:38 AM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Woah, 184... you got ripped off. But I agree. There are many more major problems than going after someone with tint. Cops have to make "Personal goals," so a few bucks helps them out I guess.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 AM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
And you have to pay to play.. If you want to go toss illegal tint on your car - be prepared for tickets..

But it IS a safety thing - and you cannot make an argument that it isn't..

Example.

Try backing out of your driveway during the pre-sunrise dawn.. It takes most idiots with manual lights a few blocks to realize "oh - its still dark - lemme turn my headlights on"..

Now you with your uber tint can't see invisible - unlit car in the dark - bam.. Your fault..

Etc.. etc.. etc.. etc... etc...
Old 03-10-2011, 10:38 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
i love backing out of my drive way at night with 5% tint in the rear . Cant see anything lol
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Heedz
you calling me a moron?
I'll just say right now.. I am pretty much a moron.

Originally Posted by Bouncer
And you have to pay to play.. If you want to go toss illegal tint on your car - be prepared for tickets..

But it IS a safety thing - and you cannot make an argument that it isn't..

Example.

Try backing out of your driveway during the pre-sunrise dawn.. It takes most idiots with manual lights a few blocks to realize "oh - its still dark - lemme turn my headlights on"..

Now you with your uber tint can't see invisible - unlit car in the dark - bam.. Your fault..

Etc.. etc.. etc.. etc... etc...
I have had cars with window tint in the Bay Area since 1997 and never gotten a tint ticket, so your experiences may vary. The 1998 2.5RS I bought is my 44th car. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the areas we travel in or habits. I pretty much always drive with my lights on in the interest of being visible and not getting driven into (which is a valid concern living out at the coast).
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Krinkov
"Hey guys!, I know some of you here are LEOs or know someone who is and you dont know who the hell I am or have any reason to trust me, but would any of you help me break the law and put your/their jobs in jeopardy for no reason whatsoever so I can save eighty bucks or go through the hassle of removing my tint and getting it signed off myself?? kthxbi!"

fixed that for you.
Originally Posted by omardiaz801
I am quite aware of what I am asking for, it is a simple request, I know its a long shot with all the risks involved. So if you are not going to be of any help you can go ahead, and keep comments like that to yourself. A simple "no" or "that is asking too much" would have been fine. In laymen terms, you take smart *** of the day award, emphasis on the *** portion.

Good day.
Omar, I would keep the Mod sass to a minimum. We don't need Krinkov warming up the hammer....
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Talking

Originally Posted by steeze
That's just like saying people who are hella flush are morons.
But I thought they were

-Brian
Old 03-10-2011, 11:30 AM

Car Info: 7 Series "Sport"
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I'll just say right now.. I am pretty much a moron.

I have had cars with window tint in the Bay Area since 1997 and never gotten a tint ticket, so your experiences may vary. The 1998 2.5RS I bought is my 44th car. I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the areas we travel in or habits. I pretty much always drive with my lights on in the interest of being visible and not getting driven into (which is a valid concern living out at the coast).
I'm sure it does depend on location and also amount of tint (and where - tint in the rear windows/doors is perfectly legal).

I had a friend in Modesto / Stockton (lived/worked) who picked up 9 tickets in about 2 months.. (He just paid them off as he got them) Although he was 5% all around and 20% on his windshield. (he WAS a bit of a moron) Riding in that car at night was a little on the insane side.. You could see lights and headlights - a vague impression of where the road was, but it was DARK..

One officer even threatened to tow him after issuing him a second citation.

Last edited by Bouncer; 03-10-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
At least he is doing it right!

Old 03-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax

That's when dark tint is really useful
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
parking? i put that **** in drive
Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 PM

Car Info: '00 S2K, '10 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
Originally Posted by Teagleye
125 to NOT fix it.
25 to fix it.

So I remove the tint myself for free...
Pay the 25 dollar fine.
Turn right around and pay 50 dollars to have tint put back on.
75 bucks is total cost.
125-75 IS!?!?! A magical 50 bucks of savings.

I just received a tint ticket as well for my car. I couldn't help but laugh afterwards. How stupid is that ticket when the officer knows full well that people like me will just give them there puny 25 dollars and then turn right back around and put on tint. I guess 25 dollars multiplied by a couple million might make them a little bit of money. Seems to me they should be looking for major offenders of the law... Not people with window tint.
How about i save you another $50 bucks. Take the badge #, VC codes, and his signature and copy it over to the courtesy notice then turn it in to the clerk. It's like a cop give u a tix and u peel it off in front of him so then he has to sign it it off. I had to do that for some BULL**** tixs awhile back.(license plate, tint, small sticker on windshield)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by luckistryke
How about i save you another $50 bucks. Take the badge #, VC codes, and his signature and copy it over to the courtesy notice then turn it in to the clerk. It's like a cop give u a tix and u peel it off in front of him so then he has to sign it it off. I had to do that for some BULL**** tixs awhile back.(license plate, tint, small sticker on windshield)
Sounds like a great way to upgrade your infraction from a ticket to something criminal.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI 2006
Originally Posted by rau
Omar, I would keep the Mod sass to a minimum. We don't need Krinkov warming up the hammer....
oh no...whatever you say big bossman ill just keep to myself, I mean thats what forums are for.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I'm starting to see some real generation gap issues in this thread, although not to the desired degree of amusement.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Hey man ill sign it! I'm not an officer but I can sign your ticket lol

Quick Reply: Got Tint Ticket: Help me sign it off?