Got Tint Ticket: Help me sign it off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI 2006
Originally Posted by bobb126
And finishin' them.

Unless someone close to you is in the force, I don't recommend trying to ask everyone for help, it always ends bad.
Got it. /EndThread
Old 03-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by omardiaz801
Waddup Heeeeeeedz, naw I dont know anyone lol. You are going to jinx your ****, and get a ticket soon watch.

Its ok I went home for lunch, and got my neighbors cop buddy that he was chatting with outside to sign it without even getting out of his car to look at my car :]
its once a year from my negligence that ill get a ticket soooo suck it.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
the last person i "helped" screwed me. good luck with that.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:54 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Paul@dbtuned
End well this will not.
I don't know, it could turn out funny.

Originally Posted by Heedz
its once a year from my negligence that ill get a ticket soooo suck it.
Coming from HI, tint is pretty much a necessary part like your wheels and stuff. I used to install tint for people in high school and most people wanted me to do one layer of mirror and then back it with limo - stuff like that. I used to rock the blackest of the black tint on nearly all my cars (I think Vince @ Omega has tinted 12 cars for me now haha) but don't anymore. My first one was a car I bought in '99 and had all the windows and the windshield done - never even got bothered in that car (black '97 WS6 T/A w/ all black windows). My WRX was all around but faded to lighter in the front. I just sold my wife's 2009 Honda Fit which had solid black tint all around. I dunno, I have a friend who got tint tickets all the time but in 12 or so years of having retarded dark tint - I never got one ticket. I can say that now since I don't have cars with tinted windows anymore. Well, I have tint in the '98 coupe I bought but I also have 2x sets of clear coupe windows sooooooo... Haha.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by nation
the last person i "helped" screwed me. good luck with that.
Nice. How can someone do that? By just being irresponsible or something? PM an answer if you like.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:08 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
simple. its one thing to help someone with a rather bull**** ticket(IE tint) but its a whole other situation when you get pulled over for driving like an *** and the officer gets tired of your attitude and starts writing you tickets for exhaust,intake ect. THEN you tell the cop not only are you NOT going to change anything back but you drop the name of the person who helped and tell the cop that this person is your friend and will make it go away,sign it off.

yah,i was PISSED.

as for tint,i think a little tint is a good thing. its the morons who black out their car and put tint on their windshield that screws it up for everyone else.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 PM

Car Info: 2002 BRP 2.5RS
Name dropping FTL. Thats sucks when you help someone out and they abuse it and then burn that bridge. Sorry to hear that Nation. Unfortunately people can't just be grateful, they gotta milk it!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
VIP Member

simple. its one thing to help someone with a rather bull**** ticket(IE tint) but its a whole other situation when you get pulled over for driving like an *** and the officer gets tired of your attitude and starts writing you tickets for exhaust,intake ect. THEN you tell the cop not only are you NOT going to change anything back but you drop the name of the person who helped and tell the cop that this person is your friend and will make it go away,sign it off.

yah,i was PISSED.

as for tint,i think a little tint is a good thing. its the morons who black out their car and put tint on their windshield that screws it up for everyone else.
Wow, that is some stupid **** for sure. I agree with the tint, and I have been pulled over (many many times before 2005 haha) with the tint on the windows but since they are all down, lights on, keys on the dash and hands on the wheel before the officer gets to my car, maybe that is why I have had no issues.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
I got a no front plate fix-it and went to the CHP office to sign it off. The officer didn't move from behind the counter, looked through the window at an old Camry, made the smart-*** comment "See you soon for the tint on your car," and signed it off. He never even looked at my car because it wasn't possible to see it through the window.

Try going to a CHP office and hope the officer doesn't care?

Oh yeah, some police stations charge to sign off a fix-it ticket. I think my local one said they charge $18! CHP does not charge.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:23 PM

you calling me a moron?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Omar i like ivan's idea lol plexiglass
Old 03-09-2011, 11:36 PM

Car Info: Subaru STI 2006
The plexi-glass Idea takes a little more ingenuity then what it sounds like. Plexi-glass doesn't exactly come good to go for you to just place on your door. and since we have frame less windows its a bit harder.

As for the name dropping, that was a bull**** move. A cop helped me sign it off near my neighborhood and he didn't even look at my car (my tint is still on), then I proceded to give him my business card (I do IT work) and told him if he needs anything to just give me a call. I have to at least try and give some of my expertise since he helped me with his.

I try to roll down my windows as much as possible when PD passes by, but that night it just so happen to be pouring...
Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 PM

exactly just roll them down. i dunno how its moronic to have tint.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
He saying it was dumb for people to have tint on their windshields, not windows.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
He saying it was dumb for people to have tint on their windshields, not windows.
im pretty sure it reads. black out their cars and tint their windshields. the word AND

Quick Reply: Got Tint Ticket: Help me sign it off?