PR: Takata/LIC Motorsports RTA Season Opener

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: MY04 STi some call it a race car
PR: Takata/LIC Motorsports RTA Season Opener

March 27-28th 2010

Redline Time Attack recently hosted their season opener at Buttonwillow Raceway Park, and LIC Motorsports was there to debut the Takata Time Attack Impreza. Adam, Noah, and the rest of the LIC Motorsports crew were proud to debut the car as the 2 months preceding the event were consumed with long hours to prepare the car. The last week was a carefully orchestrated plan including a trip to Cobb Tuning Surgeline for dyno tuning, graphics application by Creatis Group, and little sleep for Adam and Noah.

"Because of our tight schedule, James did not have an opportunity to test the car prior to the event" said LIC Motorsports manager Noah Levy. "We were impressed by how quickly James adapted to the car and was running fast laps.

In Saturday's testing James steadily improved in times with each session as adjustments were made. Modifed AWD was shaping up to be one of the most competitive classes at the event with talented competitors such as Brian Lock, JC Meynet, Nils Leufvens, and 2009 Season Champion Ryan Gates. Unfortunately Meynet and Gates did not make the starting line on Sunday as their cars suffered failures prior to the Time Attack. In Sunday's Time Attack James managed the sneak past Nils in the final session to capture 2nd place by mere tenths of a second, while Brian Lock in the Cobb Tuning GTR took the win.

The event had a spectacular conclusion for Takata Time Attack in the Super Session as the fastest cars at the event lined up for a 5 lap wheel-to-wheel sprint race. With the Super Modified cars opting not to compete, the front line consisted of Brian Lock and James Elterman in row 1, with 6 cars behind them. As the green flag dropped, Brian's Cobb GTR leaped to secure first. On lap two, Brian went too deep into turn 1 allowing James to sneak past on the inside. James was not able to pull away from the GTR and Brian once again reclaimed the lead on the front straight on the start of lap 3. Brian began to pull away from James and had a good lead until a mechanical failure forced him to retire on lap 4. James reclaimed the 1st position and retained it to the checked flag! This marks the first Super Session win for Takata Time Attack and James Elterman. The bonus points accrued in the Super Session put Takata Time Attack on top of the Modified AWD class after Event 1.

"I am very grateful for the hard work the LIC Motorsports crew put into preparing the car" said driver James Elterman. "Their efforts clearly paid off as we had one of the most reliable cars at the track. I have never experienced the shakedown of a new car that went so well. We have some minor hurdles to overcome, but I am confident that we soon will and I expect us to be a front runner all year. Thanks to all of the friends of Takata Time Attack and LIC Motorsports who came out to the event to support us"

Thanks to our sponsors:

Takata / LIC Motorsports / Nitto / COBB / Wheeldude / Seibon / JE Pistons

Some Images from the event:

*Photo Credits Gabriel Zavala and Joseph Soriano

More images HERE

-Noah

Last edited by LICmotorsports; 03-31-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:28 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Damn that thing is a beast.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
Noah's a star!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Nice grass-eating FMIC
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Former Sponsor

oh yeah it went off roading for a bit

-Noah
Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Congrats on the win! Any word on when the radiator/oil cooler will go on sale?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 PM

Car Info: WRX
Congrats! Car looks good and nice choice on the number. Same number I have used for years!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Radiator/Oil Cooler is for sale now (we wanted to wait until we tested it in race application).

I have those figures released on our Time Attack Thread in the LIC Motorsports Forum.

thanks for the kind words guys...we appreciate it very much.

-Noah
Old 03-31-2010, 09:39 PM

Car Info: 07 STi Limited #359 UGM
awesome job guys! Looking forward to see the season unfold!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Huge thanks to our crew and Gabe our photographer, as well as Subydude for taking some truly amazing pictures

-Noah
Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
It was a pleasure to watch you guys work last weekend...completely cool & reliable. I'm praying for a radiator failure on my car so I can put in one of your custom radiator setups

Good job LIC.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks Glen!

we are pretty stoked on the custom radiator/oil cooler we designed....it really is great to see a vision/idea of so many months come to life and actually work beyond expectations.

-Noah
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Car looks great. Can't wait to see it with the new wheels.

Congrats on the results. It's pretty remarkable what you guys have accomplished in such a short time. Also wanted to say... big respects for the way you guys are handling this. It speaks miles to me (and I'm sure I'm not alone) how often and how thoroughly you cover the events from your perspective. It helps raise awareness for time attack right along with LIC. It's not easy to run a shop, put together a race car and take the time to post up these updates along with constant updates on the car build thread.

Not to mention keep your families happy.

Big props to LIC.

keep it up. good luck the rest of the season.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor

thank you very much...you really hit the nail on the head with every single statement you just made.

I can only hope we continue to do our best and always please our customers, as that's what it's all about if you ask me. Luckily we have had a great deal of support from our customers and this makes things much easier, as being a self employed business owner is a challenge within itself. Add in the daily requirements of just trying to make a living, feed our families, all while smiling and enjoying life ourselves. Our families are very supportive....Kind of, ha ha. I can't blame them, we just spent 2 months straight in our shop working on this car and getting it dialed for this first event, luckily it panned our for us on this particular day and it wasn't all for nothing. You win some, you lose some...and we will fit that category as well.

only 3 weeks until next event

-Noah
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
only 3 weeks until next event

-Noah
Ummm 9 days no????

Congrats the car looked awesome out there mate!

Mike

Quick Reply: PR: Takata/LIC Motorsports RTA Season Opener