Good place to get an alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 12:32 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Chenstah
Hey guys, so I'm need over an alignment but I'm completely stock so I I'm just looking for a factory alignment. My choices so far are either got to Capitol subaru, Speedelement, or edge motor works. Should I go to one of these places or would you guys recommend else where since I'm just looking for factory specs?

I'm located in San Jose so I would prefer not to drive too far if possible.

Thanks,
Randy
Firestone for factory specs.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:30 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
Originally Posted by Slide
Well as usual the guys at rbms were awesome!

Went from there to Motorsport techniques for an alignment and corner balance. They have a hunter hawk lazer I believe. After about two hours they come back an tell me that one of their scales is reading improperly and they can't do the corner balance.

My bs meter pegged. I don't think they have a guy there anymore who knows how to do it. They just gave me a regular alignment and then I was out the door.

Went back to rbms for a couple things and found that MT did not tighten any of the lock bolts on the rear cusco suspension pieces...

Great...

So I give them a total thumbs down. I do not recommend Motorsport techniques at all.
That is completely out of the norm for those guys. If Jack wasn't there that day then maybe that was the issue. MT has aligned a bunch of iclubbers and large portion of the folks I autocross with and we have had no issues.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 2013 STI Hatch
Yeah. Well, I'm pretty disappointed in them that they would send a car away loose like that.

I have also since checked how they did the front. It's all jacked up. Camber is not what the print out reads, I can tell that just from tire wear from a couple days driving and foot print marks after driving up my driveway after the sprinklers were on. Left frnt has tons of camber, waaaay too much. That would help explain the humming coming from that corner.

I'll be getting another alignment soon, not from them...
Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Yeah. Well, I'm pretty disappointed in them that they would send a car away loose like that.

I have also since checked how they did the front. It's all jacked up. Camber is not what the print out reads, I can tell that just from tire wear from a couple days driving and foot print marks after driving up my driveway after the sprinklers were on. Left frnt has tons of camber, waaaay too much. That would help explain the humming coming from that corner.

I'll be getting another alignment soon, not from them...
Roger kraus... And tell them EVERYTHING aftermarket that could affect your suspension and you'll have a good alignment. They have a file on me that tells them what I have and my set measurements.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Well as usual the guys at rbms were awesome!

Went from there to Motorsport techniques for an alignment and corner balance. They have a hunter hawk lazer I believe. After about two hours they come back an tell me that one of their scales is reading improperly and they can't do the corner balance.

My bs meter pegged. I don't think they have a guy there anymore who knows how to do it. They just gave me a regular alignment and then I was out the door.

Went back to rbms for a couple things and found that MT did not tighten any of the lock bolts on the rear cusco suspension pieces...

Great...

So I give them a total thumbs down. I do not recommend Motorsport techniques at all.
Sorry to hear about the bolts, that's super unlike Jack and the crew. I've had nothing but awesome service there.

Their scales are new, and I was one of the first to get my alignment scheduled. They called to say it wasn't working and needed to be replaced. So I got rescheduled and dropped the car off friday night, dropped my key and instructions in to the mail slot at the back door. Went on my mini vacation and came back saturday afternoon and picked up the cars with no issues.

Totally hassle free overall. I think their scale must really be having some new issue. I wouldn't discount them for that. For the bolts issue, sure, but even then gotta be a honest miss by them. I'm sorry is happened though.

On that note... need to call them to get my car back there before the big race in June. Feel like the alignment is off a little