Good place in the east bay that does hydro-dipping?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 01:11 PM

I'd be interested in getting my fuse box cover in the engine bay done.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Mays25
No sorry our websit is down for now but that's just for screen printing shirts. i just started this 3 months ago on and off on cuz i been busy. i do this on a weekends or after work. i'll get the price soon and post it on here. try going to LWG screen printer on facebook some of the photo's are up there too. ill try taking more pictures for you guys.
Please do,

I would be interested in having a number of interior parts done (all smaller parts) along with a few parts in the engine bay (Fuse cover, etc)
Old 02-22-2014, 02:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by Overbear
Perhaps you can suggest to her, to come on here, talk to us about her product,
then she would have to be a vendor tho... keep her away

Originally Posted by MarvZz

i don't mind asking her to, but i feel like that would violate the vendors policy since she would basically be promoting without being a i-club vendor.. any mods wanna input?
yup she should stay as "word of mouth" and be contacted that way until she is big enough to be able to afford supporting the site.

Mays25 love what your doing and want many parts done myself but please dont get banned and think of us all as bad people cause we are not keep up the good work and hope to do business with you soon

Last edited by zumnwrx; 02-22-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:36 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
then she would have to be a vendor tho... keep her away

yup she should stay as "word of mouth" and be contacted that way until she is big enough to be able to afford supporting the site.

Mays25 love what your doing and want many parts done myself but please dont get banned and think of us all as bad people cause we are not keep up the good work and hope to do business with you soon
I have looked at the vendor rules, so long as she does not start her own threads, or "pimp" herself out. There is no violation of the rules as they are written.

I think as long as she stays to answering our questions she should be fine.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx
Hi everyone, MarvZz had told me to sign in on here. iam trying to post a photo of the carbon fiber that i did on a 86 fender. but i dont know how sorry.
Here's the pic Mays25 was trying to post.

Good place in the east bay that does hydro-dipping?-image-999804300.jpg
Old 02-22-2014, 08:14 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Originally Posted by MarvZz
Here's the pic Mays25 was trying to post.

Attachment 86882
thanks MarvZz

and thanks everyone i will try my best to answers all the questions.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:26 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
What kind of designs are you able to do? I want to change the color of my interior trim, but not carbon fiber. Perhaps piano black...
Old 02-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZeR0
What kind of designs are you able to do? I want to change the color of my interior trim, but not carbon fiber. Perhaps piano black...
Hi Zero i'll try and see if i could order that. i just go by what people want and if they have it i order them. then i do a demo for them and see how they like it befor doing the real thing.

Last edited by Mays25; 02-22-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
I have looked at the vendor rules, so long as she does not start her own threads, or "pimp" herself out. There is no violation of the rules as they are written.

I think as long as she stays to answering our questions she should be fine.
Thanks zumnwrx i email ya back, i dont know if you got it.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:59 PM

Car Info: '15 WRX
Hi Zero i'll try and see if i could order that. i just go by what people want and if they have it i order them. then i do a demo for them and see how they like it befor doing the real thing.
Let me know! I'm willing to do the shifter trim in the STI first just as a test for everyone else as well.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:18 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
Hey guys so me and another i-club member Paul Walker decided that we want to get into hydro dipping and would love to try this out and provide this service to our i-club homies! We are going to order materials tonight and get equipment to try it out and do our own pieces and post up pictures. Our plan is to provide this service to i-club members for free plus cost of material for the first 5 people and go from there. (After we feel confident in our dipping skills.) Us two and another close friend are really excited about starting this up and doing it the right way. This is just a heads up post and we dont want to get in the way of Mays25's business. Once we get things going we'll register a vendor account and post up an official thread. We can't wait to start dipping all sorts of crazy stuff!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:06 AM

Car Info: 2006 obp wrx limited sedan
I might want in on this. Java is planning to make me a rear diffuser and I want it dipped carbon color. I just dont want to be the experimental oops here lol. I would pay to have it done right but not so much to where I could have just bought a real carbon fiber diffuser lol.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 AM

Car Info: Eclipse
Originally Posted by Scoobywax
I might want in on this. Java is planning to make me a rear diffuser and I want it dipped carbon color. I just dont want to be the experimental oops here lol. I would pay to have it done right but not so much to where I could have just bought a real carbon fiber diffuser lol.
We'll be dipping our own parts for the first week or so until we've felt like we've learned the skill and are confident enough to offer the service. Currently, the materials are ordered and I will be dipping my fender badge, side front bumper cover, and interior trim. It's a work in progress, but we're still doing our RnD and will have a thread following our entire process and work soon!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by ZeR0
This. I have been wanting the same for a long time now and figured hydro dipping is a good option
Old 02-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Car Info: Eclipse
Originally Posted by oshrizak
This. I have been wanting the same for a long time now and figured hydro dipping is a good option
I've done my research on this, mainly because I wanted a Cosworth style interior. Hydro dipping is primarily used for patterns and prints. The prints are translucent and the outcome depends on whatever base coat you use. As of current, I don't see any all black film available for purchase, however, there are film printers available, so I do see it possible in the near future.

Quick Reply: Good place in the east bay that does hydro-dipping?