Global Time Attack: Infineon Raceway Nov. 11-12

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Originally Posted by jdblock
That car is a monster!
Honestly it was just a complete POS so it looks like it's a monster, if the diff was not hosed the video would be pretty boring and the lap times would be significantly faster!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by LICmotorsports
Yeah it was great to see the car rip off a 1st place win and class track record (1:41.888). But even more rewarding knowing that the driver (Gary) said there was easily another sec in his own driving at that level. Gary was literally tossed into our car on friday AM in the rain, he got 1 dry session yesterday to learn the car (thats about 6 laps, of which only 1 of them was a hot lap). Its impressive how fast guys like him can adapt to a setup and do what they do. He literally did that time with less than 20 laps in the car in total.

For the final session we decided to turn the car up to full power, as we had been running on our 29 psi (medium boost map) all Saturday. It was a decision I was making b/c until you put the car at that level in a real life scenario, you just don't know what it can/will do. I wish it could of made it a tad longer but that's how it goes at times. We were fully prepared to push the car onto the trailer to get an impressive win and record (which we did anyways), we felt we have pushed development to the point where we can finally feel comfortable not just playing it safe anymore and actually put our car at a top tier level with the top tier guys (like the fellas from 034 Motorsports, for those who don't know Christian is an amazing driver and that car is INSANE, go see how many magazines its been in and what its accomplished with Christian behind the wheel). So to pull off our win with 1.4 secs over him and that car, we feel pretty good about....we were both pushing each other as hard as we can. Christian reminded me last year he blew 3 motors chasing us and others, this is our/LIC's first catastrophic mechanical on track and it was due to a failed #3 rod. Pushing cars this hard, this far, its bound to happen....its how we learn to revise our parts and builds at various power levels (even when you're using stuff that is "suppose" to take the power levels one is running). Ask any other shop that competes as well, we all do it and have to in order to push development even further. We learn something at every event and the unexpected things that can/will happen.

We are happy with our data/result learned and earned this weekend, glad it ended safely, and all we can do is look onward and upward for next season (if there even is one for us).

-Noah
Noah as I told you after the event, I'm super proud of you guys for putting it all on the line with a "go for broke" strategy. You guys did great and when you land on the top of the podium for popping your proverbial "cherry" it feels good. Bravo sir! I hope that you and Gary can work something out for next year. LIC and Sheehan will make an awesome team. You're both **** as hell and will work very hard for one another. Awesome end to a great season for all the bay area teams.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Honestly it was just a complete POS so it looks like it's a monster, if the diff was not hosed the video would be pretty boring and the lap times would be significantly faster!
It was amazing how Jeff was able to drive the car how it was though.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by G_Ride
It was amazing how Jeff was able to drive the car how it was though.
There are no ends to Jeff's talents behind the wheel, in setup and overall professionalism that's for sure!

I am just beyond pissed off from comparing our data at that track to have handed him a car that was loosing .2-.3 at every single corner. I can only imagine what Jeff is capable of with the issue resolved and running real power
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member

After many seasons with the L, this was by far the most successful for the team. The development was fast paced and creative. The longevity and reliability was stepped up. Exposure was great for the shop and it's sponsors. A shoe has been secured for the next season. Great things to come man! I regret having my life flipped on it's head and not being able to participate as much as I would have liked. Maybe there's the reason for the success right there. Because "Jeff Happens". Congratulations and I am very proud of you guys. You should be proud too. I know deep down in that stubborn ****** head of yours, you agree with all of the above. Kudos brother!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ipozestu
After many seasons with the L, this was by far the most successful for the team. The development was fast paced and creative. The longevity and reliability was stepped up. Exposure was great for the shop and it's sponsors. A shoe has been secured for the next season. Great things to come man! I regret having my life flipped on it's head and not being able to participate as much as I would have liked. Maybe there's the reason for the success right there. Because "Jeff Happens". Congratulations and I am very proud of you guys. You should be proud too. I know deep down in that stubborn ****** head of yours, you agree with all of the above. Kudos brother!
Nope my entire season was wiped out when I rigged 12v into the center diff after testing what Jeff said was happening at 8am Sunday morning on the GST skid pad at Infineon, got back to the shop rigged 12v in and bam working car! Gehy!

Mike <--- Complete ****ing retard!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:26 PM
VIP Member

Nope my entire season was wiped out when I rigged 12v into the center diff after testing what Jeff said was happening at 8am Sunday morning on the GST skid pad at Infineon, got back to the shop rigged 12v in and bam working car! Gehy!

Mike <--- Complete ****ing retard!
"Mike Happens" too... Entire season? Now this is a pitty party... have a drink on me and STFU ***!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:41 PM

Car Info: '06 CGM STI
Originally Posted by failure
It's all about that 'vette that said "Fxck it" and ended up drifting at the end of Session 3 XD
That dude was awesome.

Infineon GTA Hot Lap.wmv - YouTube

There's some of the worst in-car from our car I have ever seen!
You did not look the least bit stressed Mike.

Originally Posted by Javirex23
Yes! That was awesome... I was totally enjoying the waste gate sound of the LIC car aswell
The car sounded tuned to perfection after last years hiccups.

Originally Posted by jdblock
That car is a monster!
From the Grand Stand she made music....the purest music.

that was compressor surge (that sound that happens with no BOV)

our EWG goes back into our dp

-Noah
It needs to stick outta yer fender to be truly baller Noah. geez.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:46 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Does anyone have the link to the video of the NSX?
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Oh so after the last round, we went over and talked to the guys with the civic, got some stories outta the guys but, at one point they were definitely catching the vette and were proud of it, all motor k24!
Looking from the stands, couldn't even tell the car was giving Jeff problems.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
"Mike Happens" too... Entire season? Now this is a pitty party... have a drink on me and STFU ***!!!

Crazy thing is I happen to know a guy that knows a little about this sort of issue. (electrical type ****). Surprised he didn't figure it out.

You get your lady that ride along?

I can understand being bummed out. This was suppose to be the big event of the year. I think everyone out there that needs to know knows the score. If GST doesn't break and they get the runs in they win. Period.

My hope is that GST runs in more events next year and they show what they truly have. It's crazy what that car and driver are capable of together. I honestly think the surface has just been scratched this season.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:04 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.

I agree. Half to remember.... still got the class record. That's saying something considering GST was on 85% of a car/tire and it was ONE lap.

I'm proud of GST. The budget of most of the other cars that are in GST's orbit are much much larger. The teams are usually larger and more race car focused. Etc. GST essentially has a tuner, one mechanic and one jack of all trades beer drinking sleeper. The rest of that car has been joint effort and volunteer time from Jeff, Tommy, Freddy, etc.

It's friggin amazing. I am always stoked to brag about GST.

I'm amazed with GST, 034 and LIC. The stuff you guys are putting out there this year is amazing. I hope to see more from 034 in the future. Christian is an animal behind the wheel. If Gary stays in the Lic seat more they're gonna be faster (and if they stop swapping parts so fast, LOL!). GST with Jeff is the best of the best in my opinion when running even 90%.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:09 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
Does anyone have the link to the video of the NSX?
Tyler McQuarrie Lap record in the FXMD NSX at GTA Infineon on Vimeo
Old 11-14-2011, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Wow he was the driver??? I had no idea. Thanks for the link!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:14 PM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
that was compressor surge (that sound that happens with no BOV)

our EWG goes back into our dp

-Noah
Ohhhh I see. That sound was great....

High five to all the guys that raced reppin' local shops... It really demonstrates that there a lot of mechanical genius close by

Quick Reply: Global Time Attack: Infineon Raceway Nov. 11-12