Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2009 G Ride
Originally Posted by Lurk
Do you guys see more "ghosts" when you smoke White Widow or AK47?
AK47 is a nice strain, wasn't too impressed with the White Widow I copped from Frisco...
Old 07-20-2005, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: CRZ EX-Navi/6MT & Vue Redline
Originally Posted by verc
The slaughterhouse in antioch, some insane asylum in Oakland, haha man had some good memories going to random spooky places without flashlights and just walking around with friends scaring the heck out of eachother

Hahaha, the slaughterhouse! I've been there so many times. Did you ever go to the small house in front of the actual industrial slaughterhouse? The home has long since been torn down (about four years ago I think) but that place was freaky as hell. That whole area off of Empire Mine road is freaky. There is Gravity Hill (whcih is a crock and doesn't work), the slaighterhouse, some freaky cave off of that road, and Higgins' Headstone (a headstone mine for Higgins Funeral Home) which is also off of Empire.

-Chris
Old 07-20-2005, 08:18 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
btw, i'm pretty sure a lot of you have experienced "sleep paralysis," which is supposedly caused by a ghost sitting on you. (according to a couple of ghost sighting sites, including www.theShadowlands.net)

I've had that a few times before, and it's really weird. You think you're dreaming, then you wake up with your eyes open, but you can't move, talk or make ANY sounds. It's pretty freaky, but it's always happened when I was stressed out or sick, so I figured it was a physiological thing.

Yeah I've experienced this also! It's pretty scary. I was just sleeping, and I htought I woke up, but I couldnt move or anything. It was like...I was half awake and half asleep.

This thread is pretty interesting, I'm...what you call a wuss. I haven't watched a scary movie since...like...forever. I've never seen the ring or any other horror movies. I hate being scared, and I just wanna live happily and not have weird thoughts. I'm wondernig, with the people that do have these sightings and ghost experiences, are you guys big scary movie fans? I agree, your mind is very very powerful. As long as you believe something, then it's true. If your mind is conditioned to believe in ghosts, then ghosts exist. Or for those who have gone through traumatizing events, then yeah your mind might do some weird stuff. I'm sure if I watched a lot of scary movies, I'd start seeing images. I never should have read this thread though, now I'm getting scared, and hopefully I don't have nightmares tonight. I haven't had a nightmare in a long while. I think I'll go watch a good comedy. I'm going to try to go through life without being exposed to the wild imagination of others related to horror. All these stories are getting me..uh..scared, lol. damn.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
I've had a somewhat something of a ghost experience as well. It was in Hong Kong, which is a hotbed of ghosts due to the way it got pounded during World War II and also because of the rampant belief in spirits there (I've always thought that ghosts and spirits like to manifest themself in places where they are most often believed in; or perhaps there are more "sightings" because people who believe tend to see things like this more easily; either way, it's open to debate...)

But anyway, it was in the lobby of a large office building that happened to house a fairly popular fine dining Chinese restuarant (Dai Hei Hing is the place for those of you familiar with HK). The lobby was one of the type that has marble floors, pillars, and a high ceiling, know what I mean? So footsteps and whatnot echo quite loudly in the large space, and like many lobbies the shape of the room is a little bit irregular (eg there are corners and whatnot). I finished dinner with my mom, dad, uncle, and aunty, and we were walking through the lobby from the restaurant to the garage. There were a trio of security guards near the center of the lobby, and they were between us and the elevators around the corner. I was chatting with my dad, my mom and auntie were talking, and my uncle was in front. As I talked to my dad, I heard the sound of rapid, light footsteps like a kid running in the lobby. All of the sudden, one of the security guards broke out into a dash to the elevator. He stuck his key in the slot to call the elevator back, then he turned pale when the doors opened.

The elevator was totally empty, but he, his 2 colleagues, and my uncle all saw a child in a long red coat run around the corner and into an elevator. The angle that this child took was behind the guards, who in turn obscured my uncle's field of view such that all he saw was the child turning the corner. However, the guards, my uncle, and my dad heard the running as well, and the area where the elevators were was a dead end. The panicked guard asked us if we had a kid in a red coat in our party, and we said no. Then the poor guard really started freaking out.

Probably not so scary reading this, but it was a kinda bad juju feeling there in person. My dad and I weren't paying attention, so we didn't see the child in the red jacket, but we heard the footsteps and saw the security guard dash in pursuit. My mom said she wasn't paying attention and didn't notice anything, and my aunty said she felt bad juju but didnt' see or hear anything. She was pregnant at the time, and in Chinese folk belief, pregnant women have an aura that prevents ghosts and "unclean" things from phasing them.

I still wonder...
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Dang Ryan,

Now I know why your hair stand straight up
Old 07-20-2005, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Haha, I'm lucky it ain't white yet
Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 AM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
god damnit... i'm reading all of this at night and.... i'm scared
Old 07-21-2005, 01:53 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Originally Posted by slagehammer
god damnit... i'm reading all of this at night and.... i'm scared
Me too
Old 07-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
damn these are good ghost stories. are there any more.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:39 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
The odd thing I've experienced was 2 days ago.

I was in my room, and was yelling across the house to my brother, who from the sound of his voice you could tell was a good ways away, when out of nowhere a handfull of thumbtacks comes flying at the back of my head. When I turned around I didn't see anything but the door closing as if a draft were comming through, even though not a single window or outside door was open within the house. Fun stuff
Old 07-21-2005, 09:49 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by bassplayrr
Hahaha, the slaughterhouse! I've been there so many times. Did you ever go to the small house in front of the actual industrial slaughterhouse? The home has long since been torn down (about four years ago I think) but that place was freaky as hell. That whole area off of Empire Mine road is freaky. There is Gravity Hill (whcih is a crock and doesn't work), the slaighterhouse, some freaky cave off of that road, and Higgins' Headstone (a headstone mine for Higgins Funeral Home) which is also off of Empire.

-Chris
haha, no never been to that house, haven't been there since like... before I got my driver's license And yeah Gravity = stupid but man,

I-club haunted place meet anyone
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 AM

Car Info: Sline
Originally Posted by slagehammer
isn't the slaughterhouse next to the "gravity hill"

my friend went up to gravity hill once in his Jeep. He said he did all that stuff like wait at the bottom in neutral and you will start to randomly move forward. It's supposed to be some ghost pushing you up the hill--- he said he saw hand prints on the back of his car which was the *ghost's handprints*... i call BS.
No that's what you do. It's insane. You can do it in broad day light or at night. They put powder on the back of your car, you put it in neutral and then you start to go up the hill. I think it's a silent chain or something. But then once you're at the top, you look at the back of your car and there are hand prints like someone pushed your car up the hill.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:02 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
Originally Posted by kimbo63
Good thread

There was one time when i was lying in my bed and it felt like a hand grabbed my leg. It freaked me out.
Dude, same exact thing happened to me. I was a little kid and sleeping in my sleeping bag. Suddenly something grabbed my big toe and let go. It was quick. I shot up turned the lights on and screemed like a little girl till my mom got there. I think it was just a blood preasure thing,...maybe my foot fell asleep or something.
Old 07-21-2005, 10:03 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by jvick125
No that's what you do. It's insane. You can do it in broad day light or at night. They put powder on the back of your car, you put it in neutral and then you start to go up the hill. I think it's a silent chain or something. But then once you're at the top, you look at the back of your car and there are hand prints like someone pushed your car up the hill.

trust me throughout the years my friends and I and people we know have tried that a zillion times. I mean I'm not a superstitious person but it's just kind of fun hanging out late night you know? Unfotunately it don't ever work.

Maybe you have to actually believe in that stuff for it to work
Old 07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
VIP Member

scary

This just happend to me on sunday after coming home from the meet up Mt. Hamilton.

Since i was bbqing i was pretty tired so when i came home, only my dad was home. So i took a shower and i decided to go take a nap. Have way between my nap i was awakened by someone in my room. I didnt have my glasses on so when i opened my eyes i saw a figure wearing bright colors pretty close to me. I thought it was my mom so i just went back to sleep. When i woke up i came out and i saw my mom, and she said "Wow your home? i never knew you were home." I then said "what do you mean you were in my room." she then said that she wasnt.......and that she just got home. Plus she wasnt wearing the colors that i saw on the figure. Then i thought, it might of been one of my sisters. So when they came home i asked both of them if they were in my room and they said they havent been home since about lunch time. =(

My house does scare me sometime, i use to see alot of shadows when i was little. I would be standing there and i see a light flash across the wall and then see a clear distinct figure walking across. Once, me and both my sisters all saw one walking in front of our garage! We checked but there was no one behind us, and no car to shine such a bright light.

As for sleeping paralysis, i still get paranoid when i get it. A few months ago, i dont know what happend but i got it 3 times in the same night right after each other. I could feel my body stricken up and i would think "oh crap" and id wake up and there my body was.

Quick Reply: Ghost Sightings in the Bay Area?? (here's a few SF ones)