i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   FS: Jap Legecy B4 turbo engine (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/fs-jap-legecy-b4-turbo-engine-16598/)

brucelee 04-24-2003 06:47 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Steppin Razor [/i]
[B]Okay, I understand if you are offended by the term ***. But let me ask you this: What is the most derogatory term you could call a white guy? And for the sake of argument, we'll say that he is American with last name of Smith. [/B][/QUOTE]

I get offended when someone calls me a Nazi... cuz I was born and raised in Germany... well, no, I don't really get offended, but it's annoying.

ldivinag 04-24-2003 07:00 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Steppin Razor [/i]
[B]Okay, I understand if you are offended by the term ***. But let me ask you this: What is the most derogatory term you could call a white guy? And for the sake of argument, we'll say that he is American with last name of Smith. [/B][/QUOTE]

i dont think there is one. okay... honky? redneck? :D :D :D

but back to the hijacking...

even though i'm not japanese, i am asian (NOT ORIENTAL - which i use to refer to non-humans or non living things, like oriental cooking, oriental decoration, but never, "oh you mean the oriental person?").

anyway, i was watching late nite on TNT the movie "last days of patton" and when they were talking about the japanese enemy, it was always "*** this" and "*** that."

which is understandable since after all, it was US vs THEM time. but i think it does carry today, that the usage of *** is a rather derogatory term, which is almost as bad as using "******"...

i dont it's about be politically correct, but just being a nice person...

Steppin Razor 04-24-2003 07:20 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by brucelee [/i]
[B]I get offended when someone calls me a Nazi... cuz I was born and raised in Germany... well, no, I don't really get offended, but it's annoying. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, since i'm partially german (hence the kelsch last name) i guess one could use that as a derogatory comment to me. but if someone called me a nazi, i would just laugh in their face because i am clearly not a nazi. it just doesn't bother me. the point i'm trying to make is that as a japanese person you have the power to decide that the word *** doesn't bother you. in fact, i really don't understand why the word, especially seeing as how it's an abbreviation of your country for gods sake, could possibly have become a derogatory term. yes i am aware of the fact that americans called the japanese **** during WWII. but what japanese person decided to get sensitive and decide that they didn't like that? they might as well have decided that it's derogatory for americans to call japanese people japanese. and don't get started with the whole "the US bombed Japan" excuse because we all know who bombed who first. i'm not trying to start a race war here, and i realize that i am probing a bit, but i really don't understand how the word "***" came to be a derogatory term. it just doesn't make a bit of sense to me. so please, enlighten me. :)

mexicanpizza 04-24-2003 09:21 PM

Could this thread be any dumber? Comparing "***" to the N word is ridiculous. Abbreviation my friends.

But whatever...if you want to waste your time being offended by something stupid...be my guest ;)

-=Eric, 3/4 *******-4ss-*******, 1/4 dirty ******

Steppin Razor 04-24-2003 09:33 PM

once again, you crack me up eric. i'm pretty sure that's your name but i could be wrong.

the thing i don't understand is that from what i've seen (which may not be all that much seeing as how i've never even really met him in "real life." ;)) from andy, he is a pretty logical, rational person.

i understand that having a japanese wife and spending a lot of time in japan could have a large impact on one's point of view, but i am just trying to understand if there is a logical reason why the term *** should be deemed derogatory other than that japanese people think it is. (okay that sounded pretty much retarded, but think of it this way:) if i up and decide that the term Tim is derogatory towards me, am i right to get angry at people for calling me Tim?

mexicanpizza 04-24-2003 11:02 PM

You stupid Tim...dammit just like all the Tim's I've ever met...

:cool: :D

robb 04-24-2003 11:39 PM

Hey its home sweet home

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BADWRX [/i]
[B]

Not offensive, do you people live under rocks?

[b]

I will say no more. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, so this WAS cracking me up....I dont know why people have to get so defensive over these words, I dont get offended when someone calls me a Nazi...and my grandfather was an SS Officer during the war...I dont laugh when people call me a *******, its in the dictionary and since im not from georgia or florida it doesnt mean anything to me...****** mean I drive into a neighborhood and pick up black hookers....and redneck means I actually get outside and work for my living.....

...but to comment on the fact that I am homeless....I'll have you knwo that rock is quite comfortable on most days....now I am getting out of the rain and using the computer at the library just to see someone bagging on me for being so poor I sleep in the park....

now I have seen it all

Steppin Razor 04-25-2003 02:08 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mexicanpizza [/i]
[B]You stupid Tim...dammit just like all the Tim's I've ever met...

:cool: :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay I've had about enough of this reckless behavior. Do you think you can walk around offending every person you run into?

Hollandaze 04-25-2003 03:19 AM

So is anyone gonna see this engine or not? We're supposed to be discussing about the engine for sale right? I'm not interested in buying, but I would like to see the juicy specs for the badboy!

ravent 04-27-2003 08:08 AM

One "last" hijack (I was the first to ask a "valid" question), the most "defaming" thing I have heard "white people" called (this was "overseas") is "American", but that just doesn't work around here. You can feel the pain of any name you want but it is the person "saying it" that needs to feel the pain and ignorance is NO excuse. PEACE PLEASE and don't cal me "late for supper";).

BADWRX 04-27-2003 08:17 AM

The most defaming thing that I have been called was "*******" once in Chicago (By a black fella that I did not know). I did not realize that it was a bad name until later. We were in a pool hall, and he had an obvious hatred of whites, and he was like, "What's up *******". Damn dude, that was harsh!

I was also called "GAIJIN!!!" In my face in Japan by a bitter old man. I think that I broke his jaw. Really! I laid him out, and he deserved it.

joltdudeuc 04-27-2003 08:33 AM

[B]The most defaming thing that I have been called was "*******" once in Chicago (By a black fella that I did not know). I did not realize that it was a bad name until later. We were in a pool hall, and he had an obvious hatred of whites, and he was like, "What's up *******". Damn dude, that was harsh!

I was also called "GAIJIN!!!" In my face in Japan by a bitter old man. I think that I broke his jaw. Really! I laid him out, and he deserved it. [/B][/QUOTE]

*** is a term from WWII, yes it is offensive. Josh, just change the heading please...

Ever been called a terrorist, and have someone mean it? Or Osama... thing is, say something like that to me in a crowded place, stupid ****in americans will freak out, call the cops... bam, whos in jail for being a terrorist with out a lawyer, trial, rights... be damn happy that it's words that insult you. If someone was bold enough, i could be locked up and no one would even know where i went...

-Gagan

blackwagonrx 04-27-2003 09:07 AM

[B]
I was also called "GAIJIN!!!" [/B][/QUOTE]

What does that mean???:confused:

BADWRX 04-27-2003 12:32 PM

It means foreigner in Japanese. It is a racist term. Gaikokujin (International person) is the proper way to say it. Some older fold in Japan are extremely opposed to internationalism, and they think that they can diss you in public. I showed that fella that it is not nice to be rude to others you don't know.:p

Andy

Gagan, the funny thing is that many stupid ignorant bigots here in the States may think that you are Arab. It is rather pathetic! Indian's are not terrorists you morons! Arabs are, and only the Islamic fundamentalist extremists at that. Many need to get a clue don't they man!

Too many honkies fail to keep themselves informed!

Steppin Razor 04-27-2003 01:36 PM

hahaha, "threw a right across and knocked his old ass out..." -- Easy E

that's awesome andy!! man that would be hot to be able to go around cold clocking people who talk shlt to your face. even i have a hard time doing that ALL the time. :D