fog covers stolen?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 07:55 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
fog covers stolen?!!!

dude wtf is up with people? this didnt happen to me but a really close friend. just earlier today around 4pm i passed his house and his fog covers were on. then just about an hour ago some sh*t head steals the covers.. wtf is wrong with people now adays? its obviously another subaru owner just because you cant do sh*t with it. seriously if your on here i hope you get hit or something. my buddy didnt sound mad but im mad for him he only has 15,000 miles on his 05sti... he babies it and yet look what happens... low life scum bags i swear...
Old 03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
wow, just lame. . .sorry to hear about your friend
Old 03-29-2009, 08:20 PM

Car Info: Your mom
sorry to hear bout that, maybe the theifs whole car will get snatched??
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Car Info: 350hp WRX/2008 EVO X
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
dude wtf is up with people? this didnt happen to me but a really close friend. just earlier today around 4pm i passed his house and his fog covers were on. then just about an hour ago some sh*t head steals the covers.. wtf is wrong with people now adays? its obviously another subaru owner just because you cant do sh*t with it. seriously if your on here i hope you get hit or something. my buddy didnt sound mad but im mad for him he only has 15,000 miles on his 05sti... he babies it and yet look what happens... low life scum bags i swear...
Sorry to hear, but could also be someone who dosen't own a Subaru, and who wants to sell them on ebay, or craigslist.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
sorry to hear that...try to keep a close eye on you suby, mine sleeps right in front of my back door with the light on always!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 PM

yea mine is always in my garage if im at home. but my buddy rarely drives his car... i mean 15k miles for an 05sti... its just sad that this type of stuff still goes on... damn kids..
Old 03-29-2009, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
like I always say, thieves should get the nuts in a vice
Old 03-29-2009, 08:47 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Hey, which covers and what color were they?

If you have pictures of them you should post them up. That way everyone can keep a look out on the forums and Craigslist / eBay to see if anything pops up for these.

Are there any distinguishing marks on the covers?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM

Car Info: 2007 sti in shop...itll be a suprise...
are they off the silver one on tully?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
This isn't the first time I've heard of this exact crime... Too bad the fog covers are so easy to take off. I'd sacrifice some convenience for some more secure covers... :-/

Maybe someone with some electrical engineering background can rig up some sort of device that is battery powered that will shock the living hell out of ANYONE that touches your car while it's armed. Now how friggin cool would that be? I know I wouldn't touch a car that shocks you! Would you?

Sort of reminds me of the South African anti-carjacking flame thrower... I'm not making this up, car jacking rates are so high in South Africa that you can buy an anti theft device that shoots 10 foot tall flames out of the side of the car (Shoots up and out from the bottom of the car right below the doors). The flame doesn't burn you because it happens so fast, but it sucks all the air out of the area and scares the living crap out of anyone trying to steal the car... Since we can't do that, I wonder how legal the electric shocking device would be?

Any takers? I'd def buy one!
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by brucelee
This isn't the first time I've heard of this exact crime... Too bad the fog covers are so easy to take off. I'd sacrifice some convenience for some more secure covers... :-/

Maybe someone with some electrical engineering background can rig up some sort of device that is battery powered that will shock the living hell out of ANYONE that touches your car while it's armed. Now how friggin cool would that be? I know I wouldn't touch a car that shocks you! Would you?

Sort of reminds me of the South African anti-carjacking flame thrower... I'm not making this up, car jacking rates are so high in South Africa that you can buy an anti theft device that shoots 10 foot tall flames out of the side of the car (Shoots up and out from the bottom of the car right below the doors). The flame doesn't burn you because it happens so fast, but it sucks all the air out of the area and scares the living crap out of anyone trying to steal the car... Since we can't do that, I wonder how legal the electric shocking device would be?

Any takers? I'd def buy one!

All you'd really need is a live wire from the battery that's got an actuator...

Like when you touch both sides of a wrench to the terminals.

hmmm.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:28 PM

Car Info: 2000 2 door RS/ daily driver vtech
only if they do a 50volt kit...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:33 PM

yea jazzml the one on tully. i dont think he has any distinguishing marks on the fog covers. its a psm sti cover with all stickers intact. should be pretty close to clean since it only had 15k miles. so shouldnt have to many rock chips.. makes me want to make some type of chain to connect my fogs together so they cant take them off at all.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Sucks to hear, at least his parts I can understand someone tried to steal them, I got jacked for my stock TR side mirror covers. I ended up getting some later, and ended up using epoxy on the tabs,
Old 03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I also wanted to say that it's really sad that our community has to deal with this kind of crap now. Back in the day we didn't have to worry about things like this because our cars belonged to people that were in a higher income bracket, and I really hate to generalize, but it also meant that theft was lower. Now that the 2002 WRX is VERY affordable it's being snatched up by ricers that used to drive riced out Honda's (No offense to people who drove nicely modded Hondas), a lot of these ricers are young punks (sadly I know a couple) and thus the theft.

Blah

Quick Reply: fog covers stolen?!!!