Fixing a bent wheel?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Fixing a bent wheel?

One of my 17" wheels is bent a little. When I went to get tires mounted, the tire shop mentioned one of my wheels was bent a bit (they were on a car that flipped). It has a 1/4" wobble or so, fairly noticeable. Does not affect drivability, or at least it isn't noticeable while driving.

Are there shops around the Bay (more north maybe) that can fix something like this? I think it would be a good idea to get this fixed before I track/autox the car
Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Car Info: 04 aspen white wrx
im not sure if there is a shop in the north bay but if your willin to take a drive to san jose i know these guys can help you out.
http://www.wheeltechniques.com/
Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 02 wrx, 05 600RR, 03 Xr50 wheelie machine
maybe try these guys http://kwicksilversf.com/
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 PM

Car Info: toaster
Place in walnut creek called Rite Way wheel i think???? but i heard they are pretty good.

Wes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:39 AM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
www.wheelsamerica.com

AHQ and Yeaman Auto Body both use them. They are located in Hayward and will pick up your wheel or fix it via mobile. They are very reputable...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:05 AM

Car Info: 20psi Daily!
Originally Posted by Ballz
www.wheelsamerica.com

AHQ and Yeaman Auto Body both use them. They are located in Hayward and will pick up your wheel or fix it via mobile. They are very reputable...
+1 for them. americas tire co. uses them too
Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
One of my 17" wheels is bent a little. When I went to get tires mounted, the tire shop mentioned one of my wheels was bent a bit (they were on a car that flipped). It has a 1/4" wobble or so, fairly noticeable. Does not affect drivability, or at least it isn't noticeable while driving.

Are there shops around the Bay (more north maybe) that can fix something like this? I think it would be a good idea to get this fixed before I track/autox the car
Call Fine Line, and ask Ryan. Steve had to get one of his Gram Light wheels repaired on the Legacy, as a nasty 101S onramp that hadn't yet been paved after the 3-lane upgrades ate one of his rims with a giant asphalt "curb" across the onramp. He said the guy fixed his rim, and it looks like new with no more wobble or vibration. He was pretty amazed lol. This was fairly recent, so they should know the info on the guy that did the repair.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:37 AM

Car Info: 93 extra slow L
they do really good work fixed my friends bent rim and all curbing
Old 01-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
I've checked out wheel repair too and quotes to fix are always like $120-150 or more... which is too close to getting a new wheel (or a used wheel in good shape) so it's rarely worth it IMHO.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by Ballz
www.wheelsamerica.com

Originally Posted by imHELLAslow
+1 for them. americas tire co. uses them too
sorry, but i have to disagree here. i had to get mine repainted because the color was waay off and there was bubbling in the paint near the centercap. they also quoted me $40 above the price listed on their site (because i'm not a commercial customer - but it doesn't specify on the site), then also tried to add another $50 for 'special paint' when i picked up the my wheel (my wheels are silver).

they did repaint for free, but it was a hassle to drop off/pick up the wheel again and the repaint was still visibly off (i even brought in another wheel for them to use as reference).
Old 01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
I've checked out wheel repair too and quotes to fix are always like $120-150 or more... which is too close to getting a new wheel (or a used wheel in good shape) so it's rarely worth it IMHO.
Yeah, but the problem is if you have rotas, I don't thing SubyDude sells wheels individually anymore
Old 01-21-2009, 11:35 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM VF34, 08 WRB FSXT
how much does it usually cost to get rims fixed/repaired with paint? i have some curb rashes and one of them is bent but still holds air pretty good.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by WRXdavid
how much does it usually cost to get rims fixed/repaired with paint? i have some curb rashes and one of them is bent but still holds air pretty good.
Refer to my post above Ryan and Steve have had to get wheel repairs before, and the guy might do finish repair, or repaints. Just call and ask them how much it cost Steve to fix his bent wheel for an idea lol. By the way, I'm trying to get my buddy to buy his first Subaru. I'm trying to get him into a Forester FXT since he's got a baby coming in Sept. Those things are dead sexy, but deserve lowering.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:20 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Called Fine Line and Miles new who to talk to, the guy has a mobile repair service that costs 120 bucks per wheel. Everyone else is north of 150 that was mentioned up there.

thanks a bunch guys
Old 01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by white04wrx
im not sure if there is a shop in the north bay but if your willin to take a drive to san jose i know these guys can help you out.
I've taken a couple of wheels to them. I've never had problems but others have.

They've done a good job on my stuff and I'll be taking another pair to them soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fixing a bent wheel?