The Final EVO

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 04 STi AW
The Final EVO

Mitsubishi Confirms No Lancer Evo Replacement Planned?But Final Edition Coming ? News ? Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

Thought this was cool since im not EVO hating subaru owner lol. Bumping the power past 300hp would be pretty cool stock for whoever gets one! I just wish they changed it back to the early year body styles like the wrxs when they in my eyes looked the best.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 PM

Car Info: 2015 Subaru WRX
RIP evo. Always been a Subaru fanboy but you have to appreciate a good car. Im excited to see what this special edition turns out to be.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:54 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by tomdmcpwn
RIP evo. Always been a Subaru fanboy but you have to appreciate a good car. Im excited to see what this special edition turns out to be.
LOL WUT? did you just imply the crank walking, FWD "hacked to awd" EVO is a good car? Ever bother to see the interiors? the workmanship of the parts, the "quality" of the build?
Old 12-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Im excited to see what this special edition turns out to be.
Lol, don’t get your hopes up. Remember the SE Eclipse for the discontinue? All it had was a stupid body kit, leather interior, and HID’s. People were spreading rumors the 4B11 motor with an AWD system would be put into the car to commemorate the AWD, 4G63 eclipses of the 90’s. Nope, Mistu just don’t care!

Originally Posted by Overbear
LOL WUT? did you just imply the crank walking, FWD "hacked to awd" EVO is a good car? Ever bother to see the interiors? the workmanship of the parts, the "quality" of the build?
Agreed, I liked the Evo 9's but that was one of the most over rated cars.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:44 AM

FWD hacked to awd it may be but it's awd on the track is far superior than a Subie. That's why they hold faster lap Times on most the tracks. May crank walk but at least you can daily drive 500whp for years unlike subies lol.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
God damn. Can you please stop drinking the haterade or at least not make blatantly wrong statements? It was 2G (may be even only 1995-1997?) 7-bolt DSMs that notably suffered from this issue. Second, ANY car can be susceptible to "crank walking".

You also seem to make this statement immediately upon seeing ANY Mitsu...that was the first thing that came out of your mouth about my 3000GT VR4. What's your problem with this make? Suabru ain't exactly the pinnacle of bulletproof engines or classy ergonomic interiors...yet somehow you don't have a problem humping its leg.

Here is an interesting read on this issue...

Crankwalk Theory | Magnus Motorsports

Anyway, not like any of this will matter, carry on as you were OB.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 12-03-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:44 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Evos have always been fun cars. It's sad to see it go, but we all knew it was going to happen.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Anyway, not like any of this will matter, carry on as you were OB.
Your skin, it is too think I think.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:29 PM

...like I said... I'm a subaru fan boy but you can't deny that an evo would be easier to DD at 500hp. The interior isn't good and they use cheap plastics, however, I'm not too worried about that because I drive a subaru.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:45 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Your skin, it is too think I think.
Meh. I guess I didn't care to be tactful or neutral replying to your clearly unbiased, logical and factual post
Old 12-03-2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Meh. I guess I didn't care to be tactful or neutral replying to your clearly unbiased, logical and factual post
Meh I don't really give a ****, I don't consider mitsubishi a good car manufacture, kind of the edsel of imports. Just like I look down my nose at fords.

Wouldn't own a evo if someone gave me one, not that subaru doesn't have its share of problems, but its still not a mitsu
Old 12-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Meh I don't really give a ****, I don't consider mitsubishi a good car manufacture, kind of the edsel of imports. Just like I look down my nose at fords. Wouldn't own a evo if someone gave me one, not that subaru doesn't have its share of problems, but its still not a mitsu
To each their own. That's how I feel about Chevy... Haha.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Mistu may not be a good car company all together but the EVO was great. They know how to build a motor. Tranny and diff on the other hand eh Lol. I'll end up owning one, one day I'm sure of it but probably a 8 or 9 then just putting in a shep trans and diff then never have to worry!
Old 12-03-2014, 07:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
The EVO is amazing for how much power they make, especially on the stock turbo and inter cooler, compared to a stock STI setup.

My problem is that the people I see modding them heavily for tracking and beating on them all seem to have broken EVOs...my Subaru loves the abuse lol
Old 12-03-2014, 07:51 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan

To each their own. That's how I feel about Chevy... Haha.
Worked at an auto repair shop for a year and a parts warehouse for two years - in my experience chevy> Ford by a long shot

Quick Reply: The Final EVO