EQ Tuning Road Dyno Day results!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:22 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Thumbs up EQ Tuning Road Dyno Day results!

Thanks to everyone who showed up. While the turnout was a little lower than expected, everyone had a lot of fun and the event turned out great. Special thanks to Joel (duo) for maning the BBQ and to Brian (PlatnmRex) for helping out and giving rides to everyone who asked.

Here are some of the dynos from the day:

This was the highest HP car of the day care of Lance (Lowball). Major mods include 18G, injectors, Perrin TBE, Perrin FMIC, tuned by Nate at SS:

This is a Cobb Stage 2 03 WRX with HKS downpipe, HKS hipower catback, and removed intake silencer care of Alvin (ASpec818):

This is Simpson's 04 WRX with catback and uppipe, tuned by EQ Tuning:

This is Ken's (SubNub) stock 04 WRX:

This is Mike's (MikeSuby34) 03 WRX with k&n drop-in filter and intake silencer removed. This was deffinately the freak car of the day considering its basically stock! I can't wait to see what this car can do with some tuning.

I'll add a couple more dyno's shortly.

Thanks again to everyone who participated. It really helped me test out the new Road Dyno software and start a nice database of dynos for varying mods.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:56 AM

Car Info: 04' Aspen White WRX
Thanks again for throwing the bbq/ dyno day. I had a lot of fun and met a lot of really cool people. I'm still surprised with MikeSuby's car, it's good he didn't leave before he had a chance to dyno. I've noticed your dynos look a lot smoother than the old Delta dash ones, no more jagged lines, how did that happen?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:14 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Chris,

Thanks for coming... even if you were in an accord! The new road dyno software uses a much better smoothing algorithm than the Deltadash road dyno. That's why the graphs look a lot better

Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
I had a great time..even though i almost burned down the park we were at..lol. The graphs do look a whole bunch better. Thanks for the good time ed.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:32 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
These graphs really drive home the advantage of a custom tune.

For those not paying attention Simpson's car says UPIPE and CATBACK (read: two stock cats). Now may I call your attention to the graphy directly above it. Amazing.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:45 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
looks like Alvin let off around 6K RPMS and Simpson took his car all the way to 7K RPMS
Old 04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
looks like Alvin let off around 6K RPMS and Simpson took his car all the way to 7K RPMS
As you can see, Alvin took one of his runs all the way to redline and it overlays pretty well up top with the other two. All of the peak HP numbers on his runs are a bit bellow 6k RPM, so the other runs would not have read any higher peak hp.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

BTW, Alvin's car is making about 10ft-lbs more than simpson's from 3k - 5k RPM which is certainly a signficant difference. But of course as SubNub said, he has a TBE
Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM

Car Info: MY04 WRX
Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
BTW, Alvin's car is making about 10ft-lbs more than simpson's from 3k - 5k RPM which is certainly a signficant difference. But of course as SubNub said, he has a TBE
My thoughts on the matter exactly. I pointed this out because when I found myself compairing your tune to a Cobb Stage II tune I was comparing Alvin's with Simpson's and the graph's both look so similar DUN DUN DUN (dramatic effect) until I realized Simpson has two more catalytic converters than Alvin . Hence, amazing.

Last edited by SubNub; 04-26-2005 at 11:51 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar
Old 04-27-2005, 12:01 AM

Car Info: 2004 Aspen White WRX wagon
Originally Posted by SubNub
My thoughts on the matter exactly. I pointed this out because when I found myself compairing your tune to a Cobb Stage II tune I was comparing Alvin's with Simpson's and the graph's both look so similar DUN DUN DUN (dramatic effect) until I realized Simpson has two more catalytic converters than Alvin . Hence, amazing.
YES! Thanks for tuning my car ed.. Althought I would like to add that I have a K&N drop in filter to the list.. Helix uppipe, and HKS catback.. The car feels great!
Old 04-27-2005, 01:03 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Symon,

I'm glad you're happy with the tune. It was also nice to see that the tune is working as expected after being exposed to lots of varying driving conditions and still making consistant and smooth power.

Thanks