Do they realize we are laughing at them? (ricers)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally posted by porkchop
does it really matter? who cares if someone laughs at you? Chance of you seeing them again are slim. So what if they have a fart can or different wheels. To each of their own. Who are we to judge what is "rice" and what is not. This whole "ricer" term is out of hand, and reached the point of anything someone hates so they call them a ricer. We're the ones that bought cars that look like Neons.... Grow up....
Old 03-03-2004, 11:53 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
It's true though, what Tommy said. The term rice has lost its original meaning, and everything that people don't like (may it be gold wheels, big red brakes, whatever) , they call it rice. Originally rice was a Honda Accord with a crazy kamakazi body kit that was broken, wasn't painted... and the car was missing a door or something. haha...

Now, people call everything rice. It's gotten out of hand.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Ze Mole!

Car Info: 2009 Forester X Limited, 1988 BMW 535IS
Originally posted by brucelee
Now, people call everything rice. It's gotten out of hand.
This thread is rice
Old 03-03-2004, 12:03 PM

I agree, Rice has gotton out of hand...
but also, I can't help but to laugh when people spend $1,000's of $'s on there vehicles when their children don't have health care, or they are in massive amounts of debt.
Really, these cars are huge money pits that never make a return on the investment.
So honestly, I kinda laugh at all of us that spend all of our hard earned money on a car (unless you are rich). Rice is just rediculous and getto...
Old 03-03-2004, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally posted by Lionfish42
Looks like someone hit a nerve.

We all know that just because you drive a japanesse car does not mean it is rice. It's when you add all those cheese extras that you begin the transformation to being a ricer.

As they say in the poker world, "If you don't know who the fish is in the first 30 mins, your the fish!"

In the world of rice the saying should be, "If you don't know when it's rice, your the ricer!"

Hee hee...

Just kidding....
nah, don't bother me none, just sick of people thinking that they're better than others when they drive a subaru.

and the mis-usage of the term "ricer" ... it gets old...
Old 03-03-2004, 12:23 PM

does it really matter? who cares if someone laughs at you? Chance of you seeing them again are slim. So what if they have a fart can or different wheels. To each of their own. Who are we to judge what is "rice" and what is not. This whole "ricer" term is out of hand, and reached the point of anything someone hates so they call them a ricer. We're the ones that bought cars that look like Neons.... Grow up....
I had people call my car rice. oh well I could care less.
Old 03-03-2004, 12:27 PM

nah, don't bother me none, just sick of people thinking that they're better than others when they drive a subaru.

dude those guys with hondas could not afford a better car thats why they have a honda. I bet half of the people here started with some cheap *** car. Mine was a CRX and a Toyota Corolla S and I bet tons of fools called my **** rice but I dont care.

but I must say some cars out there are over the top. like tommahs car. hahahaha

j/k
Old 03-03-2004, 01:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Originally posted by kidatari
My car is teh fastar because it is powered by random japanese symbols!!!!1!!!~
LOL
Old 03-03-2004, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

The difference comes in a car that that looks tastefull, and one that is absolutely beyond the bounds of good taste.

I agree the "ricer" term has been overused, but in this instance I'm referring to all those things stated in the first post.

And how DARE you say my car looks like a Neon? hehe
Old 03-03-2004, 01:21 PM
VIP Member

I don't think my car is better.....I know it's better j/k

But seriously, a WRX is a better car than a Civic in so many different ways.

Also: painting brake calipers for example is not "rice", but doing a noticably poor job of painting them and making them yellow when the rest of the car is not yellow is "rice."
Old 03-03-2004, 01:27 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
We're all ricers in everyone else's eyes. It's just on different levels. I really don't give a **** though. After all, it's just a car (puts on flame suit)....there's more 2 life....
Old 03-03-2004, 01:27 PM
VIP Member

Leaving a Honda stock is classy. Putting a huge wing on it is not classy.

Hondas are good cars for people moving and saving gas $ and chillin in an understated car. Making Hondas (or any car) go fast is really cool and I give props to people who want to build up a motor, learn how to work on their car, develop a respect for the car and how to drive it. Making Hondas (or any car) look silly and not putting that extra time and effort into something useful and beneficial to the car or driver is just a waste of time IMO.

Oh yeah and spending time, effort and $ on your car when you have kids to put through school...that's rice. :banana:
or maybe just dumb.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally posted by WagonMonster
This thread is rice
I agree.

I'm pretty burned out on all this.

Rice this rice that. Elitest bull****.

Just cause someone goes a different route than you like doesn't mean their car sucks. Some folks like body kits, cf hood and big wings....some people like crome some people like tuner style....low pro...jdm...etc......

I mean yeah I've see some some pretty beaned out or "riced" out cars. Crappy fiber glass kits....no paint.....cracks....big stupid looking wings....etc.

But then there are cars that are in progress...un painted because they just got the kits and what not.

OR cars that are done....kits...19's...wings....that took a lot of work and look pretty good....is it my style...nope...is that bad...and should I laugh at them..nope.

I used to drive a civic....lowered...rims...and what not...no wings...no body kit. NO fart can....I still got dogged...called ricers......etc. Stupid.

I see people at UCKK talking tons of **** about every car that's not a subaru....or talking crap about people loud BOV's when 6 months ago they had that same loud BOV. Then they get into their cars with grape fruit sized exhaust tips and rumble out.

Makes no sense. A nice car is a nice car. They still put the cash and time into that car. Just cause they went stereo and looks instead of pure speed that's no reason to rip on people....

Now after all that....I do admit that I have had a laugh at a car a time or two. Or mentioned how stupid that car with 13 inch wheels sticking 8 inches out the side of the car look. And some cars do define RICER...etc....

but it's just gotten completely out of hand.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: some silver thing
Originally posted by thebankman
The difference comes in a car that that looks tastefull, and one that is absolutely beyond the bounds of good taste.

I agree the "ricer" term has been overused, but in this instance I'm referring to all those things stated in the first post.

And how DARE you say my car looks like a Neon? hehe
but what you think is tasteful might not have the same meaning to the next guy. Obviously everybody is entitled to their own opinion of what looks good and bad. So not sure what you're refering to. And the WRX does look like a neon, just how it is...

I don't think my car is better.....I know it's better j/k

But seriously, a WRX is a better car than a Civic in so many different ways.

Also: painting brake calipers for example is not "rice", but doing a noticably poor job of painting them and making them yellow when the rest of the car is not yellow is "rice."
Does a wrx get better gas mileage than a civic? does a WRX require less maintence than a civic? Is the WRX cheaper than a civic? Even if a WRX is better than a civic, it's a different platform, can't really compare apples to oranges...

as far as caliper colors, yes painting them is fine. Doing a **** poor job, just shows they don't care and have no patience. But caliper color doesn't always have to be the same as the car color...you do realize stock caliper colors aren't the same as the car right? I mean if thats the case, we all should have rusted, dull, and metal looking cars.

just my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Do they realize we are laughing at them? (ricers)