DetailAddict Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
DetailAddict Review

Would have put +1 in the title, but how many people would come in to really read?

So, I've had my STi since September of 2004. I have NEVER had it detailed. It has NEVER been kept overnight in a residential garage. I have NEVER gotten a hand wax. This car is parked on the street next to the sprinklers every day all year long. The only paint work I've ever done was scraping off tree sap with my fingernails.

Last week some jerk broke into my car. When I got the window replaced ($220 ouch) the guy doing the labor rubbed his fat butt on my door and scuffed it up. I decided it was time for a good detail.

I met Leo (DetailAddict) one day at SpeedElement (also a great place). He took a look at my car and quoted me a package. Since my car is silver I didn't need a lot of the anti-swirl treatments so I was able to save some green.

On the day of the detail I took some before pictures of problem areas on my car. There were atleast 10 visible door ding scuffs on my driver side door alone. Some jerk stole my STi logo off my trunk with a screwdriver, but left most of the sticky part and a gouge in the paint. Those are just the 2 areas I'll show pics of. My car needed a lot of love to put it lightly. I think he went through an entire machine pad getting water spots off my glass (I can seriously see better out of my car lol).

From start to finish the entire process was smooth. My car feels like it's brand new again. I'm very happy. I couldn't even take a lot of closeup after shots, because my camera can't find a good spot to focus on LOL. In my before shots you can see the lense focus on damage or scratches in my clearcoat...but when I went to do after shots I couldn't get a good spot focused to take pictures.

Thanks a lot for the great job you guys (Mr and Ms DetailAddict).

~Jon
Attached Thumbnails DetailAddict Review-fixeddoor.jpg   DetailAddict Review-fixedlogo.jpg  
Old 10-18-2008, 04:59 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI Black 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6 Limited
where can i find/contact this guy?

i hard my car detailed right after i bought it and it was terrible. probably could have done a better job myself....

im also located in fremont. is he close?

Last edited by Ebolamonkey; 10-18-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
Leo is the man! now that I think about it, i have to hit him up soon.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:17 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Pm DetailAddict check out his thread https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/bay-area-auto-detail-portfolio-detail-addict-180194/

Originally Posted by Ebolamonkey

i hard my car detailed right after i bought it and it was terrible. probably could have done a better job myself....

Old 10-18-2008, 05:22 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
Originally Posted by Ebolamonkey

He did the work for me in Fremont. It felt pretty flexible though. I'd probably just PM him. Getting the work done in a place that the person doing the working is comfortable in/has access to tools and stuff is probably the most important.

It was very personalized. We did a couple pre-inspections where he asked me to show him problem areas on my car that I notice when I look at it. He spent extra time on all those places, and he found a couple spots that he noticed himself that he put some time in on.

When it comes down to it when you review something like a detail you're going to pay extra attention to places that bug you. I mean if you're all crazy about how your wheels look and someone misses dirt around your lugs or something it's going to turn you off to the whole thing..but if you went into something like Leo did for me and you say "hey, could you get these all brand new again" he'd hook it up.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
yes +1 for Leo, he removed the oxidation from my jdm headlights before i sold it, and detailed my 3 series to new condition.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
+eleventy billion for Leo (DetailAddict)!! He's the detailing MAN!!!

-Brian
Old 10-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Thanks Jon and folks for the kind words. I'll post up some before after pics soon... Just finished Aaron's car so I am pretty tired right now...

Ebolamonkey, PM me what you have in mind and I'll take care of you. Just FYI, I am already fully booked up to the 26 of Oct....
Old 10-19-2008, 04:52 PM

Car Info: nothing
economy not effecting you huh?
Old 10-19-2008, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor

actually it was dead for about a month for me. A lot of lower package guys are gone but higher package guys are coming in...

Leo

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
economy not effecting you huh?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:00 PM

Car Info: .
+1 for Leo, he made my OBP STi so purty.

You're lucky you didn't have the joy of removing that badge adhesive by yourself with goof off....its a total nightmare.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
DTM

Car Info: 2004 WRB STI
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
+1 for Leo, he made my OBP STi so purty.

You're lucky you didn't have the joy of removing that badge adhesive by yourself with goof off....its a total nightmare.
Ah I hate that stuff, I've had to do it by hand on three cars, on my 03' wagon I got smart and bought that power drill attachment thats clears it in seconds.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
yeah, Leo is the man! He just did my GF's 96 g20. The car looks, and feels brand new, if not better. Paint is shiny and smooth, interior is glossy, and clean, and the glass is so clear, I can finally see all the imperfections in the glass itself.

He also did a dry fog odor removal on my silvia, and now the 16 year funk of exhaust leaks, and trips to the love hotel smells are gone.

I will be bringing both my 02, and the silvia for detailing very soon.

Thanks for the great work Leo!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Former Vendor

thanks Aaron. Yeah it was a crazy car to work on.

I can't wait to work on your silvia.

Originally Posted by international B
yeah, Leo is the man! He just did my GF's 96 g20. The car looks, and feels brand new, if not better. Paint is shiny and smooth, interior is glossy, and clean, and the glass is so clear, I can finally see all the imperfections in the glass itself.

He also did a dry fog odor removal on my silvia, and now the 16 year funk of exhaust leaks, and trips to the love hotel smells are gone.

I will be bringing both my 02, and the silvia for detailing very soon.

Thanks for the great work Leo!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Meep Meep!
Looks fantastic, Any Socal appearances anytime soon??

Been waiting forever and a day for you to have a Socal location. If I ever make another trip to Norcal, I NEED to give you a call and set something up.

Quick Reply: DetailAddict Review