Derek Fisher signs with the Warriors....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 04:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
Derek Fisher signs with the Warriors....

What do you guys think about the signing of derek fisher?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:26 AM
joe

Car Info: 2002 WRB Impreza WRX
Yeah, I heard about this. As a Laker fan, I loved his work ethics. He plays defense and can knock down a wide open shot. Also can knock down a shot with someone in his face with about .4 secs left..lol. Hate to see him go but for 6 mil a year, I don't think the Lakers were willing to give him that.

~joe
Old 07-16-2004, 05:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: black pearl sti
As a Warriors fan(theres so many of us[]) I think they will probably trade Van Exel to someone like the sonics or the rockets. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense to have all those tiny point guards on one team.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:05 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
I think they are gonna trade van exel..A lot pf teams would like to get him cuz he only has one year left on his contract and that would release any team from a big contract...
Old 07-16-2004, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by ftnssn
As a Warriors fan(theres so many of us[]) I think they will probably trade Van Exel to someone like the sonics or the rockets. Otherwise it just doesn't make any sense to have all those tiny point guards on one team.
Unless you are going to run a three guard like Pheonix used to. hahaha!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 10:35 AM

there's gonna be a deal involving either Van Exel OR Claxton AND Dampier to be traded. Dampier doesn't want to stay with the Warriors.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
if claxton goes the warriors are doomed. That kid has heart and he's only gonna get better. He's a damn bargain. Especially when you have $80 mil barried in two 6th men.

Dampier of course is gone. He had a great year...contract year of course. I'd get rid of him now while his value is up. People will want ex because he is sturdy (when not injured) and he's a veteran that can still score from time to time and he's only got one contract year left. I bet if they package the two of those guys they could come away with a pretty good draft pick or a couple decent players they can match up butler for another trade for a decent player and some cap space for next years draft. getting rid of speedy would be the stupidest thing they've done since...since...well shoot man since last year..haa.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

hahhaha!!! It would be funny to compile a list of all the incredible players that the Warriors have traded/lost...
Old 07-16-2004, 01:19 PM

chris webber, chris mullen (he was traded to the pacers when he was still playing, right?), mitch richmond, latrell sprewell, Brian Cardinal, donyell marshall, antawn jamison, tim hardaway, tyrone hill, gilbert arenas, kobe bryant (they passed on him during the draft and picked Todd Fuller ), Kevin Garnet (they passed on him and picked Joe Smith ), Tracy McGrady (they passed on him and picked Adonal Foyle) and can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 07-16-2004 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:21 PM

Kenyon Martin just signed with the Nuggets.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Talking

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
chris webber, chris mullen (he was traded to the pacers when he was still playing, right?), mitch richmond, latrell sprewell, Brian Cardinal, donyell marshall, antawn jamison, tim hardaway, tyrone hill, gilbert arenas, kobe bryant (they passed on him during the draft and picked Todd Fuller ), Kevin Garnet (they passed on him and picked Joe Smith ), Tracy McGrady (they passed on him and picked Adonal Foyle) and can't think of anyone else at the moment.
Let's start with Wilt Chamberlain...
Old 07-16-2004, 01:58 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
kenyon is one of my favorite ballers. I wish the warriors or lakers could have picked him up...damn it. freaking nuggets..I hate the nuggets.

More warriors players. mitch richmond for bill owens. (good for defense. bad for everything else)

how about this bit of history....one of the worst trades in sports history. 1980 celtics got parish and a number one pick...they got kevin mchale. 2 of the 50 best players ever. won 3 championships with them. The warriors got joe carroll and rickey brown with their 2 traded draft picks...brown lasted 5 years and sucked. carrol went over 6 and was pretty good....the warriors won no championships with them.

or how about the Wilt Chamberlain for Paul Neumann, Connie Dierking, Lee Shaffer...haaa.

warriors have been idiots forever.

They have made draft day trades costing them players like penny hardaway.

loosing rick barry to the ABA then to the rockets

how about vince carter for jamison
Old 07-16-2004, 02:01 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

i call it the ROBERT PARISH CURSE...

breaking up TMC for billy owens??? may don nelson be hunted for that for the rest of his life...

and F billy owens... bastard did NOT want to play for the then sacramento kings who were lousy as hell.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
Originally Posted by ldivinag
and F billy owens... bastard did NOT want to play for the then sacramento kings who were lousy as hell.
"WERE lousy??"
Old 07-16-2004, 02:37 PM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
the warriors should dump everyone but claxton and start over

Quick Reply: Derek Fisher signs with the Warriors....