In defense of Gruppe-s (I-club mob mentality)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
In defense of Gruppe-s (I-club mob mentality)

I-club, I've observed, is a lot the KKK in the racist south or the muslim/East indian people w/ turbans beatdown mob, for reasons I'll elaborate. And I'm not innocent. I've been every bit as guilty on some occassions and I'm kind of ashamed for being a fanboi when I shouldn't have.

I'm a pretty impartial guy - I talk sh.it. about everyone equally. However I feel the need to address the mob mentality, I-club has, which is quite different from any other car community I encounter. And I will cite some instances everyone polarized unjustly.

I'm gonna be impartial again and talk crap equally, and cite merely my personal experience over the years. I don't care if any of you get pissed off - I got my own personal and professional life going completely unrelated and could care less what any of you think. But this is what I think, observed over the last 4-5 years hanging around Subarus in the bay area.

I-club - You guys went ballistic when Ed(EQtuning, now method) started tuning cars. Even a couple moderators. You guys formed a posse and defended S-Squared. When their (S2's) cars started blowing up one by one you guys crawled back to Ed, or Mike, or Shiv and asked them to fix the tunes. And as Ed fixed some of your tunes for free, even the same people who went so far as to threaten, THREATEN him on the internet before (I'll spit out names, but y'all can just back search old threads).

I-club - back when Mike was @ GS all y-all were GS fanbois. Now, that's justified alright since Mike is top US Subaru/Evo tuner. However, you sometimes defended him and the mechanics when they were clearly at fault. Do I need to dig up old threads where a customer came complaining "so and so messed up my tune/install and didn't fix it" and y'all were like "shut up you noob stop defaming our shop".

I was going to proceed and give SPECIFIC examples of people we trust, who at a point messed up and dropped the ball. IE - made a mistake (or mistakes) and FAILED TO CORRECT IT (or multiple times). But I don't want to be a shi.t. talker right now, there's no point. I'll just make the point that "I know" . The point isn't flaming, but the major point you guys make is "Our boys never drop the ball, they always go to all lengths when they make a mistake to make it right" NO, they don't. Sometimes they just drop the ball and don't give a crap about their customer". This happened to everybody and you are lying or haven' been long enough to know what's going on, or in denial if you say it isn't so.

Gino (GB) - he actually spent hours looking at my car for free, when someone else messed up
Dev (MPJ, formerly GS) - advised me saving me a couple thousand dollars he could have made that money off of me
Mert (head tech @ GST and formerly GS, formerly GB) - spent hours looking at my car for free
Mike (GST, formerly GST, formerly MPJ) - advised me saving me thousands when he could have made that money off of me
Kevin (AutoHQ) - just pointing out he's my personal mechanic who I trust
Ed (EQtuning) - just point out he's my personal tuner who I trust, someone else messed my car up (mechanic's fault) yet he spent hours trying to fix my car and charged nothing

And yet I had bad dirt on everyone listed. Just being fair.

Hell I know, I was one of those people on numerous occassions who told people to "go away and cry elsewhere cause I know xxx shop/tuner could do no wrong".

In response to https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/1-gruppe-s-153791/ look at this thread impartially - who was at fault? The answer - as in real life - both parties. Don't deny it - the professional, high school and maybe college educated, business dealing adult in you knows this. Granted, the majority of the fault was gruppe-S', but none of you made any intelligent comment.

Christ - like this thread a couple months back on road rage I mentioned "maybe your anger is why you haven't been getting a promotion at work or getting ahead in life compared to other people." I don't want to seem condesending, but some of you are in your late 20's and hanging out with high school kids and still not managing to break 50-60k/year getting ready to settle down, have you ever wondered why you aren' getting any love from life? Maybe cause you participate in this mob mentality, don't think as individuals, and don't think critically to make decisions for yourselves. Think about it. Now, as I've said I'm guilty too. I struggle with making counter productive decisions all the time, I'm just saying y'all should reflect once in a while.

Chill out, and reflect. Today you are E-lyching (insert name) on I-club, but 100 years ago you would have been lynching black people in the south.

Now don't this too seriously, guys. The KKK analogy is just a joke, but the point it salient

Last edited by verc; 01-05-2007 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
BAM9 Ladies choice Carshow winner

Car Info: 13 FR-S/05 STI
Moment to reflect. . .
Old 01-05-2007, 06:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
me grabs me pitch fork and chases brucelee
Old 01-05-2007, 06:48 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I found the source of everyone's hatred....

Let's bomb the place
Old 01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Wow
Old 01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Yesss!!!! HANG EM!!!!

I didn't read his entire post yet... it's to long atm... but YAY for another drama thread :wiggle:
Old 01-05-2007, 06:54 PM

lol now don't this TOO seriously, guys. The KKK analogy is kinda a joke, but the point it salient
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
witch hunt!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
point taken.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
that pic is awesome
Old 01-05-2007, 07:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
can someone make a burning at the stake pic?
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
good post verc

While a lot of good people left GS, there are still a few left

Lets hope they can rectify the situation and pull their name out of the mud

I agree, the lynch mobb went wild before asking questions
Old 01-05-2007, 07:08 PM

O yeah, just so you guys know, Gruppe-S owes me about 6 grand right now and I'm patiently waiting. As a man I trust their word that they'll take care of me.

If they fail to make good, yeah I will basically screw everything I said above and join the lynchmob as well
Old 01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2008 Legacy Spec-B
Originally Posted by krzyxrevver12
can someone make a burning at the stake pic?

i needed a better picture... but here is all you get

Old 01-05-2007, 07:27 PM

Car Info: 05 obp sti
Originally Posted by ucbsti
good post verc

While a lot of good people left GS, there are still a few left

Lets hope they can rectify the situation and pull their name out of the mud

I agree, the lynch mobb went wild before asking questions
That's what I'm saying!^^^^^^

Quick Reply: In defense of Gruppe-s (I-club mob mentality)