De Anza parking

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 03:35 PM

Car Info: STI
De Anza parking

Hey, for all of you who attend De Anza theirs a area in lot B where the new parking structure is that a bunch of RS Subaru's Park, and one or two Sti's. I didn't think much of it, but now I think if you own a Subaru u should park their. Here's why

No more dings (Ive gotten two since Ive been going to De anza)
No people rubbing against your car, trying to slide through
No more Bird ****( because its next to the ring road where every one drives birds don't really go their)
and no more mysterious scratches, or big dents left by people who don't know how to park.

The only real disadvantage of parking their, is that its kind of far from campus, but after some one scraped up against my bumper with their car while parking, or backing out (I wasn't their to see it) I decided that the walk was worth it.

I figure if all people with Subaru's are parking next to each other they will have respect for other people cars; hence, avoiding any mysterious damages

Old 01-25-2007, 03:44 PM

Old 01-25-2007, 03:57 PM

Car Info: 1999 RBP 2.5RS coupe
Originally Posted by Bjnk0
i saw you taking that picture at school the other day. btw u jacked my usual parking spot!! >=1 hahah

anyways, feel free to join our RS squad in the back row of the parking lot. m the Rally Blue RS that always parks 3rd parking spot to the curb. Lagus (white RS) parks in the 4th spot and Diaos (brp RS) usually takes the 5th one. We've been conquering the back row for almost 3 quarters now and all of a sudden lots of Evo's and Sti's started parking back there too.

Last edited by trangsterr; 01-25-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:08 PM

yeah im the silver STI. Ill move one over next time.

I didnt park their before,cause I figured it would look weird with a Sti in the middle of a bunch of RS's

I only started parking their after some one scraped my bumper. I figured that by parking next to other Subarus I wouldnt have to worry about all the crap I listed above.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:09 PM

I was there last spring and this wasn't going on, I remember there were some subies parking in the flint center, when I come back this spring I will join you guys. Those spots usually get left open because people are too lazy to walk that far. Plus you can get out with that stop sign exit and then just go into the straight lane and make a left anyways for a quick getaway onto stelling (not that I have done that or anything)
Old 01-26-2007, 02:44 PM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
I see my car to the left! w00t!

I've been parking there everyday now for a while. Indeed it does seem a bit better than parking closer to the buildings as I've seen people backing into other people's cars the other quarter and people watching me take a nap in my car as they pass by. The campus security came to me earlier saying he will give me a citation =( for having a nice car.

My class is alll the way on the other side of campus too, but the walk is good.
Have you guys noticed that most of the RS's that park there have OEM STi axlebacks while the STi's have some aftermarket exhausts? haha
Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru WRX - Sedona Red
Yeah, the de anza parking is the worst, i already have a few door dings from this quarter alone, not to mention the dings from previous quarters and a hit and run incident two quarters back. Ill probably start parking there next week, Im the driver of the only red wrx at the school, or so i believe.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
That's why I always park atop the parking structures. Plenty of spaces, plus I don't have to worry about dings and scrathes... much.

Karl
Old 01-26-2007, 07:44 PM

Car Info: 1999 RBP 2.5RS coupe
Originally Posted by Daios

I've been parking there everyday now for a while. Indeed it does seem a bit better than parking closer to the buildings as I've seen people backing into other people's cars the other quarter and people watching me take a nap in my car as they pass by. The campus security came to me earlier saying he will give me a citation =( for having a nice car.

My class is alll the way on the other side of campus too, but the walk is good.
Have you guys noticed that most of the RS's that park there have OEM STi axlebacks while the STi's have some aftermarket exhausts? haha
HAHAH and remember back when i just got my RS, you guys always questioned why i parked soooo freakin far away, now you guys are all back there joining me. >=] The back seems far but the walk isnt THAT bad. Plus ur car is safe cause Diaos can always be found in his car so he can keep an eye out and crimefight the lurking thieves.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Car Info: 04 STI, 03 M3, 08 335i, 15 i3
Originally Posted by kitsune713
That's why I always park atop the parking structures. Plenty of spaces, plus I don't have to worry about dings and scrathes... much.

Karl
+1

second level of the parking structure has a few stis and wrxs there. there's usually 2 black stis that park near me (1 wingless), top of the structure has a few too.

top level owns cause no one really parks there after the first week of classes. you do have to worry about bird doo doo though .
Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 PM

Car Info: 06 sgm obs
At night, the new parking garage is only 1/3 full on the second floor, so that's where I usually park. I leave plenty of space between my car and others.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 PM

Car Info: vtak mota
i seee all kindas of subies at deanza... all loud as hell and driivng crazy haha.. im glad i drive my beater to school
Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
You guys are so lucky i go to school in SF. I totally wished i had a cool parking lot scene again like HS! haha maybe ill cruise by and check it out.

Id say the top level of the garage... garages are always empty not that i know about that one tho.

BTW I drive a White RS coupe with Black wheels and mudflaps anyone seen me around mountain view sunnyvale area?
Old 01-26-2007, 11:39 PM

Car Info: 04 WRB Sti/05 Titan
their or there?
Old 01-27-2007, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by kitsune713

Karl

yeah, but no one is their to watch your car. If I were a thief I would be looking up on the roof for a new deck. I would also imagine the traffic getting out from either parking structure can be a pain at times.

+ If to at least avoid the traffic, the back is a prime spot. You only have to drive maybe 50 yards, or less of so, so traffic before you are off campus.

but, yeah People can park where ever. I park their mainly for piece of mind. Today, for Instance I had Friday class, and no one was parked their, but I still parked their anyways.

Quick Reply: De Anza parking