the day me and my suby almost died

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
fooling around not good bro .... and on top of that high gas prices ....... glad u are safe. As the car can get fixed soon.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Page Mill's a fun drive... but that one last 90 deg. blind turn is a be0tch!
Good to know that you're uninjured, and please conserve gas in the future

Last edited by Choku Dori; 05-28-2008 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Me is meck no da sense-ah
Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
dont let any of these old fellers make you think they dont do the twisties on occasion cuz if they do they are liars. just watch it. join a meet and drive or 2 this summer.

there is one on the 22 of june for northbay folk and one on the 29th for lower bay folk. if you have alot of driving to get out i recommend both. i wou;d drop the thread soff here but i am too tired. one is called "the hole crew" or something to the matter of june 22nd drive. the other is nor*cal drive 4 meet/drive in san carlos.

ballz and detailaddict will get her looking like new again.

when you go back to school hit us up i live in the RP area would be nice to kick it with a fellow scooby owner.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
im not an old timer im only 19, but im going to say it: keep the stupid stuff off the street go to the track to get your need for speed out. thats what i do, even if i can only attend a few a year being a full time student i do it because its dumb to do anything else
Old 05-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lurk
So even with a front LSD equipped STi, you could not control and recover from a slide?
Wrx is a lot easier to pull out of a fishtail than an sti. That front diff gives you more grip, but it doesn't make it easier to drive thats for sure. Wrx is easy to drive @100%.......still the sti is easily controllable.

To the guy who posted about just going to the track.

Why would you waste all your money on your car and only drive it fast at the track. Don't you think it's more economical and smarter to just have a good mileage car to get around in..........I mean why have a fast car if you aren't using it?????a total waste
What really grinds my gears (thanks peter) is when someone tries to be completely anti going fast at all on the street, yet he prides himself on his street car?

Hitting up backroads with no other cars around really isn't that dangerous, it's not like you can't crash and get hurt at the track, just there are no innocent people around who aren't expecting you to be out of control. Point being you can hurt yourself at the track to...........obviously if you are around other cars in a canyon road you are endangering them.

sti isn't made to tool around and do errands in.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Wrx is a lot easier to pull out of a fishtail than an sti. That front diff gives you more grip, but it doesn't make it easier to drive thats for sure. Wrx is easy to drive @100%.......still the sti is easily controllable.

Why would you waste all your money on your car and only drive it fast at the track. Don't you think it's more economical and smarter to just have a good mileage car to get around in..........I mean why have a fast car if you aren't using it?????a total waste
What really grinds my gears (thanks peter) is when someone tries to be completely anti going fast at all on the street, yet he prides himself on his street car?

Hitting up backroads with no other cars around really isn't that dangerous, it's not like you can't crash and get hurt at the track, just there are no innocent people around who aren't expecting you to be out of control. Point being you can hurt yourself at the track to...........obviously if you are around other cars in a canyon road you are endangering them.

We don't care about hurting ourselves when we screw around, we only care about not hurting others.
Wait, that came out wrong
Old 05-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
We don't care about hurting ourselves when we screw around, we only care about not hurting others.
Wait, that came out wrong
No I think you got it pretty much right. Heh. I know im taking a risk for myself, but other people may not know the gravity of the situation.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Page Mill's a fun drive...
Don't say the actual name of the road or else mtn cruzr will get mad!!! It must be **** ****!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:40 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
Originally Posted by slow04wrx

You know I agree with your comments here..

You know half of you people have gotten stupid in your ride at one time or another... and for those who have not, more power to you. I aint saying what happened was "right" or "safe" but I'm tired of all the preaching about peoples driving to only see the same hypocritical ish on the street.

10-4
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by KOSTI
You know I agree with your comments here..

You know half of you people have gotten stupid in your ride at one time or another... and for those who have not, more power to you. I aint saying what happened was "right" or "safe" but I'm tired of all the preaching about peoples driving to only see the same hypocritical ish on the street.

10-4
Yeah it's sortuv a joke. I mean you can drive fast, (especially in remote areas) and make it fairly safe. I just can't handle people who preeeeach this, and spend all their funds and time building up their street car to have more horsepower.........it's just retarded...............I'm not saying that it gives you the right to go do insane driving.............just that a fast car has its purpose; going fast......i rather be slightlty dangerous than a tool.

And everyone screws up at some point or another. Plus sometimes you need to make mistakes to learn how to avoid them in the future, not to mention if you learn a lot of car control.......you'll be much better equipped to handle an emergency driving situation............

If you want to know how I really feel this is it;
1)Drive your road all the time, know its bumps that will send you off, or its sketchy areas.......driving it slow to start helps
2)always power out of the turn and have fun that way more so than trying to come in way to hot..............coming in to hot and late breaking is where most of the mistakes are made...........
3)try and drive it often, and get to a level where you feel like its a normal thing for you, you don't get nervous about it because you know you are only going to go at whats comfortable........then you work your way up........
4)always keep the car in your lane, and be ready for other traffic.......
5)turn headlights on (at night I often turn the brights on/off often to avoid a situation where my brights are masking the oncoming cars headlights)

Safe spirited driving is do-able.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRB STi
any pictures yet. i want to see some damage.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:34 PM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
^ Lol
Old 05-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
thanks guys.

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Contact DetailAddict about buffing
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
ballz and detailaddict will get her looking like new again.
glad that you are okay... just remember i-club can be pretty harsh on these kind of things.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 07 Sti aka Subrina!
Glad your ok
Old 05-28-2008, 05:03 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
you forgot the e-brake eh? lol jk

glad that you are safe. fool around on the street is never been a good thing.

Quick Reply: the day me and my suby almost died