Dad's car got stolen at Dublin BART

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:16 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Dad's car got stolen at Dublin BART

Man my dad's '94 525i got stolen at the bart station while he was at work today - wtf? Anybody know if this is a common occurance?

I thought there was like BART police patroling, yet I have heard so many vehicle related theft reports from BART. Never thought a whole car would get stolen though
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
a 94 525i!? sorry to joke, but did they WANT a maintenance bill on their hands?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
stolen for sure? thats a random place to get a car stolen...
Old 08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 wrx wagon
sorry to hear

they have security cameras at the hayward bart... i imagine the dublin bart is no different. i've been parking my car at the hayward bart for the last two years with no problems. i see the bart police patrolling the structure all the time.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
BART security is a joke.

I had to stop someone from breaking in to my truck myself at hayward BART. Then it got nailed at Union City. Lost my brand new top of the line stereo, my custom pool stick and my cds.

Then my civic got gutted at Fremont BART.

I know for a FACT that there is a theft ring that runs the bart stations alternating stations on fridays. I'm surprised they're still at it.

I used to go between 3 bart stations and I'd see from 1 to 3 or more parking spots with glass in them every friday. My cars got popped on fridays both times.

I talked to more people than I can count on 2 hands that got their cars either broken in to or stolen on fridays.

what day is it today??? OH FRIDAY... what time did he get the call... Im gonna guess around 1:30pm.

Its ****ing horse**** that they haven't put this together. I stopped riding BART FOUR YEARS AGO!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:54 PM

Car Info: '03 PSM Wingless WRX
Damn that sucks. Hope you guys find the car. Most likely the dude took your dad's car just for like a joyride or just need a car with gas because a 94' 525I is really not too common to be stolen.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:59 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
Originally Posted by verc
I thought there was like BART police patroling, yet I have heard so many vehicle related theft reports from BART. Never thought a whole car would get stolen though

ya right! those worthless bastards spend more time giving tickets to people outside of the BART lot than protecting BART customers...i've never seen one of those plastic badge bit*hes riding BART or helping people out. that sucks bro, hopefully he will get paid for a new beemer
Old 08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by scoo*B
ya right! those worthless bastards spend more time giving tickets to people outside of the BART lot than protecting BART customers...i've never seen one of those plastic badge bit*hes riding BART or helping people out. that sucks bro, hopefully he will get paid for a new beemer
I got a ticket once for not having visible vehicle identification... my car was brand new and still had the dealer paper plate on the back. I tried to fight it and lost.

I got another one where they said I was blocking the driveway. I took photos of my car and showed that a tank could drive through the space sideways. I won that one.

They're ****ing lazy for the most part and do no good what so ever in the parking lots.

Shoot one time I saw these two girls get into a fight. One ran up the stairs to escape the other one. The one in back grabbed her hair and pulled her backwards busting her wide open on the steps. Then took off running. This girl was NOT small and the fat cop had a tough time tracking her down.

odd fact... my grandfather cut the ribbon on the grand opening of BART. haaaa.
He road the first train.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:18 PM

Car Info: dc2
useless cops... how do they even pass the training programs and onto the real world

so you wanna bring weapons and sit around the bart staking out a few cars? i'm sure we'll get to smash a few theives
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Bart is a joke. Who puts carpet in a vehicle that is 100% for a fact gonna get pissed in? i cant stand that 2/3 speed electric shift noise either...i used to be tossing and turning and that damned noise wouldn't get out of my head.

Caltrain for the win. People on the Peninsula are cleaner anyways.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
I take bart from UC during the week for work, usually have to park on the other side where the new lot is cause of construction in the front. I usually get back around 1am and my car (beater stanza) is usually the ONLY car left in the whole lot. Luckily I never keep ANYTHING in that car in case it gets jacked. I think a couple weeks ago (on a Friday) I came back to the lot where my car was and saw broken glass all over the ground but no car in sight.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
sorry to hear that about your dads car.that whole area has a high car theft rating. one of my dads friends who works for a Alameda sheriff told me that lots of cars get solen from ther as well as hacienda crossing. because the freeway is so close and they can head in 1 of 3 different directions, go up towords sac, down the 5, or west in to okeland.
I think bart has some of the parking lots under video surveillance
Old 08-23-2008, 09:24 AM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
Originally Posted by tecnica tech
sorry to hear that about your dads car.that whole area has a high car theft rating. one of my dads friends who works for a Alameda sheriff told me that lots of cars get solen from ther as well as hacienda crossing. because the freeway is so close and they can head in 1 of 3 different directions, go up towords sac, down the 5, or west in to oakland.
I think bart has some of the parking lots under video surveillance
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 AM

Car Info: nothing
lmao that's why you don't park ur car in oak
Old 08-23-2008, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
sorry to hear man, any updates from PD??

Quick Reply: Dad's car got stolen at Dublin BART