Crush Washer

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Dude, if it's one thing anyone learns from these boards, it's not to go to Stevens Creek...

Go to pepboys, get the FRAM filter... Not the X2, just the regular one that orange with the black grip bottom.

Go to www.fumoto.com and buy the non-nipple valve, and use the washer that comes with it... 15k, maybe even 25k miles, and like 7 oils changes, I am still amazed to the quality of that valve...

Cool?

-Gagan
Old 02-03-2003, 10:58 PM

Car Info: 02 STi
DUDE!!! Same thing to me on Saturady!!!! OMG they suck!!!!

I waited for someone in that frik'n room for 5 min. Then the guy says "oh...parts is over there". So I get the Oil filter, and go back to the "service dept".....wait ANOTHER 5 min. So I go to the little shop to the left and ask this fat guy "hey, is anyone working today"? He stuffs he fat face with food and points back into the "service room". So, I thought he would go in there and help me....WRONG!!!!

So, I wait another 5 min. Go back and there are 3 f'n fat idiots stuffing their faces. So, I say "HEY, are you going to help me or not"!!!! He points agian......but no one it in there. So, I tell this guy to get someone to help me...and he got an attitude but says he will page somone....10 min. later they helped me!!

THEY SUCK!!!! I could have left and had the filter for free!!! But I am not like that. But when I left I yelled and the fat guys eating, and told them they suck and that I will go to Santa Cruz next time....
Old 02-03-2003, 11:15 PM

Car Info: 98RS - Pretty Blue
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, $10 for an oil filter? I would say I can't believe people still go there for ANYTHING at all. They don't deserve our service. If I ever pass by that place, I would take a **** on the showroom floor, but they don't even deserve to be graced with my ****. It is sad that people just don't know. Never go there for anything.

jonathan
Old 02-03-2003, 11:43 PM

TRUST me...I KNOW!!! But for some stupid reason... I broke down as I went by. I thought "it's just an oil filter...how bad could it be?"

Bunch of LAZY, BASTARDS!!!!!!

-freddie
Old 02-04-2003, 06:30 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
Dude, you went to the cashier?
Old 02-04-2003, 07:48 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: silver MIAMI wrx in the bay area
Talking

not sure if you all know about this honda oem filter also fits our subaru. you might wanna check out the fram filter book and compare filter of the subaru and the honda filter. THEY BOTH MATCH, and you can save a few bucks.
Old 02-04-2003, 08:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
dude,

i told you to go to carlsen....

which reminds me i have to go buy some filters...
Old 02-04-2003, 08:32 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
that is ridiculous. I simply ordered a 6 pack of Filters from allsubaru.com for $25.50 and also bought the fumotovalve...

It's enough that I bought my car at Stevens Creek Subaru..NEVER going there for service...EVER!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 96 Chevy Impala SS, 06 GMC 2500HD (former 02 WRX)
Just mail-order the filters....it's easy and you don't have to get close to SC Subaru

Also, do NOT put a Fram filter on your car. They are crap. Worst filtration of about ANY oil filter out there, and that includes the "no-name/el-cheapo" ones at the parts store (which are actually made by Purolator, Wix, etc....FYI the Subaru Filter is just a relabelled Purolator). As for Fram "quality" (or lack thereof), ask me sometime about the Fram fuel filter I had on my Impala SS that SPLIT OPEN (at about 1.5 years old) and damn near burned down the car!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by KnightRider
ya i waited in the service dept before they sent me to parts too freddie. lazy *** bastards. freddie do you have stickers on you car? i saw a black wrx there with a wing(not stock) rims exhaust morrettes, was that you?
No, I have a 22b wing...stock headlights (JDM soon) NO STICKERS!! . Plus I didn't take my car....my friend drove me. My car is too good to be on their lot again. hahahaha

-freddie
Old 02-04-2003, 11:10 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally posted by Impala SS AutoX
Just mail-order the filters....it's easy and you don't have to get close to SC Subaru

Also, do NOT put a Fram filter on your car. They are crap. Worst filtration of about ANY oil filter out there, and that includes the "no-name/el-cheapo" ones at the parts store (which are actually made by Purolator, Wix, etc....FYI the Subaru Filter is just a relabelled Purolator). As for Fram "quality" (or lack thereof), ask me sometime about the Fram fuel filter I had on my Impala SS that SPLIT OPEN (at about 1.5 years old) and damn near burned down the car!
I agree with you on that..NEVER use a fram, worst filters EVER!...and if u have a fram on ur car, MAKE SURE U LOOK FOR THE GASKET...b/c the gaskets ALWAYS will stick when u have a fram filter...

Are you serious about the Honda filters though?

I used to work at honda and i kno all the people at the parts counters, I get those filters for like $3...i'll have to try that out...is it a PERFECT fit?
Old 02-04-2003, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
i got some at santa cruz subaru... for free... in under a minute

Quick Reply: Crush Washer