credit score websites

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:19 AM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
credit score websites

looking to check on my credit score regularly for the next year or so.

any recommendations on a site for a decent cost?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Equifax, TransUnion and Experian are the three major credit reporting agencies. Those are the ones you want to use because those are the ones creditors will be checking you with. The first one is free AFAIK.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I have Credit Karma set up. They show you the scores from all 3 and reasons why your scores are what they are and how you can improve your scores.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
May or may not be what you are looking for, but check out Credit Karma. It's free, but not quite the active credit monitoring program.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I have Credit Karma set up. They show you the scores from all 3 and reasons why your scores are what they are and how you can improve your scores.
All three? I thought they showed an estimated Transunion Credit score, a score for car insurance, and the Vantage score.

But hey... it's free... can't complain. I like how it keeps tracks of my loans, also.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Is it estimated? I thought it was all of them. It still gives you a ****ton of information though. I don't check it very often. But I did check it recently. It is a little slow to update though. I checked it to see what my stuff was like since I had just paid off a bunch of debt. But i hadn't caught the pay off yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Most of the free ones are going to be combined/estimated AFAIK. Good indicator of your standing, but not details. If you want specifics, get the free one from each of the major agencies ONCE a year. I have a service through my credit card - I pay for it, but if ANYTHING posts to my credit, they send me notification whether it is good or bad. Only have it because I had some tard steal my number and max it out in a few days before I noticed. Was a big hassle to get it fixed so they offered me the service free for a while.

Last edited by 04GG; 04-10-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:21 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX Wagon, 06 Forester XT, 99 Legacy Sedan
Depends on what you are doing this for.

If it is JUST to make sure that the information is accurate and you are made aware of new inquiries, accounts ect, then use creditkarma or the three bureaus.

If you are trying to bring your credit score up myfico.com is the only website (that I am aware of) that can show you an actual FICO score which is what lenders and banks use.

Any other score other than a FICO is not a representation of where your FICO score would come in.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Is it estimated? I thought it was all of them. It still gives you a ****ton of information though. I don't check it very often. But I did check it recently. It is a little slow to update though. I checked it to see what my stuff was like since I had just paid off a bunch of debt. But i hadn't caught the pay off yet.
Yeah, it is estimated, but with that said... it's really close. We are talking about within a few points. And yeah... the tools are super helpful. You can simulate scenarios and how it'll affect your credit score. It keeps track of your credit cards and loans and stuff. And yeah...
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I used to use freecreditreport.com (not free). It was a good tool in general but a bit expensive so I switched to credit karma. The tools are not as detailed and nice but it is indeed free.

-- Ed
Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 0[[XXXXoXXXX]]0
Originally Posted by chochocho
looking to check on my credit score regularly for the next year or so.

any recommendations on a site for a decent cost?
If not too late (already got your yearly free report from all 3 agencies), put it on your calendar to get a free report (not score) from one of the 3 bureaus every 4 mos. so you can most likely catch stuff that's no more than 4 months old. then repeat ad nauseam. then do a FICO score yearly or if something comes up during the year.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Unfortunately, the law requires creditors to give out reports for free once per year, not the credit score. If you want a compiled website where it has all 3 reports, annualcreditreport.com makes it really easy to check all 3 sites; experian, transunion, and equifax. However, remember, these are not scores, they're just reports.

Don't have any experience on getting my FICO score, which is what almost everyone uses when they get your credit score.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Car Info: 91 legacy, 87 mr2, 17 forester xt
thanks everyone. i downloaded the credit karma app as a start.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:28 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by 04GG
Equifax, TransUnion and Experian are the three major credit reporting agencies. Those are the ones you want to use because those are the ones creditors will be checking you with. The first one is free AFAIK.
Yea, first one from each one is free annually. So what I do is use one per 4-6 months and keep them on a rotation. I dont know if they actually show a FICO number, but they do show all credit and if anything is bad
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM

Annualcreditreport.com

Quick Reply: credit score websites