crazy bofa story

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
crazy bofa story

a friend of mine banks w/ bofa.

SOMEONE jacked his account from his bank. how much? enough to get brand new wheels/tires for for a basketball team. (rotas ofcourse, don't be silly)

emptied it out.

he did everything over the phone. he was even able to change the contact # to some pay as you go, cell phones.

he was able to get a NEW card shipped to where his "vacation" address.

im sure they'll get their money back.

inside job dude.

craziness in the world. K back to work.

-sd
Old 05-14-2008, 01:30 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
****... I use BofA...

Same sort of think happened to a friend of mine though... Luckily he only had $30 in his account, so they didn't get away with much...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:00 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
wow, really makes me think twice about ordering **** online, that's the only place I really see this sort of thing happening. That or like you said, an employee jacking an account.

Most of my accounts are negative right now though so i don't really gotta worry till I get stimulated by the gubmen.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 AM

Car Info: Black On Black Wingless 05 STI
I am not too shocked. If you work at a bank, like I do, you know how easy it can be.

Speaking of, I walked into Wells yesterday to ask about some deduction on my Checking Account. I have this PMA account, supposed to be there highest checking account with all these fancy smancy features but they will charge if you dont meet a balance rating.

Well long story short, I walk in to find out why I was getting charged $25 a month even though I met the balance amount and what not. Check this ish out. I walked in go to a teller, ask about checking account. The teller hands me over to a "Personal Banker", the cats who are sitting in desks on the bank floor.

I handed the banker my card (ATM) and she pulls up my account and starts talking account detail with me. Asking me ish like if I needed to change my address and so on so forth. So I did.. and I ended closing my current account, opening a new one, and transferring all the money from the Old to a New while getting reimbursed for 6 months of checking fees.

At this point you should be wondering why I am posting this. Well, the whole time I did this I was never asked for an ID or any security questions. Nothing. So after I set everything up in a new account, because at this point I am trying to see how FAR I can go, I told the bank manager

"Do you realize I walked in with an ATM card, closed an account, opened a new one, and transfer all the funds from the old to the new, while changing my address? This was all without asking to verify my identity?"

Boy that was a pretty scene..

Made me think, how many people do this each day and actually get away with it... I don't even want to know the answer to that...
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
wow, really makes me think twice about ordering **** online, that's the only place I really see this sort of thing happening. That or like you said, an employee jacking an account.

Most of my accounts are negative right now though so i don't really gotta worry till I get stimulated by the gubmen.
i don't want to go in much detail re: this particular scam. but i honestly think its an inside job.

online retailer's don't have information that will allow you to change ship address/ contact #s of a bank account and get a replacement card shipped to some random address.

-sd
Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by suby_dude
i don't want to go in much detail re: this particular scam. but i honestly think its an inside job.

online retailer's don't have information that will allow you to change ship address/ contact #s of a bank account and get a replacement card shipped to some random address.

-sd
yeah, that was a little overboard, what I've always been scared of is someone getting my CC info, and everything necessary to charge to it (CCV, exp, etc.) and something happening. Haha, I'm a dick sometimes to certain people, and it'd be real easy for them to **** with me.

But man, hopefully he gets that **** taken care of...I'd be pissed if I lost a bunch of money simple because some ****tard making minimum wage at a bank decided to go off the deep end...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: e39
yeah I work for a bank as well....and....yeah sounds like an inside job to me. I'll be truthful it's uber easy to change peoples information, from address, pin #'s and ordering cards. I mean we have all your information and most people that work for banks are pretty honest peoples (me) but yeah I know of people that have gotten in trouble for doing just that...Basically changing address ordering atm cards and shopping!!! Most of the time the person is caught though, but whats hard about it is a lot of times banks will say "it's your fault and that you entered the pin #" Unless a bunch of people start coming in to complain that money is missing like in the example I gave earlier...the investigators thought it was the customer that was at fault until a bunch of people started coming in for missing money. (the person that stole the money got hella greedy) ok well that it for story time If you guys need an account or loan pm me! I use to be zoebs personal banker hahaha
Old 05-14-2008, 09:47 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Whole basketball team gottam... starting 5 including bench?!?

I ned to stash my money under my bed
Old 05-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Whole basketball team gottam... starting 5 including bench?!?

I ned to stash my money under my bed
where do u live?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
where do u live?
Yahh... nvm lol
Old 05-14-2008, 10:05 AM

where do u live?
I know.

BTW, how is your gf Al?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
kind of stuff happens with BofA and WaMu all the time. They've "lost" hundreds of thousands of bank account info over the years. That's why I bank with the local credit union.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM

Haha, kind of reminds me of a couple weeks ago. I logged into an online banking system (won't say which one, I've got 3 CC's and 2 Bank accounts, all with different places) and they said due to a recent upgrade in their security system, they were requesting that all customers change their password...

haha, kinda got me thinking...
Old 05-14-2008, 10:26 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by KOSTI
I am not too shocked. If you work at a bank, like I do, you know how easy it can be.

Speaking of, I walked into Wells yesterday to ask about some deduction on my Checking Account. I have this PMA account, supposed to be there highest checking account with all these fancy smancy features but they will charge if you dont meet a balance rating.

Well long story short, I walk in to find out why I was getting charged $25 a month even though I met the balance amount and what not. Check this ish out. I walked in go to a teller, ask about checking account. The teller hands me over to a "Personal Banker", the cats who are sitting in desks on the bank floor.

I handed the banker my card (ATM) and she pulls up my account and starts talking account detail with me. Asking me ish like if I needed to change my address and so on so forth. So I did.. and I ended closing my current account, opening a new one, and transferring all the money from the Old to a New while getting reimbursed for 6 months of checking fees.

At this point you should be wondering why I am posting this. Well, the whole time I did this I was never asked for an ID or any security questions. Nothing. So after I set everything up in a new account, because at this point I am trying to see how FAR I can go, I told the bank manager

"Do you realize I walked in with an ATM card, closed an account, opened a new one, and transfer all the funds from the old to the new, while changing my address? This was all without asking to verify my identity?"

Made me think, how many people do this each day and actually get away with it... I don't even want to know the answer to that...
Good story. So did they change anything?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by KOSTI

Wow, customer service > customer security for some places I guess. My first job was at quizno's and we were told not to check IDs for credit cards because it annoyed customers

Quick Reply: crazy bofa story