Common Courtesy...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by AntiochCali
What are you talking about you racist bag of skin? You mentioned her "Ghetto" accent, What is wrong with you?? She didn't go to a nice white school in a nice white town, that's the way things is...I sware I don kno what you doing dumb white trash, she wuz there afore that old bag.

I'm kidding, but the word "Ghetto" is a trigger word.
Ghetto accents can come from any ethnicity. There are ghetto Asians, just like there are ghetto blacks, Latinos, and whites. However, it is true that when someone says ghetto, my initial reaction is to think black.
________
Box Vaporizers

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by kyoung05
Lines while I'm on foot (i.e. in stores, movie theaters, etc.), meh, I am ok with. Lines while I'm in the car (read: traffic/slow drivers), I get super pissed.
That was one of the arguments made in a stress related psychological argument. Seeing the actual person's face rather than just seeing the car moving around. A lot of this has to do with personalizing and de-personalizing and the scale at which one person judges another without expression, emotion, etc.

Talking to someone in person is totally different than someone over the phone etc. Will Smith's "Hitch" is 100% correct, the person's display of attitude and expression shows a lot during communication.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
That was one of the arguments made in a stress related psychological argument. Seeing the actual person's face rather than just seeing the car moving around. A lot of this has to do with personalizing and de-personalizing and the scale at which one person judges another without expression, emotion, etc.

Talking to someone in person is totally different than someone over the phone etc. Will Smith's "Hitch" is 100% correct, the person's display of attitude and expression shows a lot during communication.
While this may be true to some degree, I also feel that my anger stems from the fact that when I'm in my car, stuck in traffic, behind a cluster of slow drivers, etc. I am more limited in what I can do. For instance, if I'm stuck in rush hour traffic on 101, there isn't much I can do other than suck it up and endure it.

On the other hand, say I'm at the mall and there is a long line at a store, I am more easily and more quickly able to run through several options, i.e. leave, wait, go elsewhere and come back, order it online, look elsewhere, etc.

So, it seems that a large part for me is the feeling of "helplessness," to a certain degree, and not so much the "human" element. At my core, I am somewhat of a control freak, and this loss of control can be anger-inducing. I'm sure it's different for everyone though.
________
Xxx Tubes

Last edited by kyoung05; 03-30-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by kyoung05
While this may be true to some degree, I also feel that my anger stems from the fact that when I'm in my car, stuck in traffic, behind a cluster of slow drivers, etc. I am more limited in what I can do. For instance, if I'm stuck in rush hour traffic on 101, there isn't much I can do other than suck it up and endure it.

On the other hand, say I'm at the mall and there is a long line at a store, I am more easily and more quickly able to run through several options, i.e. leave, wait, go elsewhere and come back, order it online, look elsewhere, etc.

So, it seems that a large part for me is the feeling of "helplessness," to a certain degree, and not so much the "human" element. At my core, I am somewhat of a control freak, and this loss of control can be anger-inducing. I'm sure it's different for everyone though.
Great analysis, everyone is different, that is why politics even exists (which seems to be the biggest problem in the U.S.) How do we take care of people in our nation to be the best.

The argument is how to be the dominating country that the globe has ever seen, and maintain it. We dominate it now, and we're struggling to maintain it.

Militarily, we have the strength to destroy any continent on the planet (if not, we're pretty close to nuking any nation we want). But we're looking for a different way to make the United States of America be the Idol. Be the Michael Jackson of the globe. Besides the pedophile stuff. We want to be the... hero that everyone wants to be.

I seriously think that instead of being a leader to the globe, we want to just be able to control the rest of the globe. It is easier controlling, rather than leading by example.

Just my opinion, the United States has to resort to this, as being a leader was a complete utter failure.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:42 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Slippery slopes are awesome. I love how we went from an isolated incident at a bank to American values to American politics to elected officials to something about military strength. There was even a Micheal Jackson reference.

Maybe the person at the bank was out of line but there are other factors to consider. The person might recently be out of a home or job. She might have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or someone who depends on her might have been diagnosed. She might be hungry or tired. Perhaps she was just having a bad day. Maybe she just hadn't gotten laid in a really long time. This doesn't really excuse rude behavior but it makes it understandable. While the bank employees and the other customers would have preferred that this woman were more patient I'm sure a given person might want a little patience if they were having poor luck.

On a side note, if the rude customer had been fair skinned would you have said "in the background you hear a lady ask a white girl if she is in line"? What if she were Hispanic? Asian? Middle Eastern? Indian?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingClassy
Slippery slopes are awesome. I love how we went from an isolated incident at a bank to American values to American politics to elected officials to something about military strength. There was even a Micheal Jackson reference.

Maybe the person at the bank was out of line but there are other factors to consider. The person might recently be out of a home or job. She might have been diagnosed with a terminal illness or someone who depends on her might have been diagnosed. She might be hungry or tired. Perhaps she was just having a bad day. Maybe she just hadn't gotten laid in a really long time. This doesn't really excuse rude behavior but it makes it understandable. While the bank employees and the other customers would have preferred that this woman were more patient I'm sure a given person might want a little patience if they were having poor luck.

On a side note, if the rude customer had been fair skinned would you have said "in the background you hear a lady ask a white girl if she is in line"? What if she were Hispanic? Asian? Middle Eastern? Indian?
This is an understandable argument. You're racial argument about the racial issue. If the person was such an issue, would it be a big deal that I made such a "stereotypical post" and does it have to do with the psychological issue of that person.

Your legitimate arguments are correct; however, I doubt 99.9% of this argument was the factor. I'm tired of being *****ed and slapped around by black people. I've been mugged in SF, I've been socked in the jaw in high school by a black guy with a group of black guys. I've been hit in the chest in high school by some BLACK guy who couldn't argue with words. As much as I have been picked on, it wasn't by Mexicans, it wasn't by Whites, it wasn't by whoever the **** you want it to be, it was by BLACK people..

BLACK

Why? I have no ****in clue.

IMO I understand your devil's advocate and the rest, but the bottom line is the CURRENT example... Jamie Foxx Defending Michael Jackson as a "Black man, that we shared" and his speech on the BET awards still shows that racial prejudice still exists, and BLACK people are reversed-racial as it is. This is absolutely no fair, absolutely reversed prejudice, and absolutely humanly ****in impossible for normal people to fight. (in exception to the huge ruling about the White Firefighter denied promotions due to their race).

Blacks, browns, yellows, whatever need to understand that things are wrong, and yes they have been wrong, but not every person has wronged them. If they want to take a defensive attitude, then I am waiting for another Adolf Extermination. If they can learn to forgive (as many religions support) then give us a ****in' break, and understand that not everyone is out there to get them.

Last edited by iLoqin; 07-02-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Car Info: 2009 wrx
Really? I know why. Everyone really does know why, but no one wants to admit it because they're afraid of being called racist. But the truth is, stereotypes aren't just made up out of thin air. They're made and solidified because there are living examples who back them up everyday.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
I was just trying to point out the inherent prejudice in language and leading into racism as a social construct. A little more food for thought:

This is absolutely no fair, absolutely reversed prejudice, and absolutely humanly ****in impossible for normal people to fight.
What constitutes "normal people"?

I've been mugged in SF, I've been socked in the jaw in high school by a black guy with a group of black guys. I've been hit in the chest in high school by some BLACK guy who couldn't argue with words.
Could it be concluded that you have problem with men?

Does the term "black" refer to African Americans? Africans? Tahitian? Haitian? Jamaican? All people(s) with dark skin?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:08 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
its obama's fault
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
what you do is tell her to CALM down. while in plain view of the camera, throw your hands up like you're being robbed. then talk some crap which will rile her up. she will start getting angry and waving around all crazy-like.

Footage will show you raising your arms (in fear) and her goin crazy.
there's no sound right?

I assume you're the teller during all this btw and will hit the silent alarm.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:21 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
This is an understandable argument. You're racial argument about the racial issue. If the person was such an issue, would it be a big deal that I made such a "stereotypical post" and does it have to do with the psychological issue of that person.

Your legitimate arguments are correct; however, I doubt 99.9% of this argument was the factor. I'm tired of being *****ed and slapped around by black people. I've been mugged in SF, I've been socked in the jaw in high school by a black guy with a group of black guys. I've been hit in the chest in high school by some BLACK guy who couldn't argue with words. As much as I have been picked on, it wasn't by Mexicans, it wasn't by Whites, it wasn't by whoever the **** you want it to be, it was by BLACK people..

BLACK

IMO I understand your devil's advocate and the rest, but the bottom line is the CURRENT example... Jamie Foxx Defending Michael Jackson as a "Black man, that we shared" and his speech on the BET awards still shows that racial prejudice still exists, and BLACK people are reversed-racial as it is. This is absolutely no fair, absolutely reversed prejudice, and absolutely humanly ****in impossible for normal people to fight. (in exception to the huge ruling about the White Firefighter denied promotions due to their race).

Blacks, browns, yellows, whatever need to understand that things are wrong, and yes they have been wrong, but not every person has wronged them. If they want to take a defensive attitude, then I am waiting for another Adolf Extermination. If they can learn to forgive (as many religions support) then give us a ****in' break, and understand that not everyone is out there to get them.
In the words of a beer swilling redneck : 'Sorry about your damn luck'. Not every black/brown/yellow/whatever is are the people that victimized you. Work out your issues with all shades of brown/black and get over yourself...please.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:51 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
[insert funny race joke]

i'm not racist, i have a color tv

[/insert funny race joke]
Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
maybe she as having a bad day?
no ppl like that generally act like that all the time as if it were their living lifestyle.

i feel sorry for ppl who have to be rude to others and act in that type of manner. i seriously just wanna ***** slap anyone who does stuff like that.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:49 AM
jic

Car Info: 98 2.5rs/94 rx7/04 mazda6/06 audi s4/12 GT-R
this thread is useless w/o vids
Old 07-03-2009, 03:05 AM

Car Info: 06 Audi A3
Originally Posted by STiForFun
What gives you the authority to close their acct? If that's not in an agreement that the customer signs off at, you'd be out of a job. No matter how "ghetto" they are, if they are an account holder they are your client...not some walk in customer at Western Union.

That being said, I agree people OF ALL ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS are quick to play the d-bag role and it needs to stop. It starts in the home & with good parenting.
As a bank employee he has every right to close her account. Read the all the paper work they give when you opened your account. I have worked in a bank for the last five and a half years and there have only been four times I have had to close someones account because of them being abusive to other customers or other bank employees. It doesnt happen all the tim but some times it does and you have figure if the situation can be resolved a different way but if it cant you close the account. A bank can refuse service to ANYONE just like the rest of the world.

Quick Reply: Common Courtesy...