Cinequest

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 05 Mazda 3
Question Cinequest

Who's going?

I was thinking of taking the day off from work for the day of the writer seminar.
Heres what I'd like to see

Friday, March 6th
9:30am - 10:30am • San Jose Repertory Theatre
You will come out of this seminar a changed writer. You will understand at last how to write scenes that sparkle with life. You will be given the litmus test for valuating what you've done and the means to remedy mistakes.

Friday, March 6th
11:00am - 12:00pm • San Jose Repertory Theatre
In just over an hour Professor Richard Walter will identify the three fundamental principles that explain the phenomenal success of UCLA's legendary graduate screenwriting program. Here is a fool proof, shock proof, water proof, money-back recipe for screenwriting success that is one-hundred percent guaranteed. Skeptical? Attend, listen, and be converted.

Friday, March 6th
1:00pm - 2:30pm • San Jose Repertory Theatre
This diverse panel of blue ribbon writers from film and television will share the secrets of their creative process from concept to rewrites and every step in between. Moderated by Barak Goldman, this high-octane panel will inform, entertain and inspire you to mine your own creative gold as we stare down the blank page with the dream of creating a good story well told.

I also got a free ticket for the Film & Innovation Forums: Lights, Cameras...P2 on March 7th
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
where did you get the free ticket? and how much is it otherwise? student discount i hope!

edit: damn dassalottamoneh! so $120 gets you inside to sit in on seminars or something?

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 02-24-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr
where did you get the free ticket? and how much is it otherwise? student discount i hope!
DeAnza film dept. My instructor for my Monday class was giving them out. The day of the writer is $20 for an all day pass.

Ticket Pricing
REGULAR SCREENINGS
General - $10
Matinee* - $7
Students** - $5
* Matinee discounts will be honored to all weekday (Monday-Friday) screenings where film start times are before 5:00 p.m. Film that start at 5:00 p.m. or later will be charged general admission prices.
** Present current student ID at the time of purchase. For tickets purchased in advance, present current student ID to pick up at WILL CALL.
EVENTS TICKETS
Opening Night Event (Screening & Catered Party) - $40
Opening Night Event (Screening Only) - $12
Closing Night Event (Awards, Screening & Party with Live Music) - $40
Closing Night Event (Awards, Screening Only) - $12
FILM AND INNOVATION FORUMS
Individual Events - $10
DAY OF THE WRITER
Full Day - $20
MAVERICK SPIRIT EVENTS $15-$25

Last edited by BoostedB; 02-24-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
Ask them how it is that people write abortions like 'Fools Gold' , 'The Love Guru' , 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', 'What Happens in Vegas', 'Meet Dave' , 'Witless Protection', 'Strange Wilderness', 'Mad Money', 'One Missed Call', 'Seven Pounds'. dammit I could go all day , but you get the point
Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by Lboogie
Ask them how it is that people write abortions like 'Fools Gold' , 'The Love Guru' , 'The Day The Earth Stood Still', 'What Happens in Vegas', 'Meet Dave' , 'Witless Protection', 'Strange Wilderness', 'Mad Money', 'One Missed Call', 'Seven Pounds'. dammit I could go all day , but you get the point
The movie watching masses don't want to think, they fall asleep after 90 minutes, and the women need to think it's either "cute" or "interesting".
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by kYLEMtnCRUZr

edit: damn dassalottamoneh! so $120 gets you inside to sit in on seminars or something?
$120 is for the whole week I believe. To see one film is $10 ea or $5 if you are a student.

I got two more tickets if anybody wants them.

Saturday, February 28th
1:30 - 3:00pm • San Jose Repertory Theatre
The Marriage of Television & The Internet.

Saturday, March 7th
11:00 – 1:00 • San Jose Repertory Theatre
Lights, Cameras...P2