Cheap people stories

Old 01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Cheap people stories

I wont mention any names but we do oil changes and services for a few local businesses. One in particular started getting work done at other shops that offered it cheaper than us (no problemo). We are one of the best priced shops in town.

Anyway they brought in their work van today and the normal oil change on this one takes 16 quarts (diesel van) and I only pulled out 6 quarts from the van. Im debating whether I should even bother telling this guy or just let him get the oil change next time at the other shop again and then replace his motor for him. (not srs)

Anyway people like that really tick me off especially when I know their business is making millions per year profit and they skimp on routine services to try and save 10$ here and there.

Share your stories so my day goes by faster.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
"Cheap people stories"?!

... Does that mean I have to write my autobiography here?!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
"Cheap people stories"?!

... Does that mean I have to write my autobiography here?!
if it helps me pass my day, why not?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
I got a million of them....but won't tell.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:27 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
how about when someone you only knew through going to local meets around the area that you havent seen in almost 2 years wants you to install coilovers and a exhaust for them but they never offered any lunch, beer or cash for doing the install and when you go to ask to get 50 or 100 dollars they call you a dick for asking for money.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:56 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
how about when someone you only knew through going to local meets around the area that you havent seen in almost 2 years wants you to install coilovers and a exhaust for them but they never offered any lunch, beer or cash for doing the install and when you go to ask to get 50 or 100 dollars they call you a dick for asking for money.
Dude brahhhh I told you dawg, You's a dick for asking for money. I mean 100 daymmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? Besides, I tightened somethings, so that means I did work too!!

I got a story of a cheap friend. Ill tell you it.

I once had a cheap friend. He was cheap so every time we suggested to hang out, he wouldnt want to do things that cost money or drive far because of gas. Soo.........

I just stop inviting him to hang out. End of story.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I once told a Sprint Car guy that I couldn't help him (at my old shop) when he didn't want to spend $60 for a new HEI ignition module (old one was worn out). He was gonna go to a junkyard and pull one.
This was on his $15,000 engine.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
One time I had an OEM exhaust for sale. I was 2 hours from home when I got a call about someone wanting to buy it. The guy kept insisting that he needed it that night and called me several times. I didn't care about the money because I needed space, so I called my buddy and said he could keep the money if he went to my house and sold it to that dude.. My buddy called me and said "the guy wants to know if he can have it for $30 since he went out of his way to pick it up". I lol'd in a dumbfounded manner... like "you went out of YOUR way??? Are you ****ing kidding me???" Anyways... my buddy told him no and got to keep the $50. The dude was pissed at me for not giving it to him for cheaper. WTF
Old 01-31-2011, 02:14 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
the best is when you go out to dinner with a group of friends and some people have hella drinks & expensive food + dessert. then when it comes to pay the bill, they offer to split the check evenly with everyone else after running up the bill $100-200 by themselves... haha. **** that. i swear, everyone conveniently forgets about tax/tip let alone remember what they ordered.

or... anytime you sell ANYTHING on craigslist you will get lowballed

item listed for $1500
offer $800 CASH IN HAND! CASH IN HAND

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUu LOL
Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM

Car Info: hopes and dreams
ive been low balled $30 to $20 , i usually get lowballed a good amount say $1100 down to $800 or $300 to $200 , its usually by asian people. oh how i hate my kind sometimes.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I work in San bruno selling phones, we have lots of "cheap" people that want free iphones and no data.... can you guess on who they are?
Old 01-31-2011, 02:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Granted this was in highschool, but we used to do cheap bastards night out. A friend and myself worked at McDonalds, so we'd get free food from the managers. Another friend worked at Soup Plantation, same as Fresh Choice, so we'd get discounted meals. And another one of us worked at Super Saver Cinema's. $1.50 movies, usually they had the releases of new movies a month after they came out. Get in for free, bring our own cup and get free soda and then get a drink carrier filled with popcorn. Anything we could to not spend money.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:17 PM

Dont get me wrong Im all about being cheap and getting good deals. Lowballing is a part of life but when you sacrifice quality by saving 10$ on your livelyhood, I find that pretty retarded.

I mean would you do it if your health was at stake instead of your car?

Last edited by FXTbrah; 01-31-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by soundwave
the best is when you go out to dinner with a group of friends and some people have hella drinks & expensive food + dessert. then when it comes to pay the bill, they offer to split the check evenly with everyone else after running up the bill $100-200 by themselves... haha. **** that. i swear, everyone conveniently forgets about tax/tip let alone remember what they ordered.
QFT, I hate those dickholes.

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I work in San bruno selling phones, we have lots of "cheap" people that want free iphones and no data.... can you guess on who they are?
I don't see anything wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks -- some people just want a phone to talk and nothing more.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
indian and asian is my guess

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap people stories