Changes? Missed-connections? Protests? Catted DP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 11:37 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Changes? Missed-connections? Protests? Catted DP?

Changes - I've been working a ton of hours the past month and haven't logged on since the beginning of July. Whats up with the achievements? Why the hell did I get negative 2xxx points when I logged on? ha Anything else happen in the past month that I should know about?

Missed-Connections - I missed BAM... because I thought it was in September for some reason. oops. Someone want to give me a brief synopsis? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Protest - There is a protest at Civic Center BART station tomorrow (Aug. 15th) at 5pm in regards to BART police disrupting cell phone communication. I'm probably going to go unless I have to work a double shift. Anyone thinking about attending? Here is the info: Protest BART's attack on free speech and civil rights! : Indybay

Catted DP - Does anyone in or around Vacaville have a catted DP laying around that I can borrow for my smog check? I'll buy you a 6 pack.

Thanks
-Rob
Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Rob, I have a stock down pipe I can loan you. I will be in Vacaville on tuesday
Old 08-15-2011, 01:12 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Turbo Rob
Protest - There is a protest at Civic Center BART station tomorrow (Aug. 15th) at 5pm in regards to BART police disrupting cell phone communication. I'm probably going to go unless I have to work a double shift. Anyone thinking about attending? Here is the info: Protest BART's attack on free speech and civil rights! : Indybay
to bad your side has already lost the moral highground.
BART website hacked, customer info leaked
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by irrational x
Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Old 08-15-2011, 01:34 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe

Missed-Connections - I missed BAM... because I thought it was in September for some reason. oops. Someone want to give me a brief synopsis? The good, the bad, and the ugly.

apparently there was ONE hot asian chick at BAM. so hot she deserved a huge thread (with no pics) talking about one guy's love at first sight.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
^I think he produced no pics or vids sooooo ban!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Hey rob! I think I got more mail here in sc from the hospital again about that billing problem but nothing has come recently so I assumed that was handled...anyways here's what I think of protests

Marsha-Ann Sebay, a Vallejo woman whose personal information was released, said she was furious with the hackers.

"To be honest with you, I'd like to kick their ***," said Sebay, 61, who works in the UC Davis registrar's office. "If you have a problem with someone, you resolve it with that person. You don't punish other people because you don't agree with something.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by old.guy
Rob, I have a stock down pipe I can loan you. I will be in Vacaville on tuesday
Hey. Check your PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:04 PM

Car Info: 335i & S1000RR

Did you go to the protest? Is this a picture of you?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 07 WRX STI
Don't taze me bro!!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Yeah I read about that. I don't agree with Anon's release of private information because by doing that they are being hypocrites. I don't understand how one can fight for privacy rights while releasing private information.

With that said, I have grown wary of BART police and officials essentially ****ting on the rights of anyone they perceive to not "deserve" the same rights as everyone else and having a complete lack of judgement when handling stressful situations. I wanted to go not in support of Anon, but in support of those who have died at the hands or weapons of BART officials.

Originally Posted by papakiet
apparently there was ONE hot asian chick at BAM. so hot she deserved a huge thread (with no pics) talking about one guy's love at first sight.
I skimmed through that thread and was absolutely disappointed that there was no picture.nwhat gives? Can't a man openly stalk a woman?

Originally Posted by slugrx
Hey rob! I think I got more mail here in sc from the hospital again about that billing problem but nothing has come recently so I assumed that was handled...anyways here's what I think of protests
Whats going on Bryan? Hows life? I think I finally have the hospital bill issue sorted. Who knows though! haha

Originally Posted by Four vs Two

Hahahahaha That is hilarious!

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I did not have a chance to make it to the protest. I had to work late... which I'm okay with because I need the money. My dad told me that it's probably best that I didn't attend because I probably would have found some way to get into trouble whether it was for causing a ruckus with the police or talking **** to Anon wannabe's.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by Four vs Two

HELP! HELP! IM BEING REPRESSED!

Yeah I read about that. I don't agree with Anon's release of private information because by doing that they are being hypocrites. I don't understand how one can fight for privacy rights while releasing private information.

With that said, I have grown wary of BART police and officials essentially ****ting on the rights of anyone they perceive to not "deserve" the same rights as everyone else and having a complete lack of judgement when handling stressful situations. I wanted to go not in support of Anon, but in support of those who have died at the hands or weapons of BART officials.
Don't forget, incitement isn't protected speech... and its easy to argue that this is a scenario where the police could enforce a hecklers veto to maintain the peace (see Edwards v SC 1963, and Cohen v CA 1971)... and every time bay area residents gather in groups larger than 15 they start setting **** on fire and getting in bystanders faces...

In almost any other city in the country I would be on the ALCU's side on this but SF and Oakland residents have demonstrated time and again their disregard for the public good when trying to get their "message" out.

Unless, of course, their message is "rioting ****ing rules!" or "lets go burn some cars!"
Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM

HELP! HELP! IM BEING REPRESSED!

Don't forget, incitement isn't protected speech... and its easy to argue that this is a scenario where the police could enforce a hecklers veto to maintain the peace (see Edwards v SC 1963, and Cohen v CA 1971)... and every time bay area residents gather in groups larger than 15 they start setting **** on fire and getting in bystanders faces...

In almost any other city in the country I would be on the ALCU's side on this but SF and Oakland residents have demonstrated time and again their disregard for the public good when trying to get their "message" out.

Unless, of course, their message is "rioting ****ing rules!" or "lets go burn some cars!"
Since when is staging a protest automatically deemed incitement? Where do we draw the line? Do we ban all forms of protest because they "might" get out of hand?
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Don't ban the protest. Ban the people at the protest.

(btw. I'll bring the down pipe up tomorow. )

Quick Reply: Changes? Missed-connections? Protests? Catted DP?