Caught Some Theives Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:24 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Thumbs up Caught Some Theives Today

Just to the North of DBTuned is Pick N Pull auto wreckers.
For years, dirtbags have gone to PnP for parts, through the parts over the fence, and then drive down Plumber Way (labeled Stonehouse Court in picture) to retrieve said parts.

Cops have nabbed one or two bad guys over the years, but mostly they arrive too late to do anything.

Well, not today.

We...friends, including a cop...are at the shop helping me move the dyno.

I noticed an old POS Honda slowly coming down Plumber Way; it's Sunday, no one should be down here conducting business.
The car pulls into the usual driveway where the dirt bags park to fetch their ill gotten parts.

I point this out to my cop buddy, and as he watches the alleged ed thieves, I explain how the dirt bags get their parts; walk down the sidewalk between two buildings, turn right, sneak through a hole cut into a fence, and retrieve the parts.

Cop friend asks if I have any weapons handy, as his car is parked down the street.

I hustle to the old shop and secure two pistols; a S&W .357 wheel gun and a Springfield .45 1911 and my cordless phone.

My cop buddy & I see two males exit the POS Honda and walk down The Sidewalk.
That was our clue that these gentlemen were up to no good.

Cop friend takes lead wit pistol & badge out and heads towards their car.
I head the far end of the building, so as to cover my buddy and to have a straight shot down the breezeway.

Cop friend heads down the breezeway, with me in trail position. He poked his head around the corner and observed the two dirt bags picking up a stolen muffler & sun visor.

After witnessing them take the parts, we hurried back down the breezeway to wards their car.
Again, I positioned myself at the far end of the building to provide cover.

Cop friend instructed me to call 911 and explain the situation to dispatch.

As I call, the two dirt bags come down the breezeway as my friend shows them his badge...and gun....and instructs them to get on the ground.

Cop friend instructs me to come forward to provide better cover for him. At the same time, I'm giving a play by play to dispatch, who is then relaying it to Roseville PD.
I informed dispatch multiple times who the good guys were and that we were armed.
From the time I called 911 to the time on duty cops showed up took about 7 minutes.

On duty cops cuffed n stuffed the badguys, crime scene van followed up, and my friend is looking forward to some more paperwork tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
nicely done! glad nobody was hurt
Old 08-23-2009, 05:29 PM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
Paul is a badass
Old 08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
sweet. bummer on the paperwork. Paperwork sucks.

Pick and Pull has been awesome over the years sponsoring car shows and car events. I hate thieves.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
very nice! Hopefully they don't know you're db tuned i would hate them to do something to enact revenge .
Old 08-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Nice!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:46 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Dirty Harry status. Looks like Paul is a vigilante
Old 08-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Nice work Paul! Was it Rick who was with you?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Car Info: On 2 wheels
Good work.

Sounds like you should have been a occifer instead of working at a shop
Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by RayDZ
Good work.

Sounds like you should have been a occifer instead of working at a shop
I think he would have had to much fun. Lord knows one is only allowed a certain amount of fun in their life.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:56 PM

poor thieves.

Poor thieves....ALLthey wanted was a used sun visor and a crappy muffler.....=( I would pay someone to get rid of that crap from my garage. lol Jk.

Good jobber
Old 08-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Car Info: .
Nice, thieves suck.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Car Info: Nadda
thieves do suck. Too bad they didn't try to attack your friend, you could have had fun shooting that thing.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
hahah, awesome! Good work, and lucky you had the knowledge about these people, and a cop friend with you! Most people wouldn't think twice about someone in a honda, so good work!

This reminds me of when I was about 13 and my next door neighbors truck's exhaust was being stolen off the truck while parked in the driveway! (No pick and pull for them, they go straight to the truck!). Since I was kid-spy and used to have all sorts of spy equipment and such, I called my neighbor (at like 2am) and told him exactly what was going on, told him exactly where they were, what car they were in, how many people, and if there were any weapons. Lucky for us, my neighbor had some shotguns since he went hunting every now and then, and he was also lucky that his brother in law was staying over... They both flanked the bad guys with two shotguns while I was on the phone with 911... The bad guys had removed the entire cat back and had a jack set up on the pass side (out of my view) and were planning on taking the wheels too and had already removed the lug nuts, all they had to do was remove the actual wheels once they were jacked up.

As they were doing all this my neighbor and his brother in law flanked them with my neighbor coming out of one side of the backyard and his bro in law coming out of the other and sneaking up on them. I had confirmed that no one else was in the car and that it was just them two, so they had full reign on the bad guys.

I remember the bad guys being on the ground face down with their hands straight above their heads with my neighbor's lodging their feet on the upperback/lower neck area and they were like that for a good 10 mins almost.

The cops finally showed up and even though my neighbor had his guns down in the bed of the truck and out of sight, the cops drew guns on my uncle and his bro-inlaw and put everyone in an arm bar until they figured out who was who even though I told them over and over that the large tall white guys were the good guys and that the tiny hispanic guys who looked like teens were the bad guys... It was very clear what the diff between them was, but regardless, the bad guys were caught and I had a story to tell!

How was your adrenaline and everything Paul? Were you guys calm and everything? Who else was there? Did you guys have anyone backing you up as witnesses? (just in case).

Who were the suspects? What did they look like? what age? What ethnicity? What sort of style of clothing/etc?
Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Also, who had the 1911?

Quick Reply: Caught Some Theives Today