California Police Street Racing Training Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2003 WRX / 05 TAHOE
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
It's not really the government or any type authority that's at fault or what not... it's the people that street race! They're the problem, not the effort in saving lives! I've always seen threads like this and always hate the authorities, when actually dumb people that street are the cause of all this, THEY'RE TO BLAME!

Whether we like it or not, people are too dumb to realize that they're affecting other enthusiasts, therefore, cannot have the piece of mind to be able to drive without getting bothered even when driving under normal conditions due to a alleged modified part.

I totally agree with you.

Last edited by JON MACIAS; 03-12-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:04 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
I can't wait for people to take this to court as discrimination. Just because a car is modified (tint, wheels, etc.) does not mean they use it for street racing.

Edit...I do not agree with the above statement. The street ricers aren't screwing you, the government is, and we let it get this way. If they aren't going to blame it on street racing, they're going to find something else to call it. Most of the time it is under the name of "safety," when in fact, it has nothing to do with it. It's all revenue and control.

Last edited by slvrsubywgn; 03-12-2006 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:04 PM

Most of the street racing accidents that I've seen on t.v. have involved stock looking mustangs, or some hunk of junk that hasn't been modified.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:23 PM

Car Info: A Moose
What a silly video...

To keep the stealth factor, I painted my exhaust black since the shiny stuff easily gets their attention.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Troll

Car Info: 2003 WRX / 05 TAHOE
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Northwest Tan]What a silly video...

To keep the stealth factor, I painted my exhaust black since the shiny stuff easily gets their attention.[/QUOTE ]

I painted mine too couple months ago
Old 03-12-2006, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: looking for a gc
go to the dmv and buy the cvc handbook... it helps a lot when they try to give you a ticket... i've had to use it several times in past.. and worked everytime, cause i try to make sure that anything exterior wise is within code, besides my tint.. YEE YEE!!!
Old 03-12-2006, 05:21 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
Originally Posted by stg2lgcy00
Glad all I have to do if I get pulled over is point to my BAR label and I'll be on my merry way.
Same here! :rotfl: Thanks LIC
Old 03-12-2006, 07:41 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
haha funny video, that doesn't help too much on determining what is a legal modification
Old 03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by excel
haha funny video, that doesn't help too much on determining what is a legal modification
That's the whole point. It's up to the descretion of the cop. It's totally wrong.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
That's the whole point. It's up to the descretion of the cop. It's totally wrong.
true

It's gonna really suck when Cali decides to be the first state to ban anything that didn't come stock. I hope that never happens.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
o no.. they gonna pull me over for my i-club sticker!
Old 03-12-2006, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 1990 turbo miata
lession learned... run a front plate and dont get pulled over lol
Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
It's not really the government or any type authority that's at fault or what not... it's the people that street race! They're the problem, not the effort in saving lives! I've always seen threads like this and always hate the authorities, when actually dumb people that street are the cause of all this, THEY'RE TO BLAME!

Whether we like it or not, people are too dumb to realize that they're affecting other enthusiasts, therefore, some of us cannot have the piece of mind to be able to drive without getting bothered even when driving under normal conditions, for having a simple decal or any type of alleged modifications.
I agree with you too, thats why in the thread titled "street racing loophole????" I linked to the thread about the modification crack down and flat out told the kid he, and people like him are directly responsible for the modded car crackdown
Old 03-12-2006, 10:16 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
Just absolutely horrible!! We need to UNITE, enthusiasts are paying the price for stupid *** people, I would say kids, but a lot of the peeps are mid 20's to mid 30's as well. I am going to be contacting the ACLU and see as to what kind of things we can do to protect our rights, this is getting out of hand, hmm my STi wind is deemed "Street Racig Mod" go figure, lol!!!!!! Cops are allowed to lie to you point blank, but if we lie to them it is a crime, go figure.;( I have yet to have a run in witht he law since I purchased my STi 3 months ago now. I hope more people will work together to get this bs to stop. I will have more to say later, I am way tired right now.

-Gio
Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
who want to trade thier borla hush for my greddy evo2 haha. this video scares me.

Quick Reply: California Police Street Racing Training Video