BIG DOGS GRILL meet - Friday June 13th!-San Jose

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 03:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
BIG DOGS GRILL meet - Thurs. June 12th!-San Jose

EDIT: Parking Update!

Hey everyone, I am gonna attempt to get another meet together for Friday Nights.....starting June 13th, yep, thats Friday the 13th!
Its gonna be at a "Hot Rod Grill" called BIG DOGS, in South San Jose, (Camden Area). My brother and all of his Hot Rod/Classic Car buddies get together there on Tues. nights....and The owner of the place was totally ecstatic when I told him I was gonna try and get my "Subie Buddies" to meet there. The owners LOVE catering to Car Clubs. So anywayz, here's the details....Please lemme know who is interested....

When: Starting Thurs. June 12th @ 6:30 or 7:00-9:30PM
Where: BIG DOGS GRILL
1401 Foxworthy Ave.
San Jose, CA 95118
(corner of Cherry and Foxworthy)
Who: Any and ALL Subie owners reguardless of Model, Most likely a concentration of WRX's, but all are welcome!
Why: Why Not....try out a new meeting place, eat some great food, hang out and talk to fellow subie enthusiasts, Give some of the SOUTH BAYers somewhere "close to home" to meet. And last but not least......because we CAN!!!

There is Plenty of parking for everyone, and since the owners of the place like to have Car Club Meets, you wont have to worry about anyone complaining.

-Ted (GotBoost?)

EDIT: I spoke with the owners this afternoon, and they said that a few of the other clubs that hang out there on other nights will rope off a bunch of spots right around the Diner. So that means, depending on how many people are gonna show up, we are A-OK to bogart a block of parking spots....as long as they are the ones right around the Diner....
When we decide on the day....I will plan on heading down there early and making the proper arrangements to block some spots off for us...But I will need to know an approx. number of people that will be there so I know how many spots to save.....also, anyone that wants to go a little early to help save spots is welcome!
Finally, come with an apetite and try the burgers at the diner! MMMMMMM GOOOOD! The owners are really cool ppl and would bend over backwards for us...they really love having car clubs come and hang out at the diner...and if we hang out there alot, (like we do at UCKK) they even will play music for us!
Attached Thumbnails BIG DOGS GRILL meet - Friday June 13th!-San Jose-bigdogsmapimage.gif  

Last edited by GotBoost?; 06-05-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sounds pretty cool. I might hit that up.
Old 06-03-2003, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Cool, and anybody that wants some 100 octane, it's right on the corner of Foxworthy and Almaden.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:10 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
nice, only like 5-10 min from my house.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

cool, I talked to the Owners earlier today, and when I mentioned it to them (its a mom and pop type place) They were all excited about having us....sometimes they even bring their cameras and take pics of the cars and put them up in the restaraunt!

-Ted
Old 06-04-2003, 08:50 AM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
Car Info: Midnight Black WRX - Lots O Mods
I am all over that. 5 minutes from my house. Great idea and a cool location. Ryan from SPI Motorsports (Irvine Subaru) will be with me that night.

Cheers,

B
Old 06-04-2003, 08:53 AM

Location: "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
By the way, there is a great Mexican joint and Italian place in the same shopping center.

Plus, 100 octane is right up the street.

Ben
Old 06-04-2003, 10:57 AM
VIP Member

About the Date Change....

The Big Dogs owners said that we can still come on Friday June 13th if we want, but the parking lot is usually really full on fridays....so I decided to change the date to Thurs. June 12th.....UNLESS, everyone wants to chance it and stick to Friday's Date.

So tentatively we have 2 potential dates.....depending on what everyone wants to do:

Friday June 13th
OR
Thurs. June 12th

I guess if we REALLY wanted to, we could go BOTH days and check it out..... I might do that anywayz, just to check out the parking situation on Fridays.

Any feedback would be good.....

-Ted
Old 06-04-2003, 11:07 AM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
right on.. a meet close to my house. I will be there and I vote for Thursday night!

lndbrusr
Old 06-04-2003, 11:09 AM

Just my 2 cents but let's try to keep it on Friday the 13th. I can always roll out there a little early and reserve some spots. Will the owner let us cone off some parking spaces? If it is too busy then we can move it to Thursday the following week.

Cheers,

Ben
Old 06-04-2003, 11:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lndbrusr
right on.. a meet close to my house. I will be there and I vote for Thursday night!

lndbrusr
[/QUOTE

Selfish I know, but the reason I voted for Friday vs. Thurs is because I have hoops games in Palo Alto on Thurs nights. One way or another I will try to roll out.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:05 PM

Car Info: '21 STI
I'm down to go. Thursday will be better since it won't be as busy.
Old 06-04-2003, 04:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally posted by moreHP
Just my 2 cents but let's try to keep it on Friday the 13th. I can always roll out there a little early and reserve some spots. Will the owner let us cone off some parking spaces? If it is too busy then we can move it to Thursday the following week.

Cheers,

Ben
I will check into that and let you know....but what it will boil down to is Majority rule....

so far:

Thurs. = 2
Fri. = 1
Old 06-05-2003, 01:57 AM

I am completely cool with whatever the group selects. Either way, it will be nice to have a meet in the South Bay
Old 06-05-2003, 06:36 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
check it out

ill show up for a while, befor i head out for some go-cart racing.

will anyone have a cell reader. that would be nice?

Quick Reply: BIG DOGS GRILL meet - Friday June 13th!-San Jose