BAM XII: APPRECIATION Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:38 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by ipozestu
We dodged a bullet yesterday, thanks to everyone who manned up and pitched in to make this event go off without a hitch. It appears as though everyone had a great time. Everyone got home safe and sound. Hopefully the costs of throwing this together in less than 24hrs can be recovered. Shout out to "The Dawg House" for coming through in a pinch and helping feed the hungry. Thank you to all the vendors who provided items for the raffle and those that purchased raffle tickets. Congrats to those who won. Red shirts nice job. Clean up crew thank you for helping to leave it like we found it. See you all next year.
Yea, thanks for stepping up and manning the grill and the raffle Jeff. Me and Ray were trying to figure out how we were gonna get everything done.

Big props to Ray for taking this on. It wasn't easy. Especially with the last minute delays and the food trucks backing out. "The Dawg House" was great.

It was a successful meet, it seemed everyone had something to eat and everybody seemed happy.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 07 STI Built/Widebody/E85/Rotated GTX3576 13 Fozz
I have to agree about the "The Dawg House". Dude was super friendly and the food was great. Really impressed he was able to get up there at the very last minute.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:55 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
yes. thanks to everyone from Dsav408/leads to Onemanarmy for making this a success. had a great time and love the drive up. i recently moved to ssj and didnt think there was any decent hill driving around. but after yesterday, i may find myself enjoying the hills up to mt hammy
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 AM

Car Info: 2015 WRX Limited (sold 2009 WRX beast)
Seriously would not have happened with out everyone helping out. Ray and the others who stepped up and took on this challenge, especially for a good cause, deserves a good pat on the back.
There were a few hiccups along the way but non the less everyone had a good time.

Applauds go to the vendors and companies donating their time and raffle items to really support the subie enthusiast group. It sure is hard to give away things in this economy but you really show how to give back to the community.

I had a blast! Was my first BAM, and will look forward to next years. Wish the event lasted long tho :/

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Jeebus! Y’all came thru BIG TIME! Thanks for all those in attendance. You made Mt. BAMmy what it was! Wish I didn’t have to bounce for the main part of it. When I came back, I heard everything went really well considering so many last-minute obstacles.

To all the volunteers -- pre-designated or otherwise, thank you so much!

Mucho props to Ray (OneManArmy). I cannot say enough how much we appreciate the time, effort & more that you put in to “set the table” for all of us to have the event we had. Burning the midnight oil for a couple weeks straight along w/ sacrificing family time to make the things happen that needed to, you deserve at least a bedazzled title. “General Pimpin’” looks kinda plain. Plus, the shirts & hoodies came out sick! Not bad for a 7am pick-up on the day of.

Justin (bluwrxwgn) – You da man, too. As Ray’s executive officer (Make it so, Number One.), you stepped up everywhere that was needed & kept things rolling. I know we didn’t plan to do shirt distribution prep yesterday morning, but that was major task knocking out w/ Ray right fr: the get-go.

The 2 Steve’s (XxSti05xX & Steven@Coach) – Y’all did an awesome job as w/ parking as Justin & I were pulled for other things. Then, y’all stepped in to man check-in and eventually food payment. Much mahalos to Team Triple Duty!

Matt (tecnica tech) – Car show organizer extraordinaire! Awesome work, brah. The set up was slick. We appreciate all the prep work you put in over the last few weeks. I’m sure it wasn’t easy , but thanks for spearheading such a big part of the event.

runboyrun or OneMMAFighter -- Didn’t get a chance to meet y’all which seems to have been a good thing. Just means that we had little to no issues in terms of problems y’all might have been pressed into action for.

Norcalbmxer4u (sorry, I forgot your name) & Anthony (xhengmanx) – Props for working the crowd to sell tix as well as at check-in. We had such a deserving cause this year, so y’all were a HUGE part of why we did all this!

BrendanTheGreat & youngsubi3 – Didn’t get to meet y’all either, but looks like we weren’t quite ready for y’all. Too bad Ray & Justin didn’t send y’all to me. I woulda found something for y’all to help w/ for a bit.

Hideo (Heedz) – You came up big, my bruddah. First, thnx for coming earlier than you needed to. You & your buds were a big help unloading my wgn. Second, for stepping in w/ food prep & svc line management. Top off that you were even did clean-up you were slotted to do. Oh, and sorry abt the cooler lid, man. Gotta McGyver that w/ some white duct tape!

Walker (queeg9k) & your band of merry clean-up boyz – Great idea w/ the insta-garbage bins. When I came back up before sundown, the place looked spotless! I don’t think I mentioned it, but SCHWEET noggin-lid, bruh. The real topper was coming thru w/ guy w/ the hot dog stand, who by the way, deserves his own accolades so pls let him know for us.

The Dawg House -- You rock for coming thru in our hour of dire need. I heard it was some tasty grub. My only regret yesterday was that I didn’t give $ to someone in line to get me a bacon-wrapped dog while I was in doing my thing.

And now for the HUGE kudos to y’all on the “unofficial” list of volunteers.

Jeff (ipozestu) – The mutheffin’ Grillmaster! What can we say but THANK YOU, THANK YOU & THANK YOU. We are indebted for the key role you took on w/ getting mouths fed. Pls tell Rachel “Thank you” loudly 3 times as well.  Thanks for MC’ing the raffle, too. PA system?!? We don’t need no stinkin’ PA system. LOL Thanx for your pipes during impromptu announcements. That last bit actually goes for a few peeps.

Glen (glenspen) – All the legwork w/ calls & whatnot, then input during The 11th Hour Food Plan. You stepping in so I could leave was HUGE, too, sir. Awesome to formally meet you. As I mentioned, I did hang out w/ you for a bit @BAM ’09 (I think) w/ Jeff, Ray & the rest of the boyz. P.S. You're such a "clown."

Gagan (joltdudeuc) – Glad to finally formally meet you, too. We woulda been screwed w/o buns & grillin’ tools! Thanks for the other behind-the-scenes help for and with Ray, too. I’m stoked to see what we come up w/ more than 2 months to throw together. If this year was an extra innings walk-off homerun, next will be… I don’t even know what I can compare it to. What it will rock!

Al (03_Impreza_Al) – Thanks for stepping in to assist at check-in & the food svc line. Thanks for the tow-ride up toward the entry gate.

The chica that helped w/ food prep – My bad for not getting your name, but you were a tremendous help to Rachel in such a vital component of the event.

Mini-megaphone guy (Yeah, I forgot your name, too.) – Thanks for that when us small-voiced peeps needed to bust out some info to the crowd.

Thanks to the 2 fellas who helped move EZ-up fr: the check-in area to the grill. Y’all are good peeps!

Thanks to those who loaned us coolers & brought ice, especially to kwiksilverwrx for the rolling one. I ended up using it to pass out H2O since we were running behind w/ the food. I would have used my own roller but it was already full of pop. Hope y’all didn’t mind. As I was doling out the water, I tried to keep my eye out for your husband who brought it over to me. Sorry that I don’t remember your name or didn't catch your handle.

There are countless others who pitched and have forgotten to mention, but our sincerest gratitude to you all. Without members like y’all offering to contribute in any way you could, we certainly could not have come close to making the day what it was.

Last but not least, to all the VENDORS. Without your support & the awesome raffle prizes, we have no annual meet. Our community is so awesome mainly because we have such great sponsors to rely on for events like this as well as for the services you provide & products you offer. A million THANKS once again!

Sorry for the wall o’ text, but I wanted to be sure I thanked you.

C/N: Thanks for coming out to support a great cause. Thanks to Ray & all the volunteers. Thanks to the vendors & sponsors.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:52 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
good times!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 AM

Car Info: 2010 WRX SWP Hatch
was my 1st one and definitely a fun one at that. met some cool people and had a great time! thanks to all your hard work!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I think I've been banned... I keep getting security token errors.

I'll get back to you all soon. I'm slammed right now.

In short... I'm one dude. I drove one car up the hill.

You guys filled the lot. The vendors made it off the hook (huge raffle). And every volunteer up there went above and beyond. You all made it happen.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Special shout out to Ed aka soggynoodles.

If you guys saw half the **** I PM'd or emailed to this dude you'd laugh. Seriously brotha. Thanks for letting me vent. LOL!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Big ups to Daniel Lee for fronting the cost and doing the legwork on the site! And of course for listening to my rambling.

Wish you were there Dude. You would been proud. Good lucky with tough mudder.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 PM

Car Info: DGM BRZ
Wanted to give a big thanks to all of the vendors for showing up, showing their support and donating to the raffle, and even those that didn't show up for whatever the reason. Big thanks to everyone that went out and bought raffle tickets as well and helped volunteer. Whoever got the hotdog vendor to come out, huge thanks. And last, but not least, OneManArmy, for putting this together and making it successful. Sounds like everyone really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I was late and wasn't able to purchase anything, including raffle tickets, but oh well. I'm really glad it went back to Mt. Hammy. One last thanks for the shirts and hoodies as well. I love the design!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:27 PM

Car Info: 2002 subaru wrx
Big thanks to ray, vendors, and volunteers! This was my first BAM and I will be coming every year now ! Its nice to see everyone get together, plus I cruised down with the Sac caravan which is a group of nice people!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
as much as i appreciate the thanks this event would have not have been possible without every one involved

i would like to first thank all of our venders for stepping up big this year(GST, LIC, Wheel Dude, Speed Element, EQ, MANN, FLI, COBB, Detail Maniac, Njenius Grafixs, One2One design and Matthew Basile photography) It was nice to see some of the old venders of years past back out and great to see new ones as well.

Second I would like to thank ray for taking on this event you proved you can polish a turd bro i know this thing a lot more issues year then in years pasted.

Next I would like to thank all of our volunteers this whole thing would not be possible with out you

Next I would like to thank The Dawg House for coming through in a pinch

Also a huge thanks to those of you who brought stuff like coolers, ice, charcoal,… or jumped in on the grill and helped out food

Last but not least I would like to thank all of you that came out
Old 09-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Big ups to Daniel Lee for fronting the cost and doing the legwork on the site! And of course for listening to my rambling.

Wish you were there Dude. You would been proud. Good lucky with tough mudder.
Definitely!

Did you or Daniel get a call from the rangers or did they just look away for us?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:16 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Heedz
Definitely!

Did you or Daniel get a call from the rangers or did they just look away for us?
So far so good. We self governed and cleaned the crap out if that place. Between that and the fact they made more money in one day than theyll make most of the year.

Plus... I we're Not a club and Not for profit.

Quick Reply: BAM XII: APPRECIATION Thread