Old 08-10-2011, 09:18 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah for you...
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by LGT Mark
Kool, thanks for posting that.. congrats everyone! Maybe I should have just gone for dirtiest car, so many nice rides!
Guarantee my car was dirtier. I only saw one car close to as dirty as mine and it was parked next to me.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 AM

Car Info: Eq tuned Dom3 xtr 2T Ruckus 2012 Zx6r
Congrats to all the winnners. Hopefully theres more cars next year in the show. More 06 and up, not to many this year.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by WRXBOOST10
Congrats to all the winnners. Hopefully theres more cars next year in the show. More 06 and up, not to many this year.
You coming out tonight?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:43 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by WRXBOOST10
There is an easy solution to that.

You have a section set aside for the "online" submitted cars. Then you have a separate set of awards for EVERY car there.

We do car shows with 400 cars and what not. Clubs will build their own trophies and walk around and vote. For this kind of set up why not have each vendor go around and vote.

So you'd have a few awards... not 15... for the online entrants. Those get the special parking. Those cars are eligible for a select group of awards. Then you have another set that includes ALL the cars in the lot.

Can be staff favorite, Vendors choices, farthest drive. Etc.

That will help everyone that drove out there and spent time and money on their cars feel involved. It doesn't really take that much time to walk around and check out all the cars. We do it at MUCH larger venues...

I still think Kelly Park in SJ is a sweet venue. Grills on site. It's a park. Mad mad parking for entrants and walk ins. Etc.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

You have a section set aside for the "online" submitted cars. Then you have a separate set of awards for EVERY car there.

We do car shows with 400 cars and what not. Clubs will build their own trophies and walk around and vote. For this kind of set up why not have each vendor go around and vote.

So you'd have a few awards... not 15... for the online entrants. Those get the special parking. Those cars are eligible for a select group of awards. Then you have another set that includes ALL the cars in the lot.

That will help everyone that drove out there and spent time and money on their cars feel involved. It doesn't really take that much time to walk around and check out all the cars. We do it at MUCH larger venues...

I still think Kelly Park in SJ is a sweet venue. Grills on site. It's a park. Mad mad parking for entrants and walk ins. Etc.
I like that idea
Old 08-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Interesting points there
Old 08-10-2011, 11:22 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

thats not a bad idea there was going to be a venders pic but we ran out of time this year and i will be narrowing down the awards next year if i do it again.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Ya that was a lot of work for you guys having to judge them.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Yeah... all you have to do is print out a bunch of little cards. The cars get one when they pull in. Prenumbered. All they do is right there name on the card and the screen name.

Then when they're picked for something that number/name combo is called up. If you leave before the awards are giving out you loose out. Someone else gets the pick. It's a killer way to get accurate car count for the event as well.

If the vendors do it maybe they can do a shirt/sticker prize back of their choice for their choice. Could be just a shirt or hat or whatever they feel like throwing down if they want to try to out do eachother. LOL!

For the staff pick maybe you get some i-club stickers and a free event shirt and a tag under your user name for the next year...
Old 08-10-2011, 11:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
i will also have the car show cars show up earlier so i can park them early and get the jugging started it took a little longer then i thought it would this year because some car show guys showed up late also next year i will not be a judge to hard to run around and organize this thing already and judge the cars. also this will allow me to answer ? the people in the show have
Old 08-10-2011, 11:43 AM

Car Info: Eq tuned Dom3 xtr 2T Ruckus 2012 Zx6r
Originally Posted by Heedz
You coming out tonight?
Wish i could.. Im on Vacay in Hawaii, Left the next day after Bam.
I was medium rare after the show, now im well done.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
^have fun
Old 08-11-2011, 01:39 AM
vaj

Car Info: 2004 Big Booty STi with a two finger gap.
Hey y'all.... After working an insane amount this week I've finally had a chance to relax with a beer and peruse the BAIC Forum's "official picture thread" and this thread and just had lil something to say.

I'm Dave BTW, the tall, goofy white guy with the whiteboyafro(tm). Owner/Builder of the "two finger gappin," "best of show" Darker Grey Metallic widebody.

The primary reason I entered the car show (first time I've ever "showed" a car) was literally to "SHOW" other people what I had done with *my* Scooby. I'm Dave and I have a problem lol. A Subaru problem, to be honest... The second reason I wanted to enter was due to the comments I received last year at BAM in the parking lot. I got a lot of positive feedback, even as a really new transplant from the Islands. (First BAM... barely knew a soul.)

I also thought that for $20 it would be killer to park inside the event as well (to be 100% honest.)

This car was built on an remote island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Only my close friends/family in Hawaii, Noah and Adam at LIC Motorsports, EQ Tuning staff past and present, and Tim Barber @ Infineon have had a chance to appreciate, laugh at, bleed on, curse, cheer, leak test, corner weight/ balance, tune, etc... this expression of my subie addiction in person. I've bled literally, figuratively, and occasionally financially to create what I brought out last Sunday.

I figured the *best* place EVER to "show" my car to people was at BAM. To a group of dedicated, hardcore Iclub Subaru enthusiasts. This is only my second BAM as I recently moved to the area last spring.

I do realize that in a "normal" car show setting I wouldn't have won a damm thing due to the overall condition and level of modification of my car ((chipped front bumper, not slammed, subdued exterior (despite my widebody conversion) stock interior, dirty engine bay, etc)) AND my habit for regularly abusing what I've built with the help of my friends. (Admittedly, I built this car to beat the ever-loving snot out of. I must have told a few people that this past weekend.)

But this *is* BAM right? Not Hot Import Nights or something to that effect.

I was honored and SHOCKED to win best of show and best blob eye at BAM. No lie. I was completely suprised by the judges conclusions. My exact words to the judge when he told me minutes before the official announcements were, "You're kidding right? Seriously?!?!? No Wai."

As I drove into the parking lot and parked next to cars with full Varis widebody kits, sexy blue Volks that made me want to fap one out, sick *** full carbon lipped trunks, uber clean interiors/exteriors, sexy amp- racked trunks etc I thought I had no chance to win *anything* show related...

But I didn't really care. I just brought the car to *show* what I'd done to my scooby.

I really enjoyed meeting some of the owners of these cars. (Hi Anthony/ hengman, Mark, and others!) As I noticed last year... there were amazing rides ALL over BAM. The parking lot as f'n amazing, just like last year. From the pink moustached rs (WINNING) to yellow bugyeyes (soft spot in my heart,) to amazing bugeyes (another soft spot,) to the stanced crowd... (I'm really into the way stanced cars look btw. I even commented in the "Hella" thread about how awesome the bagged wagon with the Tiffany Blue accents and matching fixie were. Love the look!) Would I be able to upkeep/ drive a stanced car on the regular? No... But I digress...

And really, thats not the point is it? To each their own I say.

I'm very happy to be a recent addition to BAIC from HIIC and again am extremely honored and suprised to win best of show/ best blob eye..

I'll bring her out next year with some more new additions. Hopefully old.guy doesn't enter as that car is BADASS! lol

:-)

Last edited by vaj; 08-11-2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: grammar police
Old 08-11-2011, 02:39 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Your car is ubar sexy!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BAM XI car show info