Bam 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by Rescuer
yes exactly i wasn't bringing any drama at all in here hopefully glenspen will let it go..

and yeah, it was BBASM! i was thinking BBAM for some reason. lol

where is the BARF that I know was full of teh drama!

Are we getting too old and we come sensible and reasonable?

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-22-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:11 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by sigma pi
where is the BARF that I know was full of teh drama!

Are we getting too old and we come sensible and reasonable?
old.guy turned BAM into BBASM ! big bay area subaru meet
i'll PM the link to the luls thread so we don't clutter here with it more
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Yeah, Ray. I mean Subaru's got the whole "Share The Love" campaign, but you took it a little too far.

This year for sure we gotta be sure we "Share The Expenses" among the community. We gotta be fair to folks like you who step up to coordinate & organize. It's understandable to front some dough, but no more outta pocket w/o complete reimbursement nonsense, mmmmkay?
agreed if you got to raise the price $3 I am sure its not going to break anyones bank. I mean for a once a year thing......... if you cant spring for that GTFO!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM
9 to 5 mod

old.guy turned BAM into BBASM ! big bay area subaru meet
i'll PM the link to the luls thread so we don't clutter here with it more
I was in that thread I think Edit: Yup i was on the one here and it was linked from here to there.

The FB group and everything

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-22-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by boardoholic
I think Jeff's post is more about poking fun at old.guy/i<3subie, esp. w/ "LOLyer" part.

A jab at Daniel... not so much. But good looking out, Glen. 'Tis sage advice nonetheless.
excuse me? that actually wasn't starting any drama whatsoever
it is in no way a jab at anybody at all

like boardoholic said, and what most others know from the norcalsubies BBAM thread made by old.guy (which was full of luls), my statement is from that luls thread. obviously from you quoting me, you missed that thread..... so please, don't take anything beyond what it is since others who saw the thread know the joke.... because it's exactly that.. a joke
thank you

(plus my quote was a reply to stupidchicken, who understood the joke, and laughed at it which was done with zero bad intentions and completely drama free )
eggzackry
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
agreed if you got to raise the price $3 I am sure its not going to break anyones bank. I mean for a once a year thing......... if you cant spring for that GTFO!
It'll go up a little bit this year.

I'm still trying to figure out where the holes were last year as far as money going south. Everyone got paid back that put money in. I would have gotten all my money back if it hadn't been for the mix up with the shirts.... medium shortage that I'm still dealing with. It sucks.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Perhaps some of the money that would go to charity this year can be set aside for next year. That way no one would have to front the dough for stuff. We would need someone to sit on the cash for a year though. That can get a little hairy. I don't know just a thought.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Perhaps some of the money that would go to charity this year can be set aside for next year. That way no one would have to front the dough for stuff. We would need someone to sit on the cash for a year though. That can get a little hairy. I don't know just a thought.
I put that plan in to motion already. One that will be continued and hopefully if things are run correctly will grow... which will intern grow the event.

I could have pocketed the money but I didn't. I said I wouldn't, and didn't.

All profit that came in from the event got split between two places evenly. Half of it went in to the charity envelope and half of it went in to an envelope to kick start this years event.

Any money I loose because of a mistake I made on the shirts is my mistake and my burden to carry. Not the events, not the charity's.

So that has already been put in to motion and will continue from here on out. My only hope is that we can get more for the charity next year and a little more for the pot to fund next years event.

My raffle and charity push wasn't as good as I'd hope and I fell well short of my goals for our charity contribution. Especially considering how cheap I made the event last year and how much stuff I was able to pull from our super awesome vendors. I was very surprised.

So this year I'll be working harder on the vendor list, raffle prizes and raffle input from you guys. I did the event to raise money for a good cause. That's why I'll do it this year... so we will get more this year than last. We have to.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Nice. I recall you saying you wanted to start a pot for the following year's event. I just didn't know that you were able to set some aside. Like you, I wish we could have made a TON more for the charity. Sounds like this year, we are miles ahead of last year because of the starter funds and the valuable experience we all gained from last year.

Once again, I'm more than happy to help. I'm stoked.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM

Car Info: Galaxy Blue 2015 WRX
^ you are definitely the guy we need putting this event together! Last years was great even though I wasn't there for long. Looking forward to it!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but Ray (OneManArmy) took on a HUGE burden last year & deserves a TON of credit. Like all the other folks who volunteered to pitch in, I was just happy to lend a hand where I saw it was needed.

And Ray, don't get this confused w/ a hand that will be available for any reach-arounds you've already promised.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
I brought my friend and two young kids(1yr and 3yr) to a smaller subaru bbq at quarry lakes last summer.
Surely not the same day as BAM was? Right?
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by glenspen
Surely not the same day as BAM was? Right?
If you are trying to start some kinda drama with this question, I highly suggest you let it go. Try not to make an assumption with my sentence.

let it go glenspen
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
If you are trying to start some kinda drama with this question, I highly suggest you let it go. Try not to make an assumption with my sentence.

let it go glenspen
Some people last year did this or at least attempted it.

Quick Reply: Bam 2013