View Poll Results: BAIC opinion:
Buy a sport bike
21.74%
Upgrade car
15.22%
Save
63.04%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

BAIC opinion: Upgrade car, buy a bike, or save?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:20 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP LGT
o wow is this an arguement now? lol my head hurts and i skipped page 2 too!!

-mark
Old 09-12-2006, 12:07 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
The same reason I didn't put an option to kill all of the apostates.
Us apostates are hard to kill, ha, ha. Besides, for every one of me in my church, a thousand are born to replace people like me every day, which is why this church is the largest.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
they learned from history and created FDIC, in order to prevent something like the great depression and so it will not happen again. i know you dont want to hear it anymore, but the really the smartest thing to do is yes, SAVE IT in a bank. you'll be making money instead of losing it.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:39 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX
Originally Posted by slvrsubywgn
I hope you're kidding, right? Although I don't want to send this poll to Teh Politics bin, all that crap you are posting on this forum is speculation. You are putting your trust in a banking system that you don't even know is true. You don't THINK there will be a GD in the next few years. Well lemme tell you something, neither did the people back when the GD happened, either. You are foolish for thinking you can PREDICT one. If there was infact another one, do you think the banking systems could really insure your money? C'mon, who are you fooling? They wouldn't give a rat's *** if you got your money or not.

That aside, thank you for taking the time to post your input.

For everyone else that brings up, "Why Smitty should put his money in a bank because it's safer," I'm not going to let the bank hold my money. It is against my moral beliefs to charge anyone interest or allow interest to be charged. That's great if you guys do that, but I will not. Did you notice that wasn't 1 of the 3 origional options on this poll? I'm not going to be one of those people banging on the doors of the bank trying to get my money out when the market collapses. (And yes, it will, it's only a matter of time. History has proven that the average expectancy for a democracy is 200 years. What are we at? You do the math.)
I suppose when we have another dust bowl and the majority of the U.S. is unable to grow crops and homes and businesses have to foreclose and the banks get shut down, then I'll worry about my money. The great depression did not happen overnight, there were several earlier events that led to the great depression. Unless you get paid in cash I think you are just screwed if another depression like THE great depression happens. When you get paid, it goe sinto your bank account. If we enter another depression on a large scale you will NOT survive on the few thousand dollars that you have hidden in your house. But, realistically this will not happen unless the U.S. gets nuked. Your money is safe in a bank but you do what you are comfortable with. Good Luck
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Originally Posted by Jakes02
Unless you get paid in cash I think you are just screwed...
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 PM
VIP Member

Location: EBAIC- Wondering if I should have taken the blue pill...
Car Info: 03 WRX wagon type RA
Hey Bay Area, I took some of your advice and sold my car. I have a few extra parts laying around, so I am trying to clean up by selling them. Here's a thread if you'd like.

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...72#post1613772

On the upside, I just received my call today for my 2 year mission! I am called to serve in the Georgia Macon mission. It takes in all of central Georgia plus part of the coast and southern South Carolina. I am super excited and I am supposed to leave on December 6th, 2006! Here's a link to the map where I will be. Scroll down alittle bit on the page.

http://www.mission.net/georgia/macon/missioninfo.php

Thank you BAIC for all of your advice you have given me! I really appreciate all of your help! It's really hard to make (what may seem like small) decisions when I have so much going on. Again, thank you, thank you! You guys are awesome!

Smitty
Old 09-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an "underground-designated covert anti-mission", where you could be sent to instead, where you wouldn't acutally be on a "mission", but rather smoking grass and playing, say, basketball?