bad benz driver meets bad subaru paint

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 12:50 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
bad benz driver meets bad subaru paint

going to work this morning driving along in heavy traffic on 680N, I was not so happily cruising to work at around 50-65mph due to rush hour. well I guess some guy in a relatively new silver SLK 320 decided that he didn't want to wait around like the rest of the world in traffic, and decided to take the right shoulder and turn it into his own lane. he was probably already at full throttle before he passed me up, because i couldn't even read his plates.

now my right fender has a bunch of rock chips down to the metal. due to the guy kickin up all sorts of crap up in the air from the shoulderboo hoo. i dont think this is worth going to insurance for, since they're probably already not too happy with me and my various tickets.

i think maybe i should just save up for a new black paint job with some mercedes paint ( i hear it is pretty strong), and then maybe clear bra my entire car. that way i won't have to really wash it much either haha.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
That sucks man. Its one disadvantage to driving in the slow lane, you get jokers like that who don't give a F and end up blowing past you through rocks/debris/litter. I guess the 2nd lane over from the right is better to be in if its slow traffic and you cant use carpool.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:21 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
Sorry to hear about it. I usually drive in the second lane from the left. that way I am not behind the trucks (famous from throwing rocks debris etc..) also I do not have to deal with butts like the SLK guy. Too bad you did not get his license plate. I believe you can still inform your insurance and I think it is not taken against you. But you can ask.

Cheers

Nick
Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon
Ian I would have blocked the shoulder a lil and honked at him and highbeamed, and flip him off once he passed you. Who da hell does he think he is driving on the shoulder>? My gosh people think they own the streets/ roads or something. I haven't had that happen to me so I've never had to flip someone off. You would have felt better maybe...lol

-Andrew
Old 08-25-2005, 08:53 AM

Car Info: N/A
What's the cost to paint the whole car a new color anyways?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

double post

Last edited by yayitzian; 08-25-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Originally Posted by drew935
Ian I would have blocked the shoulder a lil and honked at him and highbeamed, and flip him off once he passed you. Who da hell does he think he is driving on the shoulder>? My gosh people think they own the streets/ roads or something. I haven't had that happen to me so I've never had to flip someone off. You would have felt better maybe...lol
-Andrew
haha i didn't notice him until right before he flew by me in the shoulder. High beaming wouldn't have worked because I cut people off and get high beamed and I just ignore it during the day time lol

Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
What's the cost to paint the whole car a new color anyways?
i dunno but probably more than I can afford
Old 08-25-2005, 09:25 AM
Father Time

Car Info: This aint a bag. It's a shipment.
before they widened 101 south of San Jose people would drive in the shoulder going south in the afternoon. I would be there waiting and block. A couple ran off the road. ****ers.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

^^ and right about now it's time to hvae some fun.

the king adrock, that is my name, i know the fly spot where they got the champagne.

edit: sorry i saw those lyrics on near your avatar and I had to sing. that is like one of my favorite songs from a loooooooong time ago.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:14 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 WRB Wagon
I was scanning one of my cds in my cd changer in my car and came across that song as well...yeah!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:22 AM

Car Info: WREX
I have noticed that driving in the slow lane will get you into an accident quicker than if you wer e in any of the other lanes. Drivers in the slow lanes are Nutts!
Old 08-25-2005, 01:05 PM

Car Info: Black wingless STi/Black 07 A3/Black 07 C230
hope he picked up a few nails driving like that
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM

Car Info: '05 STI
depending on how hard it sounded like I got hit I would have chased his punk *** down while on the phone with the cops. That would possibly be considered a hit and run? I would have gotten the plate number for sure atleast if not maybe even running him off the road to stop him.

Sucks to hear man.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Underpants Gnome

Car Info: 1.4 Ford Fiesta
Originally Posted by R4ND0M_AX3
before they widened 101 south of San Jose people would drive in the shoulder going south in the afternoon. I would be there waiting and block. A couple ran off the road. ****ers.
So do you take it upon yourself to stay in the fast lane to slow down potential speeders?

The roads in California are a joke, perhaps they should be cleaned up/swept?
Old 08-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Originally Posted by jonp
depending on how hard it sounded like I got hit I would have chased his punk *** down while on the phone with the cops. That would possibly be considered a hit and run? I would have gotten the plate number for sure atleast if not maybe even running him off the road to stop him.

Sucks to hear man.
well my boss doesn't like me to be late to work. and seeing as he was already on the shoulder, I don't think I could have ran him off the road. and if a cop saw us, and saw me(asian kid, ricer exhaust, a variety of illegal crap on the car) vs a middle aged business suited executive driving a benz), i'd most likely lose.

Quick Reply: bad benz driver meets bad subaru paint