Awesome Road near Livermore

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Awesome Road near Livermore

I was exploring earlier today and ended up taking Paterson Pass Road from Livermore out to 580
Really awesome drive; small windy road that takes you over the back of Altemont Pass through the windmill grounds.

Here's a link to the route
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 PM

Car Info: .

Not a secret, but still bad form to post roads like that.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
What the hell is wrong with posting up fun roads to drive?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:50 PM

Car Info: 07 STi EQ tuned / 08 LEGACY
huh sorry to burst ur bubble buddy, but i go that way all the time, thats if u live in mountain house, lol ya its a cool ride but watch out i got a ticket there before being stupid!! there are a lot of undercover and blank marked cops (sheriffs) hiding out. have fun but keep it safe, there have been plenty of people who died there!! i heard of 10 so far in the three years i have lived here.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Overbear
What the hell is wrong with posting up fun roads to drive?
Goons head out there, wreck and it brings heat to the whole area. See Skaggs Rd. for evidence.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Goons head out there, wreck and it brings heat to the whole area. See Skaggs Rd. for evidence.
thats the truth!!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM

not really our problem, if some goon goes out and wrecks, its his fault not anyone here.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM

not really our problem, if some goon goes out and wrecks, its his fault not anyone here.
i feel ya on that, but when some guy wrecks in his subie somewhere they start looking for cars like that , and then the harassment comes. the cops here in tracy and livermore, are pretty cool, they like subies here, the last thing we need is for them to get a bad taste in thier mouths for subies, u feel me?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:26 PM

It actually is, the entire community suffers from heightened enforcement. But, if you like waving to the cops as you drive the posted limit on every backroad you frequent because some fool drove over his ability, then more power to you.

Again, see sportbikes and Skaggs Rd.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:08 PM

Car Info: Fast
Originally Posted by subybullet
i feel ya on that, but when some guy wrecks in his subie somewhere they start looking for cars like that , and then the harassment comes. the cops here in tracy and livermore, are pretty cool, they like subies here, the last thing we need is for them to get a bad taste in thier mouths for subies, u feel me?
I hate to tell you, but our cars are not the new kid in town anymore. Everyone knows about them, and that includes the fuzz.

It actually is, the entire community suffers from heightened enforcement. But, if you like waving to the cops as you drive the posted limit on every backroad you frequent because some fool drove over his ability, then more power to you.

Again, I highly doubt the cops out there are thinking "wow, I am really impressed by the average turbo Subaru owner...they seem really respectful and mature"

Guys, the facts are:

- Subaru owners will represent us poorly regardless of what is posted online

- People will find these roads whether they are posted or now

- Cops will pull us over, whether we tell people about fun roads or not. Just look at the daily "I got a ticket/reffed/harassed" threads for proof

I have had officers tell me that they know my car is fast, and they appreciate when I drive slow and obey the laws. However, they are watching me and waiting for me to **** up. Gotta love small towns!!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
I hate to tell you, but our cars are not the new kid in town anymore. Everyone knows about them, and that includes the fuzz.

Again, I highly doubt the cops out there are thinking "wow, I am really impressed by the average turbo Subaru owner...they seem really respectful and mature"

Guys, the facts are:

- Cops will pull us over, whether we tell people about fun roads or not. Just look at the daily "I got a ticket/reffed/harassed" threads for proof

I have had officers tell me that they know my car is fast, and they appreciate when I drive slow and obey the laws. However, they are watching me and waiting for me to **** up. Gotta love small towns!!
lol, damn that was a damn good write up
Old 03-07-2010, 12:14 AM

Guys, the facts are:

I'm not talking about Subaru's or any make/model for that matter. All I'm saying is posting otherwise low key roads on internet forums leads to problems. I've seen it happen before, a few guys wreck, tons of CHP show up and the fun is over for the next month.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:13 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel

Guys, the facts are:

Best reply ever. Don't think that just because you talked the subaru forum into being respectful on said road, means that all other "awesome road seekers" won't abuse it as well. Be prepared to get pulled over.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 AM

Yea because the cops have enough resources and manpower to patrol every road and every possible spot.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:43 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Lowend
I was exploring earlier today and ended up taking Paterson Pass Road from Livermore out to 580
Really awesome drive; small windy road that takes you over the back of Altemont Pass through the windmill grounds.

Here's a link to the route
I do you one better.

Crème de la crème if you ask me.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 03-07-2010 at 04:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Awesome Road near Livermore