Auschwitz "Arbeit macht frei" sign STOLEN from the death camp in Poland!?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs down Auschwitz "Arbeit macht frei" sign STOLEN from the death camp in Poland!?

I've been to that exact spot and it is surrounded by official buildings, which are then surrounded by miles of NOTHING, so this would be one hell of a feat to pull off, but can you imagine the kind of money that thing would be worth? Most famous sign in the world by far (maybe not to modern youth).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8419948.stm

Although Auschwitz 1 (original camp) was pretty bad, it was NOTHING compared to the systematic killing machine known as Auschwitz 2 (Birkenau), regardless of your religious beliefs, that place is enough to send anyone home with the *******. I was there back in 2006 I think... Regardless though, the original camp was the famous one that was known the world over.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:14 AM

Didn't it get defaced and graffitied with anti muslim propaganda??

have you seen the smoke stacks at the alleged organ harvesting chinese labor camp that are like an exact replica.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Didn't it get defaced and graffitied with anti muslim propaganda??

have you seen the smoke stacks at the alleged organ harvesting chinese labor camp that are like an exact replica.
Whoa, what?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by brucelee
Although Auschwitz 1 (original camp) was pretty bad, it was NOTHING compared to the systematic killing machine known as Auschwitz 2 (Birkenau), regardless of your religious beliefs, that place is enough to send anyone home with the *******. I was there back in 2006 I think... Regardless though, the original camp was the famous one that was known the world over.
agreed, very VERY creepy places.

i lived in germany for 7 years in the 80's when i was younger. my parents took us to several concentration camps, a LOT of castles and palaces, and to the other side of the iron curtain.

it amazes me that people consider our little gold rush towns and stuff out here in Cali "old"...
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Polish Police Find Infamous Stolen Auschwitz Gate Sign