AUDT: Enter the "Chick Magnet" to Subie Sport for Readers' Rides section?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
AUDT: Enter the "Chick Magnet" to Subie Sport for Readers' Rides section?

Hi all.

Do you guys think I got a shot at the readers' rides section in the Subie Sport magazine? My car is just another L. Doesn't make it that much different than any other L, but I think it could win with some nice pics, and the story that I send in with it.

If some chick with a hideous looking bugeye with a huge-*** Subaru decal and body-kit could win, I think I could at least give them a run for their money, too, right?

Someone told me that I had a unique L and that it was really the only one of its kind. Something on the lines that if you saw my car, you would instantaneously know that it was me.

Just want your two cents.

TIA.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:29 PM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
I say go for it man! What do you got to lose, well except for getting your car in the mag, but its not like there is any loss to trying!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by stealthrex68
I say go for it man! What do you got to lose, well except for getting your car in the mag, but its not like there is any loss to trying!
True. I'll have to look into details. I think they want big pictures with it as well as a good description.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
hey kev If you need big pics I can always take some for you by the way if you get in the mag you get a shot at the royal purple ride of the the year and a year supply of oil
Old 03-19-2008, 07:58 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
With the right set of eyes and the right background, you can set your L apart from the others with some great pics. Just do it. I've seen much lamer cars in many other magazines.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:00 PM

I think I am going to do it. There are a ton of great shots. I have a great thread to describe the history of the car. There is the whole "Chick Magnet" story, not to mention the t-shirt that I just put out. No doubt that I'll give them a run for their money.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:05 AM

So... I decided that I am going to do this. I just need some gigantic pictures of my car. I am in the process of drafting up a letter telling SubieSport about my car, and hopefully, they'll get back to me.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 AM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
go hit up jansen. get him to do a photoshoot of your car.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by x002x
go hit up jansen. get him to do a photoshoot of your car.
I am soooo going to do that.

This one rocks.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by tecnica tech
hey kev If you need big pics I can always take some for you by the way if you get in the mag you get a shot at the royal purple ride of the the year and a year supply of oil
I'll see what I can do. I really think my selling point is the story behind the car. I think that is really what makes it unique. The Install Fests, the Bubble meets, the flat tire at Hammy, auto-x'es, junkyard runs, the "Chick Magnet" nickname...

List goes on. I got my whole thread that goes through the history of the car. Fun times. Definitely looking forward to more great times. Tranny conversion maybe? Swap maybe? Upsetting some Evo's at auto-x'es... no one knows...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:04 AM

My letter that I am working on. Need pics now.

Hey SubieSport,

My name is Kevin Bui. I am writing to you today to contribute my 1997 Impreza L to Readers’ Ride in a future issue of SubieSport. I am just a college student from UC Davis who loves his Subaru.

I first became active in the Subaru community two years ago when I attended my first meet in Davis, CA. It just happened that the meet location was a block and a half away from my place. I met a community that spanned the better part of Northern California, linked by one internet forum, I-Club. Members from the BAIC and the SRIC converged on a single location. Countless numbers of Subaru’s. Many unfamiliar faces. And unknown world that I was about to be exposed to. Let’s just say this is where it all went downhill. My life was about to be changed forever. I was hooked.

Fast forward two years to today. The car has drastically changed. It started out a daily driver and groceries getter, but is now a distinct and identifiable figure in the Subaru community. My journey over the last two years has been a unique experience. I’ve met countless people and made new friends. My knowledge of Subaru’s and cars in general has grown exponentially. I’ve had my successes; and I have had my failures. At times, I was as happy as a kid in a candy store. Other times, I was as miserable as… well, you get the idea. But hey, it isn’t so much as the final product, but rather the journey you take.

As for the car… What started as a stock 1997 Subaru Impreza L coupe is now completely different. Two sets of wheels and tires, cat-back exhaust, front and rear sway bars, end links, rear lateral links, coilovers, racing seat, carbon fiber hood, WRX front and rear brakes, rear drum to disc conversion, stainless steel lines, slotted rotors, spark plugs, air filters, lightweight pulley, and the almighty Fumoto Oil Drain Valve.

So many things that I want to say, but unable to do so in such a short letter. I appreciate you taking the opportunity to consider my ride for the Readers' Rides section.

I have a small website where I share my passion to the world. Misc. pics and information and what not. I also keep an online “blog” of my car. Just a journal of everything I’ve done since the beginning.

Please check it out:

Blog: https://www.i-club.com/forums/ongoing-projects-31/darkonions-1997-impreza-l-164365/

-Kevin Bui

Last edited by darkonion; 03-20-2008 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Changes in the draft, take 1
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 AM

Car Info: 1994 impreza L
Right on man! Rep the L's!!!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 AM

Car Info: LGT STI
L Ftw!
Old 03-20-2008, 12:34 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
dooo it! that would be sweet, you definitely have a chance imo
Old 03-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Yeah, I just need some supersize pics to send in now.

Quick Reply: AUDT: Enter the "Chick Magnet" to Subie Sport for Readers' Rides section?