Yep yep yep.

-white ninja wagon-
Ninja spotting?
Old 08-22-2003, 07:31 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally posted by Daredevil
yup

hey huck, i was wonderin if you wanted to drive up to the marin civic center together on friday if you aren't already with a small caravan that i don't know about. I won't be onlnie for a while so gimme a call and tell me what you think
if not ill see you there on sunday morning
No caravan for Huck. I have to pick up my navigator in SF before the Rallye.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:07 AM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Re: Yep

Originally posted by wrexr
Yep yep yep.

-white ninja wagon-
Cool, that was me in the white s14 at the intersection where Bananas is. I would have waved but both our headlights were blinding
Old 08-22-2003, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Buring a new CD for the drive on the 7th. If anyone is interested let me know. Most likely it'll be in the same vain. Maybe alittle more up tempo. I'm going through the vault right now pulling out cd hopefuls. Just purchased 4 new ones today at my old stompin grounds.
1) the Dining Rooms : Tre
2) Damien Rice : O
3) LTJ Bukin : Ingredients #5 (comp)
4) Black Eyed Peas : Elephunk

some good stuff all of em
Old 08-22-2003, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

I'm down. And a little more uptempo is good too.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: E28M5, RAM Powerwagon, Motos
Re: Re: Yep

Originally posted by NZO
Cool, that was me in the white s14 at the intersection where Bananas is. I would have waved but both our headlights were blinding
-I saw you and was wondering what car that was till now. BTW I saw a Enzo at the Ferrari garage on Anderson Dr. today.
Stopped to check it out. First I've seen in person. Guy was picking it up right then.
He also had a S600 AMG.

That thing is so sexy.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:36 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
Originally posted by bushido
Hey Darkstar....Did you take your name from the "John Carpenter- Movie" or is it from the Band. Anyhow it's a cool name. I guess you don't post much. But hey welcome to the thread

rich
No I got it from something a little more like this.
Smaller stars (like our Sun) eventually become faint white dwarfs (hot, white, dim stars). These hot, shrinking stars have depleted their nuclear fuels and will eventually become cold, dark, black dwarfs, or a Darkstar.

And thanks for the welcome.

Old 08-22-2003, 07:42 PM
VIP Member

i knew the technical mumbo jumbo of what a Darkstar is. I thought maybe you took it from other source.

peace
Old 08-22-2003, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

I still like ninjas.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:58 PM
NZO

Car Info: 996 Turbo
Damn enzos are sexy. Life is unfair but at least we get to see it up close living in marin hah.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:26 AM
VIP Member

Come to think of it is saw that Enzo too. I was driving by on my way home (always my route though san rafael on fridays) and i saw a crowd of about 8-10 people standing around a Ferrari with the trunk up. Now that i think of it the damn thing was an Enzo. I wish i would have stopped instead of being in the rush that i was.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
VIP Member

Lightbulb

Hey, a little bit back on topic, have we set a time for our drive yet? Are we doing a morning drive = lunch at pizza joint or a afternoon drive = dinner at pizza joint?

Why do I ask?

Well, I just found out that September 7th also happens to be the Extreme Auto Fest / NHRA Sport Compact Nationals at Infineon Raceway. It runs from 9am to 4pm. Tickets are $25. If we're starting early enough I'd like to round up some people to drive down to the raceway afterwards.

http://www.infineonraceway.com/news_..._2/372862.html
http://www.infineonraceway.com/news_..._2/372859.html
http://www.extremeautofest.com
Old 08-23-2003, 11:03 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Here are the details.

If we want to eat in Occidental we must do an afternoon run.
The West Pole Cafe opens at 5:30 pm and if we were to leave the initial meeting place at 3pm we would be able to complete ourdrive and arrive in time for dinner.
They do not have wine or beer as Bushido noted but you may bring your own.If we are to be a large party I need to make reservations at least 2 days in advance.
If Sunday the 7th does not work due to other events that are scheduled we can push it out one more week or we can go in the morning and skip the meal portion.Everyone just post their desires so we can decide which option we want to do.

Here is the route, speed was kept at no more than 10mph over the posted limit to get a well rounded time for each "leg"....

Start at the Washoe House lot located at StonyPoint Rd. and Roblar Rd. Take Roblar and turn right onto Canfield Rd. then left onto Bloomfield Rd. to Petaluma Valley Ford Road and head north west into the town of Valley Ford.
14.2 miles 15 minutes
Take Valley Ford Freestone Rd. to bodega Hwy. and head east then turn left on Bohemian Hwy.and go to 116. At 116 head west to Cazadero.
24.1 miles 40 minutes.
Turn right onto the Cazadero Hwy. and then right onto Kings Ridge Rd.and head northwesterly to Hauser Bridge Rd taking it until turning onto Seaview heading south which turns into Meyers Grade all the way to Hwy.1
1hr10minutes 32.5 miles
Hwy.1 south turning left onto Coleman Valley Rd. then up and over into Occidental
23 miles 45 minutes

This was a picturesque and fun drive , lots of tight twists and plenty of fine sweepers to boot. Cows , deer , squirrels and Winebagos were encountered but where can you go and not find them?I guess at the "track" with Rexgirl!
Let me know ont he time , and date etc., this is a good route that I'm sure you'll all enjoy.
JV
*Attention!!!* Kings Ridge Rd. is fun but it is a one lane narrow road that is very twisty with more than enough 1st gear hairpins.Caution around moo-moo cows and 25mph residential zones is a must and beware this road will make your passenger sick if you have one..Dramamine is recommended, you have been warned!

Last edited by cohlineman; 08-23-2003 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:13 PM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
For now the date is the 7th of September
The time is 2:45 meet up and 3pm departure with those wishing to meet up at different stages calculating approximate arrival time from the above post.
This is not set in stone so lets discuss it and have fun!
Good night and have a great Sunday!
JV

ps, Thanks again Darkstar for meeting me and doing our trade, I hope you're as pleased as I am!

Last edited by cohlineman; 08-23-2003 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-23-2003, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

Count Huck in for a reservation at West Pole Cafe. Still haven't decided if there'll be a +1 or not. And, meeting at 2:45 works out great. If I decide to go to the Auto Fest, I can go in the morning for a couple of hours and still leave with plenty of time to make the short drive (30-40 minutes) over to the Washoe House.

I started a new thread for anyone interested in some morning fun at the Auto Fest: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...threadid=29422

Last edited by huck; 08-23-2003 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Attention North BayPeeps:Pizza Run Details Inside